✟839,778.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Who has one; who has owned one?

About a month ago I had the chance to fire a T-33; and I liked it. I started looking around for one, and they range, here in Canada, from $200-$300 for really good surplus (some reconditioned, but most not). They eat 7.62 x 25 ammo, and there are crates of cheep surplus stuff available. Lots of noise, it jumps, and blows a ball of fire about 10-12" in diameter with muzzle velocities between 1600 and 1700 fps.

Figure-1-7.62x25-Tok-Conversion-Brad-Miller-300x257.jpg

I found a dealer with one of last years brand new Civilian Serbian M57s left for $235 with two mags. The larger capacity mag with the longer pistol grip, the fact that it was brand new, made it a no brainer. Ordered it by phone, and it arrived and I was impressed. It took me about 2 hours to clean out all the cosmoline (even the barrel was right full; they must have dipped it).

Beautiful fit and finish, and from the very first shot, it functions flawlessly. Here in Canada, we have no requirement for the addition of an aftermarket safety, so they are sleek and unencumbered.

ZAST-M57Y_2.jpg

Accurate, but as some others have noted, at 20 meters, it shoots way low.

Lots of fun though!

Share your thoughts and impressions!

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,778.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Don't have one, have never shot one. This "Lots of noise, it jumps, and blows a ball of fire about 10-12" in diameter" makes it sound like a lot of fun!
That it is!! I hope to find either an aftermarket rear adjustable sight, or one I can rework the dovetail on to make it fit. The slides have very small dove tails.

Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0