US
✟1,115,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The rightful Priests of YHWH, exiled from the Temple, making home in Betharaba, home to Yochanan the Immerser, speak of the renewed covenant

Found in Betharaba, this fragment 1QSb, was written in the first century BC. Betharaba is where from Yahshua launched his ministry.

The Blessing Of The Prince Of The Congregation

The Master shall bless the Prince of the Congregation ... and shall renew for him the Covenant of the Community that he may establish the kingdom of His people for ever, [that he may judge the poor with righteousness and] dispense justice with [equity to the oppressed] of the land, and that he may walk perfectly before Him in all the ways [of truth], and that he may establish His holy Covenant at the time of the affliction of those who seek God.

May the Lord raise you up to everlasting heights, and as a fortified tower upon a high wall!

[May you smite the peoples] with the might of your hand and ravage the earth with your scepter; may you bring death to the ungodly with the breath of your lips!

[May He shed upon you the spirit of counsel] and everlasting might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of God; may righteousness be the girdle [of your loins] and may your reins be girdled [with faithfulness] !

May He make your horns of iron and your hooves of bronze; may you toss like a young bull [and trample the peoples] like the mire of the streets!

For God has established you as the scepter. The rulers ... [and all the kings of the] nations shall serve you. He shall strengthen you with His holy Name and you shall be as a [lion; and you shall not lie down until you have devoured the] prey which naught shall deliver ...

Reactions: daq

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟117,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
[May you smite the peoples] with the might of your hand and ravage the earth with your scepter; may you bring death to the ungodly with the breath of your lips!

[May He shed upon you the spirit of counsel] and everlasting might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of God; may righteousness be the girdle [of your loins] and may your reins be girdled [with faithfulness] !

You probably know that those two lines are from Isaiah 11:1-5, (but if not, or if anyone else may be unaware, they are), and Paul similarly speaks of the breath of his mouth concerning his appearance at the time of trouble, in 2 Thes 2:8, (the Greek word pneuma, spirit, may sometimes also be understood as breath, just as the Hebrew word ruach).

Isaiah 11:1-5 KJV
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod [shebet] of his mouth, and with the breath [ruach] of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

The scepter in your quote would be the rod of his mouth in Isa 11:4 which I have underlined, and there we do read H7626 shebet, a scepter, scion, staff, or rod. Thus we have the scepter or rod of his mouth and the spirit or breath of his lips together in the same passage.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJV
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2 Thessalonians 2:8 ASV
8 And then shall be revealed the lawless one, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with the breath of his mouth, and bring to nought by the manifestation of his coming;

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You probably know that those two lines are from Isaiah 11:1-5, (but if not, or if anyone else may be unaware, they are), and Paul similarly speaks of the breath of his mouth concerning his appearance at the time of trouble, in 2 Thes 2:8, (the Greek word pneuma, spirit, may sometimes also be understood as breath, just as the Hebrew word ruach).

Isaiah 11:1-5 KJV
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod [shebet] of his mouth, and with the breath [ruach] of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

The scepter in your quote would be the rod of his mouth in Isa 11:4 which I have underlined, and there we do read H7626 shebet, a scepter, scion, staff, or rod. Thus we have the scepter or rod of his mouth and the spirit or breath of his lips together in the same passage.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJV
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2 Thessalonians 2:8 ASV
8 And then shall be revealed the lawless one, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with the breath of his mouth, and bring to nought by the manifestation of his coming;

I posted this thread long ago.

What I find truly remarkable is that at about the same time you made this post last night' I was on the phone with a friend; and we were doing a word study that stemmed from שם .

It is often translated as "name;" but it more literally means breath. It is the very nature of a person.

For those who might not know, it is the root of the word שמע, which is often translated as hear; as YHWH calls us to listen to his directions.

It is also the root of שמים; which is often translated as heavens.

• Winner
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

What I find truly remarkable is that at about the same time you made this post last night' I was on the phone with a friend; and we were doing a word study that stemmed from שם .

It is often translated as "name;" but it more literally means breath. It is the very nature of a person.

For those who might not know, it is the root of the word שמע, which is often translated as hear; as YHWH calls us to listen to his directions.

Awesome, thanks for that, ("often translated as "name;" but it more literally means breath" :oldthumbsup: ).

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

That's a perfect example of how testimony is spirit.
Everything you have offered makes very good sense.

John 17:4-8 LSV
4 I glorified You on the earth, having completed the work that You have given Me, that I should do.
5 And now, glorify Me, You Father, with Yourself, with the glory that I had with You before the world was;
6 I revealed Your Name to the men whom You have given to Me out of the world; they were Yours, and You have given them to Me, and they have kept Your word;
7 now they have known that all things, as many as You have given to Me, are from You,
8 because the sayings that You have given to Me, I have given to them, and they themselves received, and have known truly, that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

Does he give his talmidim a spelling of a name anywhere in the Gospel accounts? He gives them the Word, and his Testimony was given to him from the shamayim, (John 3:27, 28-36), and his Testimony expounds the Torah, Prophets, and Writings.

In the above text "Your Name" or "Thy Name" would of course be shemekha, (שמך), if it were in Hebrew. Moreover the Ark of the Covenant is also called the Ark of the Testimony because it contains the Testimony-Word. What therefore does it mean to be immersed in the name of the Father? (Mat 28:19)? It is not physical water immersion but full immersion into His Torah-Word, (and Prophets, and Writings), for as we know, a name is not just a spelling but much more, signifying character, attributes, qualities, authority, and so on and so on. He revealed the name of the Father to his talmidim by way of the teachings given to him from the shamayim or heavens.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
for as we know, a name is not just a spelling but much more, signifying character, attributes, qualities, authority, and so on and so on. He revealed the name of the Father to his talmidim by way of the teachings given to him from the shamayim or heavens.

Indeed, and just as a person's shem is of the very essence of their being; so too is YHWH's direction an expression of his very nature.

(CLV) Gn 2:7
Yahweh Elohim formed the human out of soil from the ground, and He blew into his nostrils the breath of (נשמת) life; and the human became a living soul.

(CLV) Ec 12:7
And the soil returns onto the earth just as it was, And the spirit, it returns to the One, Elohim, Who gave it.

Upvote 0