TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said “The mysteries of the kingdom of heaven are hidden in the parables”. We Christians say, “These mysteries are not hidden from us. We are among those who see”. Consequently, we have no reason to examine, what we sincerely believe cannot possibly be true; that there are “THINGS HIDDEN” that each believer must investigate before we will see it.

“I will open My mouth in parables;

I will proclaim things hidden since the foundation of the world.”
(Matthew 13)

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11 Jesus answered them,

“To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12 For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him (the mystery revealed in the parables). 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17 For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
(Matthew 13)

About the Book

The Lord deliberately hid “mysteries of the kingdom of heaven” in the parables to conceal them from those who would not seek to know him and to be “granted” revelation from him. To those who, from a sincere heart and ask, he will open the mysteries.

9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Luke 11

The Shocking Part

The shocking part about the mysteries revealed in the parables is that they are either a blessing or a judgment on those who accept Jesus as Savior and enter into his eternal covenant. Depending upon one’s walk after receiving, there are eternal rewards or eternal consequences. The parables reveal these rewards and consequences in graphic detail. What is frightening is that only those to whom Jesus has “granted” to “see” the revealed mystery will heed his warning and walk with him into his kingdom, our inheritance as believers.

Each parable has been “unlocked” to reveal its hidden meaning as supported by scripture itself. It is uncertain that, even when explained, that it can be “seen” apart from having been “granted”. In any case, we trust the Lord to bring those with a sincere desire to follow Christ to this book to be blessed with this knowledge.

Parable of the Talents

Chapter 1

The essential key to unlocking the “mysteries of the kingdom of heaven” is to understand that when Jesus starts telling a parable with the words…

“The kingdom of heaven is like…”

Jesus is not talking about salvation!

In the Parables, Jesus is describing and defining requirements that he expects believers to exemplify as a result of having been given so great a salvation and an eternal Inheritance worthy of trading our lives for and to appropriate what is ours at all costs- the kingdom of heaven.

Observations in the Parable of the Talents-

1. “For it” refers to the kingdom of heaven as referenced previously in the same chapter
Matthew 25:1. Jesus is speaking to those in covenant, the Jews, not the unsaved.

2. The “Master” is God the Father.

3. “His own slaves” are those whom he “owns”, bought with a price, those in covenant.

4. “Settled accounts” is the judgment of those who have received the gift of salvation and have been resurrected as promised, those who receive Christ’s blood atonement. They are all standing before their Master to give an account for what they “did”, or “did not” do to meet his expectations.

5. “Enter into” is the door to the kingdom of heaven, our inheritance.

6. “Even what he does have shall be taken away”- Loss of what was his to appropriate by “doing” something- entrance to the kingdom of heaven.

7. “the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”- Hell, the dwelling place where “eternal” beings reside for eternity. “Mortal” beings die under the curse of death that Adam brought upon the world. They have been “judged already”. They will not be resurrected…

18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it (the kingdom of heaven) is just like a man about to go on a journey, who called his own slaves and entrusted his possessions to them. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey.

16 Immediately the one who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and gained five more talents. 17 In the same manner the one who had received the two talents gained two more. 18 But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “Now after a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20 The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’

22 “Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have gained two more talents.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’

24 “And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.’

26 “But his master answered and said to him, ‘You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed. 27 Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest. 28 Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.’

29 “For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30 Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 25

The entire study of "Mysteries Hidden in the Parables" is attached.

Attachments

• Mysteries Hidden in the Parables.pdf
    558.5 KB · Views: 32

privatepop

May 1, 2011
Visit site
✟23,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is God. And of the whole Bible.

Rv 19:13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Jn 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

All the Bible is written in parables, Mt 13:34, All these things spake Jesus (The Word of God, the Bible) unto the multitude in parables; and without (not having) a parable spake he not unto them:

Pr 25:2, It is the glory of God to conceal a thing (This is the same word for H1697, Word, the Bible in parables): but the honour of kings (Those that are saved) is to search out a matter (Again H1697 Word, the Bible).

Does God have to be suspefic that he is going into a parable? No. All scripture has a spiritual understanding.

1 Cor 2:13, Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things (the Bible) with spiritual (the Bible).

In the Old Testament did God reveal before hand when he spake of Sara and Hagar that they were pictures of the covenant? No. That happened much later in the New Testament. And so it is with all scripture. There is hidden truth. Gal 4:22-24 [22] For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. [23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. [24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. [25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. [26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. [27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does God have to be specific that he is going into a parable? No. All scripture has a spiritual understanding.

Jesus was specific when it came to the "mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" being hidden in the parables. You asked, "Does God have to be specific?" No, but when he is specific, we need to pay attention. The parables are intentionally given to those in covenant with a special means of understanding what is being said so that the understanding can be "granted".

His disciples asked why and He told them...

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11 Jesus answered them,

“To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12 For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him (the mystery revealed in the parables). 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17 For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. (Matthew 13)​

We can dismiss what Jesus made specific, but we will lose the opportunity to be granted what "many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."

Upvote 0