Somewhere
✟611.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
God has recently allowed me to experience somebody I connect with on a soul level and I've been able to talk with them for hours about Him. I'm so tremendously grateful for the ability to be edified by their views and who they are. We have different perspectives on a lot of things but to be honest I've never had a bad conversation with them and I always walk away genuinely a better person for it. I didn't know such a deep fellowship like this was possible and I'm so grateful I've been able to experience it at least once in my life.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It has been years since I started a discussion in Singles. I was hesitant to share this post, but I was thinking this could be helpful or edifying for someone. I know the title sounds so simplistic and painfully obvious, but I believe that one of the keys to unlocking contentment is to meditate on the goodness of God and his blessings in our own life. I think it is easy to focus on the trials or sufferings in life. We definitely have to pick up our cross and suffer at times for our faith. But that is only one aspect of Christianity. There are so many blessings that we do experience.

I thought it would be an interesting discussion to share our own personal experiences of the moments or times in our own lives that we were very conscious of the goodness of God. Sometimes it can be the most simple thing that really gets our attention and shows us how blessed we are. I have several experiences I can share later. I would love to hear from others. I think meditating regularly on this and encouraging each other to focus on this can be life changing. I know the moments I have had have really helped to change my outlook on certain struggles or difficulties.

I really like the verse in Psalm 103. "Bless the Lord, and forget not all his benefits."
This thread deserves a permanent spot at the top. Just after reading this initial post, I couldn't help but exclaim "Amen" aloud, and I sincerely wish there were more than just four pages. I initially read Bondservant's response from a link and immediately went to the very beginning to read it all. I'm eager to see more of this material.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One thing that's always struck me and which agrees with and speaks to the truth of what you've written here, is that God did not instantly delete the Angels who rebelled against Him and produced abominable giants, or man after Adam sinned. Instead He in His grace & mercy allowed them to exist for a time and has united everything in and through Christ. Whenever I get sad about the evil in the world and think about Jesus's return wondering why He hasn't yet come to remove the evil for good, I remember that I wouldn't exist if He wasn't so faithful and patient. God values us so much that He endures things that grieve Him to the core just so we can exist.
That was truly beautiful and incredibly thought-provoking. Thank you for sharing that perspective. It's something I had never contemplated before. It's profound to realize that God had the power to prevent all the pain and suffering from the very beginning, but doing so would have meant I and many others would never have existed. We would have been denied the opportunity for eternal life, robbed of choice simply because we wouldn't exist at all. Because Adam and Eve did a bad thing, I would have been punished, but instead, God gave me a chance. Me, who is underserving and unworthy of it. Someone could argue that it wouldn't matter because I wouldn't know, but what if it's far more complex than that and we simply DON'T understand it? What if God thought about what he was going to do, realized it would bring him great pain and suffering to do it, but inherently the end result would be good and loving? This realization fills me with immense gratitude.

While one could argue that eliminating us and all suffering would have spared us from the bad, it's fascinating to ponder the depth of love required for someone to say, "I'm willing to endure the deepest pain you couldn't possibly fathom to ensure you have the chance to live and choose eternal life. You may not want it, you may even reject it, but someone who comes long after you, 400 years from now? I love them too, and THEY deserve that choice. You NEED to have choice for this amazing thing to happen. You have to have choice for this beautiful, wonderful thing to happen. The only way it can happen is if YOU have a choice, so I am going to suffer for you."

The vast scope and power of God are truly beyond comprehension, and while I can only speculate, it's a profoundly intriguing thought.

This also raises the question of Revelations. What is it that happens that gets God, all powerful, all knowing, all good, and all loving, to say, "Enough. No more." It's a thought that sets my mind in motion.

Sorry, I'm on a bit of a tangent, but this post made me sit back and go, "I am so thankful... I want to see it." It's one of those things where I heard that when we're in heaven, we'll be rejoicing at God's judgement. Something I've thought about recently was, 'How is it that I'll be rejoicing at people I love and care about burning in hell and losing eternal life?' And right now I'm sitting here and thinking, "Imagine getting to Heaven, SEEING it as God does, understanding it, and it being SO GOOD that you go 'HALLELUJAH!'. I can't even begin to fathom how good something has to be to make me want that, but I know one thing. Whatever that good is? I want that. And I am incredibly thankful that he loves me enough to suffer for me to have the opportunity to have it.

