This topic should be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WalkingforHim

Abortion isn't nearly as hot of an issue as homosexuality. The other forum has already proven it's worth, with 46 topics in a matter of days, yet this only has 4. This forum will alwayds be slow, and will limit the amount of debate in the subject due to it's low activity which will lead to people not looking at it.
Abortion isn't nearly as hot of an issue as homosexuality. The other forum has already proven it's worth, with 46 topics in a matter of days, yet this only has 4. This forum will alwayds be slow, and will limit the amount of debate in the subject due to it's low activity which will lead to people not looking at it.

ig3L

Mar 20, 2007
✟7,757.00
It's rather surprising to me that this would stimulate so much less discussion than homosexuality. Homosexuality seems pretty cut and dry to me from a biblical standpoint: It is a sin to engage in homosexual activity, but it is no more or less sinful than any of the other millions of sins that each of us engage in on a daily basis.

Abortion on the other hand . . . .: There is no clear biblical passage that describes when life begins, but it is usually inferred from Scripture that it begins either at conception or at some point between conception and birth. First topic of discussion, when does life begin? If life begins at conception, does this mean that birth control is also immoral if it has any sort of abortifacient effect? Or, what if life, in God's eyes begins before conception? Then any form of birth control would be immoral. Also what about life and health of the mother . . . is abortion allowed when necessary to protect the mother? How do we weigh these values against each other? Assuming that abortion is immoral, should it be against the law to obtain one? Should there be an exception to that law for life of the mother, incest, rape? Should we focus instead on eliminating the root causes of abortion (poverty, racism, etc)? I could go on and on. This is a much muddier issue than homosexuality and the consequences much more dire, and I am surprised that these questions aren't explored in more depth. Oh well, I guess I should start a new thread then.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.