My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do sometimes wonder what kinds of extreme reactions a social credit system might induce, if it were to be implemented in the West. What happens when someone's bank account is frozen? When people feel like they have nothing left to lose, sometimes they behave very destructively. Of course China already has such a system, but the Chinese have never really known anything close to freedom, so they are already conditioned to comply.

Video description: Excavator operator trashes aircraft

Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
They can turn off access to anything. While I was looking for articles on the U.S. freedom convoy, I read one in which a man was stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere because the company from which he rented his truck shut it down remotely because they didn't agree with the convoy. If as Klaus Schwab (WEF) states that that you will own nothing and you will be happy, more and more of this sort of thing will happen...bank accounts, vehicles, being barred from buying certain sorts of items or anything at all, the books you are allowed to read, etc. and you won't be able to do anything about it because none of it is actually yours.

It's one reason why private ownership is so CRUCIAL to a free society and everyone should have the right to aspire to it. It shouldn't all just be in the hands of a very few autocratic globalist elites.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They can turn off access to anything. While I was looking for articles on the U.S. freedom convoy, I read one in which a man was stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere because the company from which he rented his truck shut it down remotely because they didn't agree with the convoy. If as Klaus Schwab (WEF) states that that you will own nothing and you will be happy, more of more of this sort of thing will happen...bank accounts, vehicles, being barred from buying certain sorts of items or anything at all, the books you are allowed to read, etc. and you won't be able to do anything about it because none of it is actually yours.

It's one reason why private ownership is so CRUCIAL to a free society and everyone should have the right to aspire to it. It shouldn't all just be in the hands of a very few autocratic globalist elites.
a22a77aaf49878a928e730c6f2f80ca891c4d75690cd73c60ab292b8f35f8413.jpg

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

Please be advised: Blogs do not qualify as credible news sources.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,311.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Makes sense if the WEF is using Canada to help create the digital id. Who would trust it if they can turn off your access to your own money like they did with the truckers.

BOOM, Trudeau Reversal Motive Surfaces - Canadian Banking Association Was Approved by World Economic Forum To Lead the Digital ID Creation - The Last Refuge
Ah yes, The Conservative Treehouse. From The Daily Beast (The Cesspool That Spat Out Trump’s New Conspiracy About Cops):

Its zeal for the conspiratorial is so pronounced that even some of Donald Trump’s staunchest allies in right-wing media find the site’s devoted commenters and its pseudonymous operator, “Sundance,” bizarre. Talk radio host Mark Levin has called it a “kook site.” Former Breitbart reporter Lee Stranahan dubbed the site’s owner an “egocentric lunatic” with “cult-like followers.”

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟65,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah yes, The Conservative Treehouse. From The Daily Beast (The Cesspool That Spat Out Trump’s New Conspiracy About Cops):

Its zeal for the conspiratorial is so pronounced that even some of Donald Trump’s staunchest allies in right-wing media find the site’s devoted commenters and its pseudonymous operator, “Sundance,” bizarre. Talk radio host Mark Levin has called it a “kook site.” Former Breitbart reporter Lee Stranahan dubbed the site’s owner an “egocentric lunatic” with “cult-like followers.”

Ah yes, an attack on the source with no comment on the substance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟65,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The credibility of your source is very much relevant. Not the whole story, of course, but very relevant.

It's not the only source of this idea, though. But at its foundation, the idea of a monetary system that can be controlled and turned off at the whim of those in control is a Biblical one.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟200,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They can turn off access to anything. While I was looking for articles on the U.S. freedom convoy, I read one in which a man was stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere because the company from which he rented his truck shut it down remotely because they didn't agree with the convoy.

It's one reason why private ownership is so CRUCIAL to a free society and everyone should have the right to aspire to it.

Should the truck rental company have control over their property, or not?

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟65,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should the truck rental company have control over their property, or not?

That's why @bekkilyn stressed the importance of private ownership.

I remember the main argument for FB, Google, etc... censorship was that they, as a business, had the right to censor anything they wanted and those who were censored could go somewhere else. As much as I oppose censorship, I couldn't help but agree with this argument (though I felt they should lose federally protected immunity if they were going to act as agents of the state). Thankfully, there are now multiple alternatives.

At the same time, I hate to see businesses become involved in politics, but that's a result of ESG imo (a social credit scoring system for businesses)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,311.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What, exactly, is the issue with digital ids?

Here is the problem as I see it: when you have bought into a dark narrative where sinister forces are conspiring to control you, even entirely reasonable mechanisms needed to confer order on a complex society can be seen as the devil's work.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟778,648.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What, exactly, is the issue with digital ids?

Here is the problem as I see it: when you have bought into a dark narrative where sinister forces are conspiring to control you, even entirely reasonable mechanisms needed to confer order on a complex society can be seen as the devil's work.

There is nothing inherently liberating about the idea of implementing social credit scores, where the ruling party can disenfranchise anyone who doesn't comply with the status quo. It is the death of free speech. Or is free speech not important in your view?

Upvote 0

James_Lai

Oct 22, 2021
Ontario
✟24,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There is nothing inherently liberating about the idea of implementing social credit scores, where the ruling party can disenfranchise anyone who doesn't comply with the status quo. It is the death of free speech. Or is free speech not important in your view?

Social credit scores aren't that different from other credit scores that existed or now exist in American society. It used to be you couldn't get a bank loan, for instance, unless you belonged to some civic organization.

Upvote 0