• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thinking of going into exile...

Jack Spartan

Mar 19, 2016
Michigan
✟7,800.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've tried and i've failed to endure, I Don't trust Christ. Not one bit... In my heart I discovered I desire to do things that go against His will and I am Ashamed of it... I think I have committed the unforgivable sin, and I Feel that there is no hope for me. I have decided to leave the catholic church. But I don't know where to go. All I know is that the Sorrow in me is very powerful and has consumed me. Where shall I go I don't know. I wanted a relationship but I have failed...

To anyone who is trying to change their ways like I did, I'll give you some advice. Trust Christ with everything you have. Reject the world, As for me. I don't know. I love you all and I wish you all the best...

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have been where you are. What helped me get through it was to believe that everything that hurt me or made God look untrustworthy was an illusion from the devil. It was a radical act of will to do this. I coupled this with many prayers of gratitude for anything and everything good in my life. Lots of prayer and bible reading altogether. I found verses that said the opposite of my negative thoughts and read them out loud every day.
I am now in a MUCH better place in my life. Not only did God not give up on me or hate me for distrusting, he helped me through it, which I can see afterwards. He also made my life better in so many ways and was waiting all along to do so.
Praying for you.

Reactions: SilvaMay
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I've tried and i've failed to endure, I Don't trust Christ. Not one bit... In my heart I discovered I desire to do things that go against His will and I am Ashamed of it... I think I have committed the unforgivable sin, and I Feel that there is no hope for me. I have decided to leave the catholic church. But I don't know where to go. All I know is that the Sorrow in me is very powerful and has consumed me. Where shall I go I don't know. I wanted a relationship but I have failed...

To anyone who is trying to change their ways like I did, I'll give you some advice. Trust Christ with everything you have. Reject the world, As for me. I don't know. I love you all and I wish you all the best...

You can leave the church, but you cannot go out of the reach of God's love.

Go in peace, Jack.

Upvote 0