North Carolina
✟19,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Be careful with the salesmen. Remember, they're salesmen first, traders second (if legitimately at all). Salesmen will tell you whatever they have to to get you to purchase or subscribe to something. A lot of these YouTubers fabricate their content. Not saying this guy necessarily does; I'm not familiar with him. But generally if a "trader" is offering something for sale, I stay clear. Even if it's just a TA video with no sales pitch, I don't trust a lot of these guys.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Be careful with the salesmen.
I would be careful of what you think is a salesman. I haven't bought his program, but I have learned some valuable information about technical analysis. Think about it, would these guys scam or give false Info when they are trying to advertise their business. Some of these people including this dude is seen on CNBC. There's a thing called paper trading. Peace

Upvote 0

Dikaioumenoi

Jun 29, 2016
North Carolina
✟19,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would be careful of what you think is a salesman. I haven't bought his program, but I have learned some valuable information about technical analysis. Think about it, would these guys scam or give false Info when they are trying to advertise their business. Some of these people including this dude is seen on CNBC. There's a thing called paper trading. Peace
Oh sure you can learn valuable info about TA. The problem I have with the fact that people want to sell that info though is that the world of trading is plagued with misconceptions fueled by the appeal of wealth. When social media influencers or even TV personalities tell people "we teach you how to do that in our program," it only advances the false premise that you can fast-track your success by giving them your money, as if what they have to offer behind that paywall is any better than what one can learn for free (or a $50 book budget) through their own research and experience. Even if they don't intend to take advantage of people this way, they turn a blind eye to the fact that that's just what the business model does.

I didn't mean to criticize you for sharing his video. Like I said, I'm not familiar with him. He may have great advice; I'll give him a listen. I just generally tune out and don't trust people when I hear "we teach this in our program." It rubs me the wrong way. Just because someone isn't a scammer doesn't mean their business model doesn't take advantage (intentionally or otherwise) of the vulnerable and unaware. I've been trading for 12 years. I know a lot of people who have spent a lot of money on trading programs. I don't know a single consistently profitable trader who would say those purchases are what helped them to succeed.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't mean to criticize you for sharing his video. Like I said, I'm not familiar with him.
I'm not offended thank you. I and others appreciate the warning, but I love YouTube because it's free education from Health to finances. I prefer videos because I don't read well ADHD type. Ultimately, it's up to everyone who watches to do research before spending a dime. I won't spend a penny because I'm the type that likes to figure things out which has costed me a dime when it comes to trading which is why I mentioned paper trading. lol

Reactions: Dikaioumenoi
Upvote 0