Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One of the most provocative and encouraging statements I have found in the Bible is this one:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12, NKJV)

For me, this means also that I should not put any limits on what I think I can or cannot do, or rather, what the Love, Power and Wisdom of God can do through me. I believe following Jesus is adventurous, do you also experience it this way?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,854.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the most provocative and encouraging statements I have found in the Bible is this one:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12, NKJV)

For me, this means also that I should not put any limits on what I think I can or cannot do, or rather, what the Love, Power and Wisdom of God can do through me. I believe following Jesus is adventurous, do you also experience it this way?

Yes - and I try to encourage others to live this life of faith and celebration - but the cost of getting there is considerable.

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I like truth and wisdom ... and the Word of God is full of that and I study a lot ... it is the best journey anyone can take and lasts a lifetime.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,854.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like truth and wisdom ... and the Word of God is full of that and I study a lot ... it is the best journey anyone can take and lasts a lifetime.

Yes, part of my foundation came from reading nothing but scripture, devotionally, for over 5 years.

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes - and I try to encourage others to live this life of faith and celebration - but the cost of getting there is considerable.
Okay, beautiful that you also choose this life, what do you mean with the cost of getting there? I believe more and more that everything is provided by Grace, how do you see that?

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, studying is beautiful, no doubt about that. I also believe we are asked to do the works, not just study, but also be available to teach, heal, and spread the Gospel. That is where the greatest joy and happiness lies, I believe. Thanks for your input anyway.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,854.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, beautiful that you also choose this life, what do you mean with the cost of getting there? I believe more and more that everything is provided by Grace, how do you see that?

I had a shipwrecked life but He gave me a second chance - it took 7 years of prayer and ministry to be rebuilt, then a 40 year wait before I was ready for what He was going to do. Lots of pain along the way - learning to put Him first in everything.

Yes it is all by grace, but the journey is not a 'cakewalk' - think Jeremiah thrown in the city sewer, Paul in chains, almost every disciple executed - there is a cost.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for sharing, Carl. I know that for many, including me, the spiritual path or Christian life is not something that goes smoothly. This is also related to how much I am attached to doing things "my own way" rather than trusting in God's ways, I think. I do believe that the more I am willing to "let go and let God," the easier it becomes. Thanks again, God bless!

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,854.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
P.S. My testimony thread here...

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
P.S. My testimony thread here...

Wow, very inspiring stuff, Carl. Yes, glad you picked up this invitation, and allow Jesus to decide what your ministry should look like. Amazing. Thank you for sharing, and keep up the good (God) work!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,854.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, very inspiring stuff, Carl. Yes, glad you picked up this invitation, and allow Jesus to decide what your ministry should look like. Amazing. Thank you for sharing, and keep up the good (God) work!

Just to clarify, my life is punctuated by His interventions as He goes about His work, but this is not happening every day and cant be 'turned on'

It was the same with Paul as the narrative in Acts spans many years.

Being ready and waiting for the Lords return is to be doing His bidding at the time of His arrival. This is a matter of daily walking in conversation with Him and seeking His will in all matters of life.

But hey, I am just a Joe Blow graciously given the opportunity to walk the walk - far from prefect but willing.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, studying is beautiful, no doubt about that. I also believe we are asked to do the works, not just study, but also be available to teach, heal, and spread the Gospel. That is where the greatest joy and happiness lies, I believe. Thanks for your input anyway.
If we study ... through the power of the Holy Spirit (bringing understanding) ... will change our thinking and thereby change our actions ... and we will have works.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If we study ... through the power of the Holy Spirit (bringing understanding) ... will change our thinking and thereby change our actions ... and we will have works.
Thank you, Eleos1954. If that is how it works for you, that is great. Some of the works I do for the Kingdom of God are praying for those who need healing, and sharing with people how the love of God has changed my life. I am curious, how does doing the works look for you?

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, Eleos1954. If that is how it works for you, that is great. Some of the works I do for the Kingdom of God are praying for those who need healing, and sharing with people how the love of God has changed my life. I am curious, how does doing the works look for you?
Galatians 5: 22-23. But the fruit (works) of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,854.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 5: 22-23. But the fruit (works) of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

I think Fruit is more about Godly attitude rather than Works.

Works involves hearing what the Father wants and being in obedience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟19,292.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What comes to mind for me is something Heidi Baker of Iris Ministries has said, "Love has to look like something!" When I say I love my neighbour, it has to look like something. This can be praying when my brother needs healing, inviting people to join in worship, talking about God on the streets, for example. Those I my works, and I am always curious about what people are actually doing. Carl, you have shared that with me, and now I am just curious, Eleos, what does it look like as you move your body through this world? Your works?

Upvote 0