Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would you want the person with the most votes if it isn't a majority?
Because it's fairer than having a person who got LESS popular support. :doh: And we have elections all the time in which the winner didn't get a majority of the votes cast--but did beat all the other contenders. Do we then disallow the election?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Because it's fairer than having a person who got LESS popular support. :doh: And we have elections all the time in which the winner didn't get a majority of the votes cast--but did beat all the other contenders. Do we then disallow the election?
No, we try to find a consensus. It won't work for our elections because of our system. But I don't see why it's not something we try to do for the nomination. Because it makes no sense to me if somebody is nominated with say 30% of the vote. That would mean that 70% of people who voted voted against them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, we try to find a consensus...Because it makes no sense to me if somebody is nominated with say 30% of the vote. That would mean that 70% of people who voted voted against them.
It's true that this is generally how conventions are run, but I don't know that it's unreasonable to argue that the top vote getter should be the nominee rather than someone who had not even placed his name into consideration before the convention and had never faced the voters in any primary or caucus.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's really quite nice to see Mr. Trump and his followers finally beginning to understand how the primary system works, though it does make me wonder what their High School civics teachers could possibly have been teaching.

I look forward to them finding out about the existence of the Electoral College in the autumn.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's really quite nice to see Mr. Trump and his followers finally beginning to understand how the primary system works, though it does make me wonder what their High School civics teachers could possibly have been teaching.
Yes, that's supposed to be amusing, but the issue is not "how the primary system works," because it changes every election. That it should actually WORK is the point being made by Mr. Trump.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
That is not the point being made by Trump. He and his followers would not be blaming Cruz if that was their point. Instead they are calling it a rigged process. They failed at the ground game in Colorado...PERIOD.

I do not agree with the process that Colorado put in place...but it is up to each state group to do it how they deem they want to...and this was done back in August. And the people that are mad...are also the ones that did not go to their local caucus that did happen and place their vote at that time. People got to vote...it was just not a standard vote it was a small local caucus.

Trump and his team either under-estimated, or completely failed to understand the Colorado process while Cruz did not.

And it is that sort of under-estimation of the political system that is going to get Trump in trouble in the big election. That is why the Democrats focus on big cities and big cities only. Larger population of minorities to pander too, larger population of everyone to pander too and promise the world. Costs less so they can spend more elsewhere. Meanwhile most GOP folks are trying grass roots and hitting the rural folks and states and they get stomped on.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This man wants to be President, and he doesn't even know how elections work. What a ridiculous buffoon. If he wants to quit being a real estate developer, and take up a new career in government, he should try running for city council, or school board, and get his feet wet before shooting for the highest office in the land.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
I actually find it hard to believe that Trump did not know about Colorado. Here is a guy that before going into a deal learns everything he can about the deal before making it. You do not become a developer of his caliber without learning the government rules, who to talk to, what process is needed, etc.

I have been thinking and I do not ponder if it was simply a deliberate play...he figured he could lose the points and use the negative publicity to focus it against Cruz and then do what he did...sweep New York.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I actually find it hard to believe that Trump did not know about Colorado. Here is a guy that before going into a deal learns everything he can about the deal before making it. You do not become a developer of his caliber without learning the government rules, who to talk to, what process is needed, etc.

I have been thinking and I do not ponder if it was simply a deliberate play...he figured he could lose the points and use the negative publicity to focus it against Cruz and then do what he did...sweep New York.

But who would have thought it ..

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This man wants to be President, and he doesn't even know how elections work. What a ridiculous buffoon. If he wants to quit being a real estate developer, and take up a new career in government, he should try running for city council, or school board, and get his feet wet before shooting for the highest office in the land.

I thought he has plenty experience working with national , state and local governments especially politicians and influential private citizens .. Even foreign governments and laws .. How do you get ridiculous buffoon from that ? Or suggesting he starts off learning on a school board to get his feet wet ? He even did well in military school so even some exposure there ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is not the point being made by Trump. He and his followers would not be blaming Cruz if that was their point. Instead they are calling it a rigged process. They failed at the ground game in Colorado...PERIOD.

I do not agree with the process that Colorado put in place...but it is up to each state group to do it how they deem they want to...and this was done back in August. And the people that are mad...are also the ones that did not go to their local caucus that did happen and place their vote at that time. People got to vote...it was just not a standard vote it was a small local caucus.

Trump and his team either under-estimated, or completely failed to understand the Colorado process while Cruz did not.

And it is that sort of under-estimation of the political system that is going to get Trump in trouble in the big election. That is why the Democrats focus on big cities and big cities only. Larger population of minorities to pander too, larger population of everyone to pander too and promise the world. Costs less so they can spend more elsewhere. Meanwhile most GOP folks are trying grass roots and hitting the rural folks and states and they get stomped on.

How would you react if your job was monitoring a foreign election and they pulled some fine print rule like Colorado where you didn't have a favorite ? If you want to cry rules then how can Cruz denounce his Canadian citizenship only 2 yrs ago or being born in Canada where his mother didn't fill out proper citizenship forms or anything reported to the American Embassy 'rules my big butt' .. Then Kasich hanging around like a dog under the table waiting on scraps (no pun intended) blabs on fox news he has friends on the delegate committee like a threat and with a wink .. I'd rather he kept it to himself , he lost all my respect ..
Obama the lapdog shredding and rewriting the Constitution .. Bernie and Hillary just waiting to be the next lapdog for their owners ..

And Trump supporters are angry , Duh !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Cruz has been embarrassingly sketchy and Trump has been very honest about how crooked politics is. I think Trump is sincere about the economics and knows what he is talking about. Its the rest that I'm unsure of.
Yeah, and by not being ready to show taxes that are not being audited we see that he is not sincere about anything at all.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟376,565.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Cruz has been embarrassingly sketchy and Trump has been very honest about how crooked politics is. I think Trump is sincere about the economics and knows what he is talking about. Its the rest that I'm unsure of.
It's amazing how it's 'rigged' when he loses, but when they use essentially the same rules, and he wins, he's so quiet about it.

So now, Trump has walked back his view on Minimum Wage, he has walked back his tax plan, he has hired a Finance Director who worked at Goldman Sachs (while criticizing Cruz's wife, who worked at Goldman) and for a Soros company.

And he's made nice with Megyn Kelly! Wow.
Anyone else think FNC was in the bag for Trump all along? I wonder when the other media outlets will turn on him.

For the record, I don't support Trump, but if he's the nominee, I'll hold my nose and vote for him. As in the last three or four presidential elections.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I look forward to them finding out about the existence of the Electoral College in the autumn.

Sadly, I could say the same for Bernie supporters.

Both sides are bunch of crooks that play the system to make sure they all stay in power.

Both sides played against the 'outsider' this time around. The DEMS did all they could to get Bernie out of the way, and the GOP played dirty with Trump as well. To me its not a party deal, but a whole system deal. Neither side deserves a trophy.

They also spoke nasty about the 'outsider' supporters on both sides too, because people didn't fall lock and step with what they told them to do. Now? WELL all of a sudden reality has DAWNED on the power brokers that something big could toss them aside, and crumble their empire. So, they playing the 'nicey nice' game in some ways. It's not nice - its FEAR!

Face facts here! Both sides are bunch of jerks, and we need to take our power back!

Upvote 0