Kc
✟15,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The girl I thought I would marry broke up with me because she was “thinking of other guys.” I gave her everything including my virginity. She promised to be with me. It seems she has fallen away from God and gone down a path I cannot follow. She seems to have gotten over me but I can’t stop thinking of her. It’s been 3 months and they’ve been the worst of my life. The most peace I feel is when I rely on God and pray for His Will. I don’t know what to do to stop feeling pain.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The girl I thought I would marry broke up with me because she was “thinking of other guys.” I gave her everything including my virginity. She promised to be with me. It seems she has fallen away from God and gone down a path I cannot follow. She seems to have gotten over me but I can’t stop thinking of her. It’s been 3 months and they’ve been the worst of my life. The most peace I feel is when I rely on God and pray for His Will. I don’t know what to do to stop feeling pain.

Sorry to heart that. That's tough, for sure. It's going to keep hurting for a while, but not forever. I can guarantee you that. In the meantime, keep yourself as busy as you can. You need a good, healthy distraction. You're already doing the right thing by relying on God. Praying. Just fill up your free time with good stuff. Fishing, working out, hanging with your buddies, whatever it is you can focus on instead.

My advice for the next relationship is that you enjoy it for what it is right now, don't make decisions in it on account of thinking you'll get married. Most teens aren't ready in any way to be married, so this sort of thing could happen again otherwise. Wait till you're finished with school, have got a job, are ready for marriage to think of a relationship in those terms. I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years now, so I certainly understand the temptations & am not making light of them. It's doable though.

• Winner
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0