South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
will do Boaz
Thanks Dag.
Things seems to be going better today. I think he is starting to recover physically. certainly it is true "He restores my soul". I do believe the Lord can even give a conscience where there wasn't one previously.

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
I had built up a working relationship between our corps and another denomination. The worship leader, who had been an evangelist at one time, is keen to do evangelism through The Salvation Army in our area.

Sadly, through the Deliverence of the guy I told you about, the new officer (hwho seems to be a control/info freak) has given the evangelist guy a real cold shoulder. I think it is partly also to do with a difference in theology.

These things are so petty. It has cast a real cloud. (Last year we had shared a Carol Service with them, and they wanted to do the carol, service together with us at the shopping cntre in OUIR AREA geared at EVANGELISM. This area is relaitively untouched and is as dark with sin as can be (crime, addiction, etc and few churches reaching it).

This is very sad. It is very tempting to be bitter, but as the song says, "More is wrought in prayer than many are aware".

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
I will be moving before January to my new appointment. Waht makes me sad is that it is 3 years of networking that is not going to be used.

Having said that, there are other contacts that the new guy will use. (I just find it sad that the Body has to be divided over petty small issues. It would make as much sense as a fractured heaven.)

There are other things that the Lord is bringing to pass (by His Almighty Hand), and is important for the future. I can only pray that they will grow and develop (as evidence that the Lord planted them) and will servive any weird reactionary-ultra-conservative brand of (personally instituted) Salvationism-Leadership

Upvote 0

mac8

Nov 10, 2006
✟15,654.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I can't take any more of the problems with TSA leaders. I've had five years straight of it, and I never want to go back there again. I just want to follow the Jewish injunction - go find yourself a rabbi.
Then you know you are being mentored by someone you trust, you can move to another if it falls apart, and you have some stability in your life. If you find someone who has some credibility, it often follows they have a lot of stability of life. The Jewish way of findign a trustworthy rabbi and sticking with him is pretty good in comparison. Here in TSA I see congregations dread whoever comes next in case they are even worse than the last one. It's not good.

Stability of life... a Benedictine principle as well. I think it also matches Alan Hirsch's understanding of apostolic leadership.

Blessings
E.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mac8

Nov 10, 2006
✟15,654.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do hear what some of the DHQ etc officers are saying on the blogs etc. namely that while some COs are now staying longer than before, and some stability can happen, in some places there isn't any continuity in more senior positions. One DHQ officer described the months and meetings consumed in working out a particular plan and strategy for developing the division only to have it scrapped by a leader change, and all that time wasted. If you turn the church into a huge clergy-led operation, I think this is what inevitably happens. I can't see how it is creating conditions for the effective spread of the gospel at grassroots level. I just can't see it.

Eleanor

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Hi folks.
Most have probably heard already, but if not, I thought I would mention that there has ben requests for prayers for the General - he is seriosuly ill.

He will be undergaoing treatment, and possibly corrective surgery afterwards. He will still be keeping the office of General, but will not be doing any travelling for 6 months.

One could guess what this is all about, but obviously prayer is urgent.

Thank you.
B.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi folks.
Most have probably heard already, but if not, I thought I would mention that there has ben requests for prayers for the General - he is seriosuly ill.

He will be undergaoing treatment, and possibly corrective surgery afterwards. He will still be keeping the office of General, but will not be doing any travelling for 6 months.

One could guess what this is all about, but obviously prayer is urgent.

Thank you.
B.

:prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mac8

Nov 10, 2006
✟15,654.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Surviving, may you be blessed with a complete household! :0)

Prayers appreciated - just exhausted after being in hospital with my son while he had the latest round of tests, and then home to work catch-up and many broken and disrupted nights. Need to sleep the next 48 hours really, but have to go to a meeting at the school and cook for the weekend. Difficult treatment decisions lie up ahead for my son, soon to be 14.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

WashedByTheWater

Aug 19, 2008
✟15,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Oh. God. I have just plastered this forum trying to soak up all the prayer I can get!
I need pray for faith. I have very little right now and its shipwrecking me emotionally, mentally, and spritually! I hardly believe anymore and just beg the Lord to help me increase my faith! Faith is truly rare these days... I know faith is not something the Lord can give you... but I just need prayer that I will have the ability to improve and increase my faith!

Upvote 0