Top Synod cardinal says ‘females deacons’ are a ‘natural deepening of the Lord’s will’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cardinal Mario Grech, one of the two leading cardinals in charge of Pope Francis’ Synod on Synodality, endorsed so-called ‘female deacons’ and ‘a different space for women in the Church.’

VATICAN CITY (LifeSiteNews) — Cardinal Mario Grech, one of the two leading cardinals in charge of the Synod on Synodality, has appeared to contradict Catholic teaching, stating that “the female diaconate and a different space for women in the Church are a natural deepening of the Lord’s will.”

Speaking on the sidelines of meetings of the Swiss Catholic bishops, Cardinal Mario Grech gave his extensive thoughts on the current status of the multi-year Synod on Synodality, accentuating themes of forms of “equality” in the Church, while also speaking on “harmony” and “unity” in response to more difficult questions about the fallout following Fiducia Supplicans.

‘Female deacons’​

Continued below.

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟278,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
VATICAN CITY (LifeSiteNews) — Cardinal Mario Grech, one of the two leading cardinals in charge of the Synod on Synodality, has appeared to contradict Catholic teaching, stating that “the female diaconate and a different space for women in the Church are a natural deepening of the Lord’s will.”
I think it is Grech's will, not His.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
Grech described the pope’s selection of discussion themes for the new groups as dealing “with aspects of the life of the Church on the road, but also the relationship with the changing society.(emphasis mine)

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, for this current world is passing away." (Romans 12:2, 1 Cor. 7:31)

article said:
When asked about this in the interview, Grech shied away from using the term “revolution” to describe “the female diaconate.” Instead, he stated: "I don’t use terms like revolution. The female diaconate and a different space for women in the Church are a natural deepening of the Lord’s will..."

Yes, I see. "Female deacons" are not really female deacons, just like blessings of homosexual couples are not really blessings of homosexual couples---got it.

By the way, Your Eminence: have you ever thought of obtaining a job in the Biden White House? Your skill in prevarication and doublespeak would be highly valued there.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am I allowed to support women deacons in the Catholic forum?

Or is that banned?

Like asking for women priests in the Catholic forum.
Nope. Not till the Church allows it. Otherwise it’s just poking the bear and we are sick of that.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟131,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It is a good thing faithfully to seek deeper and deeper union with and obedience to the Lord's perfect and true will! I hear, in divine revelation, a great depth of His holy and perfect will for women being spoken from the Cross, to His Beloved male disciple John and His Blessed Holy Mother and preeminent female disciple Mary:
Jn 19:26 When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!"
Jn 19:27 Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own.
I believe the depths of His will for women are to be heard, found and obeyed in the maternal gifts in the feminine soul of women - there are the potencies for fruitfulness for the woman, her gifts to Him, her glorification of His Name.

To the man, he is sent - in obedience to his "being sent out", in his apostleship, there is found his priesthood and diaconal service (whether lay or clerical), there is his oblation and self-gift. To the woman, she is sent to be companion and help-mate, and most deeply mother for the sons of man in Him.

The Church has not yet come to realize her maturity in obedience to His will! Not for the men, nor for the women! Satan, of course, is busily pushing his false version of truth, and many are pondering and listening while Mother Church continues struggling to hear truly.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0