The West Wing

Feb 27, 2004
✟296.00
Faith
Christian
I can't stand The West Wing. It's way too liberal. Also, the president in the show is supposed to be a mature Christian, but there was one episode where he threw a little temper tantrum at God which made him look like someone with little understanding of what the Bible teaches about God. The scene was supposed to make him look compassionate, but it just made him look arrogant and ignorant.

Upvote 0

Momzilla

Gettin' that old time religion!
Feb 12, 2004
Greenville, SC
✟16,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I watch it all the time, but it's really declined since Aaron Sorkin left.

The liberalism of it bugs me, too--or more accurately, the pedantry. I quite often find myself yelling at the screen when they are out-and-out lying about something.

There was an episode recently about federal mandatory minimum sentences, which they lumped with the federal sentencing guidelines. Now, I used to work for the Federal Sentencing Commission and my boss is a former Chair of the commission, so (a) I know this stuff, and (b) I'm a bit sensitive to criticisms of the guidelines. They got so much wrong in that show, it's unbelievable.

Upvote 0

TomUK

What would Costanza do?
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2004
Lancashire, UK
✟62,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I'm a big fan in the UK, but as there's a huge delay between american air dates and british ones i have to download them (unchristian in know!). I think there was a bit of a lull early on in season five, but the writers seem to have found their feet again now and i'm really enjoying it again. even the worst episode of west wing is better than anything else new on tv at the moment.

Upvote 0

~Wisdom Seeker~

INFP the Healer
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fan
thumbsup.gif

It's interesting how often the show's story line seems to be directly related to stories that are currently in the news. :scratch:

I don't have a problem with the writing or the story lines or the fact that entertainment television isn't 100% accurate in comparison to real life. I don't believe that Liberal = Bad either.

I like the acting. I like the look of the show. I like that it has real dialogue. Many of the shows out there are so light in dialogue they make me feel like I must be much smarter than every other human being in America. (and that's a little scarey if you ask me)

I do miss Rob Lowe however. But do enjoy the addition of Lily Tomlin...her character reminds me of my mother.

Upvote 0