It also makes me want to endure this life, all the pain and suffering, to see that. To have that. Like, how good is God? Amirite?

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but I just wanted to say thank you for that!

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sharing this from the "What's on your mind thread":

I'm sharing this not to seek sympathy, but to share the power of God within my life, in case anyone here has yet to experience this. I'd consider this a testimony of sorts. Perhaps some of you can relate. It was my first encounter with such a situation but I've never felt closer to God.

I was having a conversation about God with someone who holds significant importance in my life tonight. I had introduced them to God, brought them to my church once, and they are genuinely excited about becoming a believer. They shared their experiences and enthusiasm for learning more about God. They had downloaded religious apps, they were showing me their notebook full of notes they'd taken, and even showed me inspirational Biblical videos they had watched that inspired them. We were having an engaging discussion about how God was impacting our lives. Then in came a non-believer.

I explained the topic of our conversation and the positive effects God had on us. They began with probing questions, the kind meant to trip you up so they could smack you down. Initially, they remained civil, but their anger started escalating when I suggested they seek God themselves to experience what we were talking about. Their questions became more aggressive, and they grew increasingly agitated. They refused to let me provide answers, instead resorting to shouting over me instead of letting me answer. Whenever I attempted to respond, they would interrupt immediately by yelling, then claiming I had no answers. I told them I would answer them if they let me, and they'd respond with, "Well then !#$@ing answer the !@$# question!" So I'd try, and they'd start yelling again. I don't yell back, so when they start yelling I stop to let them yell till they're done, which then they reply with, "SEE?! You have nothing!"

This went on for at least an hour. I tried to convey my takeaway from my faith journey; that we need God in every aspect of our lives, not just when we can't handle things on our own. We think we can handle everything, and then when we can't, we turn to God, when really we should be turning to God for everything. They countered that this need for God was a sign of weakness on my part. I admitted to my weakness, stating that with God, I found strength. They argued that this very need for something external made me weak. They believed that true strength meant being self-sufficient, and if I was more like them, I'd have real strength and I wouldn't need to rely on some fairy-tale deity.

In an attempt to prove their point, they started slapping me across the face. They kept questioning my belief of the existence of God, asking why, if God loved me SO much, would he allow this to happen to me. According to them, an all-knowing and all-good God would not permit such suffering. They asserted that they were the one with real/actual power, because they were bigger and stronger, claiming that this was the reality of power and that my belief in God was crap.

In that moment, emotionally, I didn't feel an ounce of anger. Before finding God, that would have been the first thing I felt. I know I would have been livid. I would have started screaming at them or trying to hit them back. I would have thought, 'HOW DARE YOU! I'LL SHOW YOU!'. Instead, I felt fear and deep sadness. The fear stemmed from the realization that this person was physically superior to me, and even if I used my best self defense, they could have killed me with their bare hands easily. There's no doubt in my mind, that I would end up in the hospital or worse. The sadness came from knowing this person. They weren't a stranger to me. They're very important to me just as the first person mentioned is. It hurt because I recognized that, in that moment, they were so far from God's grace.

Despite the fear and sadness, I also felt a sense of pride. Not in myself but in my faith? I realized that I held such deep conviction in God that I was willing to endure physical harm for it. I refused to abandon my faith or turn my back on Him because I believe in Him so strongly, that agreeing simply to end the physical pain wouldn't be worth losing Him. They could have slapped me all night, beat me into the ground, and I would not cave. Not only was I willing to get beaten for it, I have been praying to God since then like Jesus called to him on the cross.

I'm not angry, not at all, but my heart aches for them. I fear the consequences they may face from God. I've just been thinking about how far they are from God, how He could save them if they let Him, and what God said about persecution and thinking of his wrath. Every time I think of, "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord." I start crying. I start praying to God, "Please forgive them Father. Don't be angry at them. Please show them mercy and love. Please help them find you. Please forgive them." I fear God's wrath for them. I know He will act justly, but I don't want them to be punished, I want them to be saved and loved, so I'm just crying and praying. It's 4am and I'm still crying because I just want nothing but the best for them.

