Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do the people of the New Covenant have it easier than the people of the Old Covenant?

My first, knee-jerk reaction to this question, was that we have it much easier than those who lived under Mosaic Law, over 2000 years ago and beyond. With the stonings, strict unatainable standards, and the like, I thought this was a hands-down answer.

But, I started to think about all the distractions in the world today. I sarted to look at this from a different perspective. And now, I am not so sure if we really do have it easier than the Old Covenant generations.

Any thoughts?

John

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by TheBear
Do the people of the New Covenant have it easier than the people of the Old Covenant?

Any thoughts?

John

Yes, we have it a lot better under the new covenant because the Spirit of Grace has been poured out.

There was an old testament prophet who desired to look into our age and it was given to him to do just that. He was amazed at what he saw. His message to us was that we just do not know how good we have it. The main thing he spoke about was that a man's wages are his own. People are not sold into slavery to where their wages belong to their owner. He talked about how oppressive and restrictive it was under the law.

The law itself is good and right, true and pure. But what the law exposes is cruel as death itself.

We now live under the law of liberty and the righteous requirements of the law are fufulled in us. But it is not our work, it is the work of God and the Holy Spirit in us. Living under the law proved that man is not able to do it on his own apart from God. It has to be a work of God in us.

Ephes. 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.