Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
"The Lutheran Missal project aims to make available to the English-speaking church of today the lectionary, prayers, and other accompanying rites and resources that were available to and used by the Lutheran Church in the first century following the Reformation." About

Yours in the Lord,

jm

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"The Lutheran Missal project aims to make available to the English-speaking church of today the lectionary, prayers, and other accompanying rites and resources that were available to and used by the Lutheran Church in the first century following the Reformation." About

Yours in the Lord,

jm

By the way if you can inform us of parishes that plan on adopting it I would love to be able to follow the ones that stream on YouTube. Where happily @MarkRohfrietsch ’s church now is, meaning the only church I have to log in to Facebook to view that is of interest is the ultra Anglo Catholic St. Magnus the Martyr in the City of London.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,111.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
By the way if you can inform us of parishes that plan on adopting it I would love to be able to follow the ones that stream on YouTube. Where happily @MarkRohfrietsch ’s church now is, meaning the only church I have to log in to Facebook to view that is of interest is the ultra Anglo Catholic St. Magnus the Martyr in the City of London.
There is also St. Mary Magdalene )Anglo Catholic) in Toronto (Healy Willian's Parish): Livestreamed services | Church of St Mary Magdalene (Anglican) and St. Georges Kingston Ontario Broad to high Anglican

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There is also St. Mary Magdalene )Anglo Catholic) in Toronto (Healy Willian's Parish): Livestreamed services | Church of St Mary Magdalene (Anglican) and St. Georges Kingston Ontario Broad to high Anglican

I am familiar with St. Mary Magdalen owing to the exquisite music of Healey Willan but due to the contemporaryliberal politics that unfortunately characterize that parish (apparently), I generally watch St. Thomas Huron Street on YouTube, which has a really excellent musical program, but I haven’t listened to them lately. However St. George’s in Kingston I was not familiar with so I will have to check them out. Right now I’m viewing a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy that happened at the ROCOR cathedral in San Francisco on Sunday which has very good liturgics.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,111.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am familiar with St. Mary Magdalen owing to the exquisite music of Healey Willan but due to the contemporaryliberal politics that unfortunately characterize that parish (apparently), I generally watch St. Thomas Huron Street on YouTube, which has a really excellent musical program, but I haven’t listened to them lately. However St. George’s in Kingston I was not familiar with so I will have to check them out. Right now I’m viewing a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy that happened at the ROCOR cathedral in San Francisco on Sunday which has very good liturgics.
Here in Canada, even high Church and Anglo-Catholic parishes can be too woke for comfort.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟757,729.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Here in Canada, even high Church and Anglo-Catholic parishes can be too woke for comfort.
I heard someone on Issues, Etc or Gottesdienst Crowd say liturgy was a liberal thing in the 70s and 80s.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,111.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I heard someone on Issues, Etc or Gottesdienst Crowd say liturgy was a liberal thing in the 70s and 80s.
First of all, these are my thoughts based on experience and third party anecdotes...

To a certain extent, Liturgy may have been associated with "liberalism", but not exclusively. I do believe that "liberal" may have been defined a bit differently.

I know in the 60s there were some Anglican Churches that practiced "closed" communion. These parishes were generally less liturgical and by some called "Low Anglican".

In "Confessional" Lutheranism, I would say things similar, but different at the same time.

Pietism came from a couple different influences; Scandinavian immigrants tended to be pietist (much more legalistic than the German, Slavic, and Alsatian counter-parts. Likewise, Churches that were remote "pioneer" parishes often had to settle for what ever clergy happened to be traveling through for baptisms, weddings, funerals, and even services, and before synods might even call a reformed Pastor to serve their Church. This influence can be seen in some parishes to this day.

Pietist congregations can usually be identified by infrequent communion, an aversion to adult Lutheran beverages, prohibitions to dancing, etc.

Generally, we see pietism present to some degree more in the Midwest and west coast of both Canada and the US; while a higher emphasis to liturgy is often seen in larger cities.

Certainly one can also find more liturgical worship in larger cities among Anglicans as well, but a good example is in my own city; the largest of the three Parishes is very high church; but they are hyper-woke.

Non Confessional Lutherans (most of which are in fellowship with Anglicans and Presbyterians (still scratching my head on that one) are all woke liberals regardless of bells and smells or not. Not all of their members are though.

There can be quite a pietist influence in some of the WELS congregations as well; but again, geography and ethnicity similar to that within the LCMS do come into play as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟757,729.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
First of all, these are my thoughts based on experience and third party anecdotes...

To a certain extent, Liturgy may have been associated with "liberalism", but not exclusively. I do believe that "liberal" may have been defined a bit differently.

I know in the 60s there were some Anglican Churches that practiced "closed" communion. These parishes were generally less liturgical and by some called "Low Anglican".

In "Confessional" Lutheranism, I would say things similar, but different at the same time.

Pietism came from a couple different influences; Scandinavian immigrants tended to be pietist (much more legalistic than the German, Slavic, and Alsatian counter-parts. Likewise, Churches that were remote "pioneer" parishes often had to settle for what ever clergy happened to be traveling through for baptisms, weddings, funerals, and even services, and before synods might even call a reformed Pastor to serve their Church. This influence can be seen in some parishes to this day.

Pietist congregations can usually be identified by infrequent communion, an aversion to adult Lutheran beverages, prohibitions to dancing, etc.

Generally, we see pietism present to some degree more in the Midwest and west coast of both Canada and the US; while a higher emphasis to liturgy is often seen in larger cities.

Certainly one can also find more liturgical worship in larger cities among Anglicans as well, but a good example is in my own city; the largest of the three Parishes is very high church; but they are hyper-woke.

Non Confessional Lutherans (most of which are in fellowship with Anglicans and Presbyterians (still scratching my head on that one) are all woke liberals regardless of bells and smells or not. Not all of their members are though.

There can be quite a pietist influence in some of the WELS congregations as well; but again, geography and ethnicity similar to that within the LCMS do come into play as well.
What was your second of all?

Upvote 0