Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm surprised we don't have a thread on job hunting! Post anything here! It's considered part of the Business world no matter your profession.

Share your struggles, offer encouragement & tips, etc.

This is something I really struggled w/ out of college so thought we need a thread on it here in this sub-section.

I'd say one thing is don't be discouraged if it takes a while, you get rejections, something doesn't work out (you're fired). It's definitely not an easy process & everything can be used to grow & is part of the growth process.

I wish I had a Bible verse to share, but it’s important to recognize as Christians, it'll work for God’s glory & is working for his glory.

(I’ve been at my place 9 years & it’s good but I’m floating out resumes to see what else is out there, open for something different but content where I’m at) :)

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised we don't have a thread on job hunting! Post anything here! It's considered part of the Business world no matter your profession.

Share your struggles, offer encouragement & tips, etc.

This is something I really struggled w/ out of college so thought we need a thread on it here in this sub-section.

I'd say one thing is don't be discouraged if it takes a while, you get rejections, something doesn't work out (you're fired). It's definitely not an easy process & everything can be used to grow & is part of the growth process.

I wish I had a Bible verse to share, but it’s important to recognize as Christians, it'll work for God’s glory & is working for his glory.

(I’ve been at my place 9 years & it’s good but I’m floating out resumes to see what else is out there, open for something different but content where I’m at) :)

Funny you should post this. I'm on a job hunt myself. I was at my last job for eighteen years and took a voluntary layoff package. Friday was my last day. I'm not overly concerned about it but it's still something to worry a little about.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've been "job hunting" for over a year now. I had no luck with in-person jobs, and all I've been able to get are internet jobs. With my writing and web design expertise, this probably shouldn't be a surprise.

I suppose that I've never been educated in IRL social niceties, and so I come across as autistic in in-person job interviews. It's possible that I may actually have a mild case of autism. I shall be investigating that this Spring under the supervision of a therapist.

But mostly I think employers are very specific about what they want, and if you don't have that exact thing, they won't hire you. There's no "taking a chance" on someone anymore.

Upvote 0