✟842,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump says he wouldn’t sign federal abortion ban

“Would you sign a national abortion ban if Congress sent it to your desk?” Trump was asked by a reporter in Atlanta on Wednesday.

“No,” Trump said, shaking his head.

“You wouldn’t sign it?” the reporter asked.

“No,” Trump said again.

It’s Trump’s firmest response to date on a national abortion ban.

Just a few days ago, Trump said it should be left to the states.

see also: Abortion in Arizona set to be illegal in nearly all circumstances, state high court rules

“Yeah, they did,” Trump said in Atlanta when asked if Arizona went “too far” with the decision.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Huh. Well credit where it is due. That is a position I can respect.

Unfortunate that it will change as soon as it is politically expedient.

It changed over the weekend to the current position by Trump. Despite what he says, he'll sign any abortion ban or restriction bill that hits his desk.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It changed over the weekend to the current position by Trump. Despite what he says, he'll sign any abortion ban or restriction bill that hits his desk.
I completely disagree with that prediction.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My prediction isn't a prediction because Trump will never be president again, but I still stand by my assessment.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My prediction isn't a prediction because Trump will never be president again, but I still stand by my assessment.
I predict that if America reelects the Biden administration, then America will never ever be the same again.....and not in a good way either. The globalist uniparty, the ruling elite establishment will never let go of their grip of power and control.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The GOP will change their position when it suits them. Look at what happened with SCOTUS nominations close to an election.

Their goal is a national ban on abortion, and nothing less.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I predict that if America reelects the Biden administration, then America will never ever be the same again.....

You don't like the booming economy?
and not in a good way either. The globalist uniparty, the ruling elite establishment will never let go of their grip of power and control.
Heaven forbid we have four more years of record stock market, low unemployment, and rising GDP.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't like the booming economy?

Heaven forbid we have four more years of record stock market, low unemployment, and rising GDP.
Booming economy? Awesome economy? Whatever reality that you are seeing is vastly different than the majority of the rest of Americans. Most people in America know that our economy is not doing good at all.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I predict that if America reelects the Biden administration, then America will never ever be the same again.....and not in a good way either. The globalist uniparty, the ruling elite establishment will never let go of their grip of power and control.
Yes, those in power and who wield the control (largely over who gets the former) don’t oft allow “outsiders” any measure of real power.
But this is baked into nearly every system of governance.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Booming economy? Awesome economy? Whatever reality that you are seeing is vastly different than the majority of the rest of Americans. Most people in America know that our economy is not doing good at all.
Who cares what the numbers say, the economy is ca-ca, might need a bit more evidence before there is a lot of weight given this “argument”.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Jan 21st would be radically different than Jan 19th if Joe Biden is elected. (Or probably not.)

(Globalist Uniparty? Where do you get that terminology?)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
(Globalist Uniparty? Where do you get that terminology?)
Jargon is part-and-parcel of any specialized mode-of-thought.
Uniparty, I get, since the parties are openly polarized, and the resultant need to include ones’ own extremists is more important than to work with the “other-side” to get things done. This effectively eliminates “the middle” where they used to “do battle” and “fight-the-good-fight”.

Our system didn’t used to have a dedicated “opposition” party bent of thwarting (whatever) President sits the Office.
While such an opposition party is a wonderful idea in parliamentary-systems, it’s an absolute detriment to the governing-by-consensus mode we operate under.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I see the actual data. You ignore the data and post anecdotes and right-wing propaganda.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have to agree given how much the bottom maybe half+ of Americans struggle with:
1. housing
2. health care
3. child care
4. college costs

I dont see anything from the R party however that will do anything but keep on favoring the investor class at the expense of the rest.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,132,642.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The pro-lifers are angry, but if they are the kind of pro-lifers who will ignore Trump's criminality, dictatorial tendencies, dishonesty, impulsivity, hate-mongering, etc., etc., etc. they will still support him because his position, while unacceptable to them, is more anti-abortion than Biden's.

On the other hand, for discerning pro-lifers who are horrified at Trump's character (or lack thereof) and complete callousness about other pro-life priorities may switch their allegiance.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump says he wouldn’t sign federal abortion ban if Congress passed one

SCOTUS has already ruled that whether to allow abortion or not belongs to the states because the Constitution does not give this to the federal government.

So, if a national ban was passed and signed in to law, SCOTUS would simply strike it down.

Now that we've got that topic covered, what else do you guys wanna talk about?

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
SCOTUS has already ruled that whether to allow abortion or not belongs to the states because the Constitution does not give this to the federal government.

So, if a national ban was passed and signed in to law, SCOTUS would simply strike it down.

Now that we've got that topic covered, what else do you guys wanna talk about?
Not quite.

In Dobbs Scotus said US Const doesnt have an implied abortion right. So the states can regulate it.

But can you show me where the decision restricted congress from legislating on it? Because I dont think the decision did that.

Upvote 0