Despite the physical pain, I maintained a smile. I wanted to cry because it definitely hurt, but I held back. It brought me genuine happiness to recognize the depth of my faith, so that helped me keep my smile. I didn't realize it was already that deep and all I want is more. I can attest that Holy Spirit was with me throughout, as I would have lost my composure otherwise. But I reminded myself that God told us we would be persecuted. People warned me that I would start losing people in my life. Just days ago, I had been content, thinking that I was handling things really well because no one has walked away from me. My ability to remain calm and smile likely prevented further harm, as responding with anger could have escalated the situation. I just started a devotional a few days ago about praying dangerously. Instead of praying carefully as I have been, "Thank you father for all you do, please bless and watch over this person, and that person. Help me find wisdom in your word." I started praying for God to test me, to make me stronger, to break my walls down. Well, I got what I prayed for.

This ordeal has only reaffirmed my faith and my willingness to stand firm in God. I now know without a doubt that I would endure anything for the sake of my faith in God. It has also answered the questions I've been pondering recently. Instead of pushing me away, this experience has only drawn me closer to God. It has shown me that with God, I possess a kind of strength I have never had. A strength that allows me to endure physical assault, ridicule, and mockery while still smiling and harboring no hatred in my heart. This strength is a testament to the transformative power of faith.

God is good, my friends, always.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟191,059.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sharing this from the "What's on your mind thread":

I'm sharing this not to seek sympathy, but to share the power of God within my life, in case anyone here has yet to experience this. I'd consider this a testimony of sorts. Perhaps some of you can relate. It was my first encounter with such a situation but I've never felt closer to God.

I was having a conversation about God with someone who holds significant importance in my life tonight. I had introduced them to God, brought them to my church once, and they are genuinely excited about becoming a believer. They shared their experiences and enthusiasm for learning more about God. They had downloaded religious apps, they were showing me their notebook full of notes they'd taken, and even showed me inspirational Biblical videos they had watched that inspired them. We were having an engaging discussion about how God was impacting our lives. Then in came a non-believer.

I explained the topic of our conversation and the positive effects God had on us. They began with probing questions, the kind meant to trip you up so they could smack you down. Initially, they remained civil, but their anger started escalating when I suggested they seek God themselves to experience what we were talking about. Their questions became more aggressive, and they grew increasingly agitated. They refused to let me provide answers, instead resorting to shouting over me instead of letting me answer. Whenever I attempted to respond, they would interrupt immediately by yelling, then claiming I had no answers. I told them I would answer them if they let me, and they'd respond with, "Well then !#$@ing answer the !@$# question!" So I'd try, and they'd start yelling again. I don't yell back, so when they start yelling I stop to let them yell till they're done, which then they reply with, "SEE?! You have nothing!"

This went on for at least an hour. I tried to convey my takeaway from my faith journey; that we need God in every aspect of our lives, not just when we can't handle things on our own. We think we can handle everything, and then when we can't, we turn to God, when really we should be turning to God for everything. They countered that this need for God was a sign of weakness on my part. I admitted to my weakness, stating that with God, I found strength. They argued that this very need for something external made me weak. They believed that true strength meant being self-sufficient, and if I was more like them, I'd have real strength and I wouldn't need to rely on some fairy-tale deity.

In an attempt to prove their point, they started slapping me across the face. They kept questioning my belief of the existence of God, asking why, if God loved me SO much, would he allow this to happen to me. According to them, an all-knowing and all-good God would not permit such suffering. They asserted that they were the one with real/actual power, because they were bigger and stronger, claiming that this was the reality of power and that my belief in God was crap.

