Europe
✟18,824.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I post very often and do not know how much is too much or useless but I just had a thought which gave me anxiety: "At the end of your high school years you will not have your faith and will have lost it because the school you go to is bad and will have influenced you to leave it and you can not gain it back". This one gave me anxiety and I do not know if it is from God or satan. My conclusion to this though is that I should change high school if this thought were to be true. I have had similar thoughts to this one come up from time to time. I have heard that God would not give thoughts that produce anxiety but is this biblically factual? I know God has said and warned alot of things which have caused grief and despair to the people in the bible.

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I post very often and do not know how much is too much or useless but I just had a thought which gave me anxiety: "At the end of your high school years you will not have your faith and will have lost it because the school you go to is bad and will have influenced you to leave it and you can not gain it back". This one gave me anxiety and I do not know if it is from God or satan. My conclusion to this though is that I should change high school if this thought were to be true. I have had similar thoughts to this one come up from time to time. I have heard that God would not give thoughts that produce anxiety but is this biblically factual? I know God has said and warned alot of things which have caused grief and despair to the people in the bible.

God does give warnings and warnings can produce feelings of uneasiness that some people may associate with anxiety.

God can also provide us with warnings so that we may take the appropriate steps to not fall into the trap that he's warning us about.

Satan and his workers will also try to torment with thoughts that have no power whatsoever unless we believe them and give them power.

We must seek God in prayer in order to have the discernment needed when these thoughts come.

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
12344321, based on this post plus others that I’ve seen from you, have you talked to someone in person on these topics (e.g. pastor, trusted family member, therapist, etc)? My concern is that via forums like these you’re either getting haphazard, minimal or unqualified advice for what might be better dealt with in-person.

I say this with all love and hope for you.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟340,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This one gave me anxiety and I do not know if it is from God or satan.

Some thoughts are neither from God nor from Satan. Many thoughts are just our brain firing off random ideas.

This quote sounds to me like one of those random human thoughts. I agree with @Brother-Mike that it could be useful for you to talk face-to-face with a person that you trust about how to deal with these intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

Aug 4, 2022
Europe
✟18,824.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
12344321, based on this post plus others that I’ve seen from you, have you talked to someone in person on these topics (e.g. pastor, trusted family member, therapist, etc)? My concern is that via forums like these you’re either getting haphazard, minimal or unqualified advice for what might be better dealt with in-person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟731,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The Lord is with you wherever you go ... your faith is not dependent on what school you attend.

God doesn't micro manage our lives.

You can change schools if you want to ... or not. He is with you wherever you go.

We are not to be anxious about anything.

so if this is making you anxious then it's not from God.

Matthew 6:34

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Upvote 0

Aug 4, 2022
Europe
✟18,824.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I do not have anyone I trust that is christian that I can speak to. Maybe I am lazy or unwilling to go to church because ot is a responsibility.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you may recall, Satan used scripture when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness.

Here's the Rule-of-Thumb that I use to discern the source of something. Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." - John 10:10 NIV

Therefore, if the thought is life-giving, it is from God. If the thought is to steal, kill, or destroy, it is from the enemy.

Your specific question is a tricky one. My gut reactions is to say that you will need to stand on your own two feet when you graduate, no matter where you go to school. The work world or secular college will not coddle you.

If you stay where you are, you can fight the temptation to walk away now. This will help you later. IMHO

Upvote 0