Visit site
✟546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no sympathy for the poor, the widows, the destitute, only sympathy for the Devil. The billionaires and multi-millionaires serve mammon, not God. The pigs with their nightsticks and guns are so brave and proud and ruthless as they sweep the defenseless homeless from the sidewalks like they're vermin leaving them no place to go. The people in power don't really care - "We need the money for our families" one government official declared as they voted themselves raises.

All will be held accountable by the Lord for their actions on earth. The rich will be sent away empty while the poor will be filled. Evil will be punished and the good will prevail.

Hell is a horrible place to be sent to.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's no sympathy for the poor, the widows, the destitute, only sympathy for the Devil. The billionaires and multi-millionaires serve mammon, not God. The pigs with their nightsticks and guns are so brave and proud and ruthless as they sweep the defenseless homeless from the sidewalks like they're vermin leaving them no place to go. The people in power don't really care - "We need the money for our families" one government official declared as they voted themselves raises.

All will be held accountable by the Lord for their actions on earth. The rich will be sent away empty while the poor will be filled. Evil will be punished and the good will prevail.

Welcome to CF. A rather blanket statement about rich people I must say. There are many " rich" individuals who give generously to the poor. Additionally, local governments are addressing this issue as best they can. Here in California a law has been passed to help and care for the many unhoused, mentally ill and those who are substance abusers. Each individual has a unique reason for becoming destitute. There is Hope and it begins with trust not hate.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

ombowstring1

Jan 6, 2024
Hyannis
Visit site
✟546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF. A rather blanket statement about rich people I must say. There are many " rich" individuals who give generously to the poor. Additionally, local governments are addressing this issue as best they can. Here in California a law has been passed to help and care for the many unhoused, mentally ill and those who are substance abusers. Each individual has a unique reason for becoming destitute. There is Hope and it begins with trust not hate.
Blessings.

It's Scripturally-based.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,358.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

What an attitude toward your fellow citizens.
The inquisition, and witch burning were also
Scriptually based.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟91,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's Scripturally-based.

To say that something is scripturally-based should carry no value whatsoever, not even to a Christian, because the number of false teachings based upon that assertion no doubt far outnumber the true ones. Two diametrically opposite positions can both legitimately claim the exact same thing, hence the claim is pointless.

To me it simply suggests that the person making the claim is attempting to infer a legitimacy... that the bible... when taken as a whole doesn't support.

But go ahead, keep using it, and I'll keep summarily ignoring you.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,358.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
To say that something is scripturally-based should carry no value whatsoever, not even to a Christian, because the number of false teachings based upon that assertion no doubt far outnumber the true ones. Two diametrically opposite positions can both legitimately claim the exact same thing, hence the claim is pointless.

To me it simply suggests that the person making the claim is attempting to infer a legitimacy... that the bible... when taken as a whole doesn't support.

But go ahead, keep using it, and I'll keep summarily ignoring you.
Ha beat you to it.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,258.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 19:23-25​

23 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, “Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.”
25 When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, “Who then can be saved?”

Never mind all that Old Testament stuff. That was the boss speaking! Christians should take heed and give all their money away. (Bank details supplied on request - subject to certain sincerity tests.)

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,358.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Matthew 19:23-25​

23 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, “Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.”
25 When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, “Who then can be saved?”

Never mind all that Old Testament stuff. That was the boss speaking! Christians should take heed and give all their money away. (Bank details supplied on request - subject to certain sincerity tests.)
Im no christian so maybe i am exempt?

But if not, Ive the perfect plan.
As I got a nice inheritance, i fall into the
Wicked Millionaire class.

So, i sell everythjng and give to the poor.

Now someone else has the real estate etc.

So they should sell it and give the money.

Same with the next.

When theres no millionaires left it can sell to
highest bid, say $500,000.
When nobody left but the poor
to buy the buildings and they fall
into disrepair the problem will be solved.

• Wow
Reactions: Whyayeman
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,070.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I don’t get it. Poor people can be terrible people and rich people can be nice. Throwing out a moral label based on how much money one has seems a bit harsh.

Granted the really wealthy are often terrible people but I’d say that only kicks in at the millionaire levels.

For instance I’m relatively well off but I’m a great guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don’t get it. Poor people can be terrible people and rich people can be nice. Throwing out a moral label based on how much money one has seems a bit harsh.

Granted the really wealthy are often terrible people but I’d say that only kicks in at the millionaire levels.

Well, it usually takes becoming a millionaire just to see how horrible the common folk really are.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,358.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Its easy to understand.
Those who rail against perversions,
hypocrisy, lack of empathy, or whatever
is their wickedness of choice are really
talking about themselves.

We call it psychological projection.

Its embarrassing to behold someone so clueless
about themselves. Its like wearing a dirty diaper in publuc.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,358.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, it usually takes becoming a millionaire just to see how horrible the common folk really are.
Yes, we see, and, having seen, we crush their
heads under our Louboutins. Like they was serpents.

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟661,842.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Rich or poor is not a decider, but integrity.

As the saying goes;

"Conduct yourself with integrity and God will take care of everything."

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,070.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Rich or poor is not a decider, but integrity.

As the saying goes;

"Conduct yourself with integrity and God will take care of everything."
What does taking care mean in this context? For example; I’m the most integritous person you are likely to meet. How does that work?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟661,842.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
What does taking care mean in this context? For example; I’m the most integritous person you are likely to meet. How does that work?
Taking care?

I have no way of telling how you conduct yourself,

in spite of your own opinion of yourself, which is a red flag btw.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟135,194.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note: The kingdom of heaven is here on Earth.

Rich people really means the people who live in rich lands - the West. The West is currently scheduled to be obliterated. America first, and then Europe. The Axis of Evil (Russia, China, Iran and NK) will take care of this. Russia and China are already threatening war against America.

The rich won't enter the kingdom of heaven because they will be wiped out first.

At the sound of terror (Isaiah 24:18), you will have an opportunity to flee to a safe country far away. You won't, and you'll be killed. This is the parable of the talents (Matthew 25) where the lazy servant (too lazy to get out of the way) is killed by a harvest (big war).

The sound of terror is the excuse for a big war. Today, it would be a small nuclear attack which serves as an excuse for a big nuclear attack as retaliation.

Israel's current war with its neighbors will likely escalate to the point where Israel will use nuclear weapons. This is the excuse. Retaliation will come against America within a year.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,358.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Rich people really means the people who live in rich lands - the West. The West is currently scheduled to be obliterated. America first, and then Europe. The Axis of Evil (Russia, China, Iran and NK) will take care of this. Russia and China are already threatening war against America.

The rich won't enter the kingdom of heaven because they will be wiped out first.

At the sound of terror (Isaiah 24:18), you will have an opportunity to flee to a safe country far away. You won't, and you'll be killed. This is the parable of the talents (Matthew 25) where the lazy servant (too lazy to get out of the way) is killed by a harvest (big war).

The sound of terror is the excuse for a big war. Today, it would be a small nuclear attack which serves as an excuse for a big nuclear attack as retaliation.

Israel's current war with its neighbors will likely escalate to the point where Israel will use nuclear weapons. This is the excuse. Retaliation will come against America within a year.
The good book has some harsh words
for "prophets".
And rightly so.

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,070.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Taking care?

I have no way of telling how you conduct yourself,

in spite of your own opinion of yourself, which is a red flag btw.
I asked you in the context of YOUR post. It’s not about me it’s about God taking care of a person. That’s the context I meant.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,070.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Yeah, that sounds rather unlikely. But if Israel and Iran want to nuke each other it’s hardly the end of the world.

Upvote 0