In that moment, emotionally, I didn't feel an ounce of anger. Before finding God, that would have been the first thing I felt. I know I would have been livid. I would have started screaming at them or trying to hit them back. I would have thought, 'HOW DARE YOU! I'LL SHOW YOU!'. Instead, I felt fear and deep sadness. The fear stemmed from the realization that this person was physically superior to me, and even if I used my best self defense, they could have killed me with their bare hands easily. There's no doubt in my mind, that I would end up in the hospital or worse. The sadness came from knowing this person. They weren't a stranger to me. They're very important to me just as the first person mentioned is. It hurt because I recognized that, in that moment, they were so far from God's grace.

Despite the fear and sadness, I also felt a sense of pride. Not in myself but in my faith? I realized that I held such deep conviction in God that I was willing to endure physical harm for it. I refused to abandon my faith or turn my back on Him because I believe in Him so strongly, that agreeing simply to end the physical pain wouldn't be worth losing Him. They could have slapped me all night, beat me into the ground, and I would not cave. Not only was I willing to get beaten for it, I have been praying to God since then like Jesus called to him on the cross.

I'm not angry, not at all, but my heart aches for them. I fear the consequences they may face from God. I've just been thinking about how far they are from God, how He could save them if they let Him, and what God said about persecution and thinking of his wrath. Every time I think of, "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord." I start crying. I start praying to God, "Please forgive them Father. Don't be angry at them. Please show them mercy and love. Please help them find you. Please forgive them." I fear God's wrath for them. I know He will act justly, but I don't want them to be punished, I want them to be saved and loved, so I'm just crying and praying. It's 4am and I'm still crying because I just want nothing but the best for them.

Despite the physical pain, I maintained a smile. I wanted to cry because it definitely hurt, but I held back. It brought me genuine happiness to recognize the depth of my faith, so that helped me keep my smile. I didn't realize it was already that deep and all I want is more. I can attest that Holy Spirit was with me throughout, as I would have lost my composure otherwise. But I reminded myself that God told us we would be persecuted. People warned me that I would start losing people in my life. Just days ago, I had been content, thinking that I was handling things really well because no one has walked away from me. My ability to remain calm and smile likely prevented further harm, as responding with anger could have escalated the situation. I just started a devotional a few days ago about praying dangerously. Instead of praying carefully as I have been, "Thank you father for all you do, please bless and watch over this person, and that person. Help me find wisdom in your word." I started praying for God to test me, to make me stronger, to break my walls down. Well, I got what I prayed for.

This ordeal has only reaffirmed my faith and my willingness to stand firm in God. I now know without a doubt that I would endure anything for the sake of my faith in God. It has also answered the questions I've been pondering recently. Instead of pushing me away, this experience has only drawn me closer to God. It has shown me that with God, I possess a kind of strength I have never had. A strength that allows me to endure physical assault, ridicule, and mockery while still smiling and harboring no hatred in my heart. This strength is a testament to the transformative power of faith.

God is good, my friends, always.
It's always amazed me how filled with rage some become at the mention of faith in Christ or the existence of God. I've never been slapped or physically harmed for sharing my beliefs with others, but I have experienced that anger and immediate escalation. It's interesting to think about why a person reacts that way. If they claim that they don't believe in God, why does the mere mention of his name infuriate them? It's like a visceral reaction. I truly believe it's because the unconverted soul is at enmity with God. And the truth brings out that ugly side that most are able to conceal. I've witnessed this so much over the years. It's really interesting that we can have the illusion or belief that there are good people apart from God's grace. But as soon as the light or truth shines on them, it reveals something far different.

Which actually ties right into this discussion: the only true goodness is the goodness of God :)

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's always amazed me how filled with rage some become at the mention of faith in Christ or the existence of God. I've never been slapped or physically harmed for sharing my beliefs with others, but I have experienced that anger and immediate escalation. It's interesting to think about why a person reacts that way. If they claim that they don't believe in God, why does the mere mention of his name infuriate them? It's like a visceral reaction. I truly believe it's because the unconverted soul is at enmity with God. And the truth brings out that ugly side that most are able to conceal. I've witnessed this so much over the years. It's really interesting that we can have the illusion or belief that there are good people apart from God's grace. But as soon as the light or truth shines on them, it reveals something far different.

