Apr 29, 2004
Elemental Plane of Fire
✟17,810.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone!

This rpg will be structured a little differently than most. I will be taking on a more traditional Game Master role. This means that;

• I will not have a player character
  • I am the only one allowed to control or create NPCs
  • I am the only one allowed to describe history, locations and give place names (if you need something for your character’s background just pm me)
  • I am the only one allowed to invent or describe unique or powerful objects
  • I am the only one allowed to advance the plot.

So basically, I will narrate the overall plot; describe the location the characters are in and what objects are around them, and the general choices they could make. Then, you as the player will make your character react until I advance the story with more plot and different locations.

For example;
I might start off by describing the warm and lively atmosphere of a pub on a Friday afternoon. It’s a cosy tavern with its clustered tables and open hearth spilling firelight across the lacquered wooden floor. Most patrons seem in good spirits, keeping closed company with their friends. Tonight’s topic centres around young Braddenbury’s win in the local jousting tournament over Sir Gravin, a seasoned veteran. The heroes are all seated around a circular corner booth chatting amiably. Character B returns with their drinks of choice on a tray and joins them.

Then it’s up to you and the other players to make the characters react to their situation. You might identify the drink your character has ordered. You might have your character get angry that Character B ordered the wrong drink (with the player of Character B’s permission). You might have your character strike up a conversation with another character, have an argument, fall in love, or talk about the nature of the universe.

However, you would not be allowed to make it that your character had their drink poisoned by an unknown menace (that’s taking control of the plot), pick a fight with a patron (since I have not described any), have ordered a chilled infusion of tropical beeswax mixed with unicorn eyelashes (since it’s a unique object not normally found in a pub)

Then, once I deem that the characters have reacted for a sufficient enough time, I will advance the plot. In the above example I might say that Character C’s drink was in fact poisoned with something that on close inspection, gives off little definable scent or appearance. Not knowing what their comrade has been poisoned with, the heroes find they must do something quickly or lose Character C. The innkeeper gazes wide eyed at Character C, sweat beading his brow. Nearby patrons stare at the shocking scene, not knowing what to do. A level headed woodsmen nearby tells them that the nearest cleric lives about a mile down the road.

And so on and so forth...

There will be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 characters for this rpg and they will each fit one of the following roles;

The Swordsman Allrounder – probably the leader, maybe a knight
The Mage/Scientist – a learned individual, not a druid or natural magician. I’ll let you know how magic works and what spells you can use
The Heavy Hitter – a mercenary or similar that’s very strong and uses axes, hammers, etc.
The Healer – could be an apothecary, physician or user of actual healing magic.
The Rogue – an assassin, thief, acrobat or whatever stealthy type
The Marksman – a pathfinder, hunter or whatever as long as their mode of combat is ranged physical projectile.

First in, best dressed! Create your character profiles and pm me the links, but do not give them any equipment other than the general clothes they wear (not too flamboyant please)

General Rules:

• Try not to post OCC comments in the story thread. If you really need to, use (( double brackets ))
  • No player character shall be uber powerful or have a more significant purpose or a greater importance of identity than any other character. Eg. Player A cannot be the Grand Master Swordsman of the Brotherhood of Blades Monastery, Player B cannot be the prophesised saviour of the world, and Player C cannot be the forgotten son of a broken line of kings.
  • No plot derailing – ie. don’t go off on a tangent that steers the story in another direction.

Note this will not be a fast paced rpg. Expect one post from me every 1-3 days.

Once I have sufficient numbers I will start the thread. :)