Jun 23, 2014
✟177,801.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
He was saying it’s as if Patch Adams no longer existed
Not clear in the Reddit post. He says:
'But, if you told me it didn’t exist, I’d freak out. It is exactly the same for me with Shazam'.
I took the 'it' there as meaning the movie. I suppose he was talking about the character no longer existing because Robin Williams doesn't anymore(?)

What is it with you and this 'Mandela Effect' thing?
Do you think the memories come from some past existence (or life)of the rememberers?
If that is so, .. then I am not with you in that belief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,801.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I tried to explain
.. and I'm trying to listen .. but you haven't explained your reasons for continually citing this 'Mandela Effect' thing as your reason for everything. I cannot see the relevance. Perhaps you should try again .. without the videos .. y'know, like in your own words!

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,801.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I know it's not false memory
Earth is literally altering
Ok .. so how do you know either of those conclusions?
Ie: can you explain 'the how' you came to those conclusion?
Few explanations could be given

That’s clear
Well rather than trying to justify that you: 'know its not a false memory' and that: 'the Earth is literally altering', you should be able to at least tell us the steps by which you managed to come to those conclusions, no(?)

Do you see that justifying your conclusion, and laying out the steps for coming to it, are two separate exercises?
I'm prepared to suspend my (personal) disbelief in your conclusions, for the sake of understanding how you got there.
Do any of those steps involve, in any way, this 'Mandela Effect'?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,801.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The cause is clearly that the original memory was formed from a belief, (perhaps even, a widely, collectively held one?)
Whereas science distills knowledge of 'objective reality', based on its process .. (which excludes beliefs because everything used in that process is either testable or has already been tested).

Upvote 0