Which actually ties right into this discussion: the only true goodness is the goodness of God :)
I've been looking into how to better approach this, when a non-believer is essentially just screaming in ignorance. I agree with you though, many individuals seem to be grappling with internal spiritual conflicts, often leading them to direct their inner turmoil outwardly, including hostility towards those who speak on their faith.

I think it's crucial to reflect on the actions of Jesus himself, as he occasionally chose to walk away from certain individuals. This inspired me to delve deeper into understanding why Jesus walked away, the circumstances under which he did so, and the wisdom behind those decisions. Jesus had a purpose. He understood his purpose, and he walked away when a situation would deter him from God's will and that purpose. Sometimes, just walking away is good and I feel blessed to have been given this experience that has encouraged me to learn more about this.

I think my natural inclination may be to stand firm and defend my beliefs. But Jesus walking away, to me, indicates that there are moments when it may be important and good for us to consider a similar course of action. By discerning the reasons and occasions for his departures, I think I can gain valuable insights into when and why we, as Christians, should contemplate stepping away ourselves. I also can't imagine Jesus stood there going back and forth with people over the word of God. He absolutely could! He could answer all of their questions without hesitation. Matthew 22:20–21 ESV - And Jesus said to them,… | Biblia. But Jesus didn't usually just answer people who questioned him. He asked a lot of questions. I mean, for someone who had all the answers, Jesus sure asked a lot of questions! But he didn't ask questions because he didn't know the answers, I believe he asked questions in order to help people find the answers for themselves. I think Jesus understood something that I certainly didn't realize during this situation. People often need to find the answers for themselves. And I think we need to give them the opportunity to search for them within themselves. This approach may ultimately serve the greater good, not only for our own spiritual well-being but also for the spiritual journey of those with whom we engage.

So that's something that I'm grateful to have learned through this experience as well. Perhaps, instead of giving people our answers, we should be asking them more questions and recognizing that there are situations when we should walk away.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟191,059.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been looking into how to better approach this, when a non-believer is essentially just screaming in ignorance. I agree with you though, many individuals seem to be grappling with internal spiritual conflicts, often leading them to direct their inner turmoil outwardly, including hostility towards those who speak on their faith.

I think it's crucial to reflect on the actions of Jesus himself, as he occasionally chose to walk away from certain individuals. This inspired me to delve deeper into understanding why Jesus walked away, the circumstances under which he did so, and the wisdom behind those decisions. Jesus had a purpose. He understood his purpose, and he walked away when a situation would deter him from God's will and that purpose. Sometimes, just walking away is good and I feel blessed to have been given this experience that has encouraged me to learn more about this.

I think my natural inclination may be to stand firm and defend my beliefs. But Jesus walking away, to me, indicates that there are moments when it may be important and good for us to consider a similar course of action. By discerning the reasons and occasions for his departures, I think I can gain valuable insights into when and why we, as Christians, should contemplate stepping away ourselves. I also can't imagine Jesus stood there going back and forth with people over the word of God. He absolutely could! He could answer all of their questions without hesitation. Matthew 22:20–21 ESV - And Jesus said to them,… | Biblia. But Jesus didn't usually just answer people who questioned him. He asked a lot of questions. I mean, for someone who had all the answers, Jesus sure asked a lot of questions! But he didn't ask questions because he didn't know the answers, I believe he asked questions in order to help people find the answers for themselves. I think Jesus understood something that I certainly didn't realize during this situation. People often need to find the answers for themselves. And I think we need to give them the opportunity to search for them within themselves. This approach may ultimately serve the greater good, not only for our own spiritual well-being but also for the spiritual journey of those with whom we engage.

So that's something that I'm grateful to have learned through this experience as well. Perhaps, instead of giving people our answers, we should be asking them more questions and recognizing that there are situations when we should walk away.
I agree. That's very insightful. There are definitely times to walk away or to hold your peace. I will often say nothing to a person who is intent on railing on God. In that mindset they are not open nor seeking truth. It's essentially casting pearls before swine. They are almost baiting you to share so that they can tear it apart. By refraining to engage them, I think that's a rebuke in itself. Christ didn't beg for followers and I don't think we should either (on his behalf). Nothing is more impact full than Christ saying follow me as he walks on. I think sometimes we give others the illusion of holding all he cards when we plead with them to hear truth.

Mark 4: 12 is interesting. Christ chose to speak in parables so that some who didn't desire truth would not understand.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree. That's very insightful. There are definitely times to walk away or to hold your peace. I will often say nothing to a person who is intent on railing on God. In that mindset they are not open nor seeking truth. It's essentially casting pearls before swine. They are almost baiting you to share so that they can tear it apart. By refraining to engage them, I think that's a rebuke in itself. Christ didn't beg for followers and I don't think we should either (on his behalf). Nothing is more impact full than Christ saying follow me as he walks on. I think sometimes we give others the illusion of holding all he cards when we plead with them to hear truth.

Mark 4: 12 is interesting. Christ chose to speak in parables so that some who didn't desire truth would not understand.
Amen girl!

:unbelievable:

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟611.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
"David built there an altar to the LORD and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. Thus the LORD was moved by prayer for the land, and the plague was held back from Israel." 2 Samuel 2:45

"The Lord was moved by prayer for the land". The Lord’s wrath wasn’t appeased by virtue or merit of the offerings themselves. As exemplified here, The Lord was moved by His compassion. The offerings were real representations or symbols of repentance & supplication; and the reason it was stopped was because of His love, which made justice give way to mercy.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟191,059.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians recently with my family. I really liked the ending of chapter 1 in 2 Thessalonians. I think it fits well in this discussion.

Screenshot_20230923_125358_Bible.jpg

I really like that he emphasizes that they would be found worthy of the calling to be a disciple of Christ. That it is such an honor and privilege to be called to follow him. Fulfilling all good pleasure of his goodness shows how much God desires to richly bless his children and it gives him pleasure to see his followers live up to their calling. I really love the expression the good pleasure of his goodness. And, that our life of service to him glorifies him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟611.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've been studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians recently with my family. I really liked the ending of chapter 1 in 2 Thessalonians. I think it fits well in this discussion.

View attachment 336639
I really like that he emphasizes that they would be found worthy of the calling to be a disciple of Christ. That it is such an honor and privilege to be called to follow him. Fulfilling all good pleasure of his goodness shows how much God desires to richly bless his children and it gives him pleasure to see his followers live up to their calling. I really love the expression the good pleasure of his goodness. And, that our life of service to him glorifies him.
I like what you said about being found worthy of the calling to be a disciple of Christ. We come to Him in a state of unworthiness and even though He makes us worthy by His grace and His blood; because it is in His grace that we live and are now made worthy, we still need to live up to the calling bestowed upon us. If we had earned it through works there would be no need to be found worthy of the calling because we would have already been found worthy of the calling. This is hit home by the use of "the work of faith with power"(v11). This is why Yahweh is different. Every other religion tries to attain worthiness through acts and deeds, however because of the outworking of His grace and because we are saved through faith in The Son of God we walk to try and live up to our calling to our uttermost every single day. The Lord in His immense grace and love has bestowed upon us salvation, a salvation that transforms our hearts and makes us desire to walk in His calling through faith. Not so that we may attain His love, but because He has given it to us.

"He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)
"for we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7)

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟611.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I love man. I love how God has made us, how our bodies work and how we are unified as one with body, soul and spirit. I love how God loves man so much He incarnated as one & died to save us from our sin and how The Lord loves all of us as a father loves his little children. I love it when man reflects and shows God’s love to each other, when man helps man in God’s loving Spirit and how God allows man to feel emotions and love each other as He loves us. Or rather in a way in which He loves us. As God loves us so much we can’t even imagine it and everything we feel is but a fraction of what God feels. A speck of dust compared to an infinite desert.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love the idea if this discussion and thread. It's hard for me to read through all the comments but I think of today and now, despite my lack of quiet times and time of the word these last few years God has been so good to me that I could have not imagined 20 years ago where I am in the workplace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love the idea if this discussion and thread. It's hard for me to read through all the comments but I think of today and now, despite my lack of quiet times and time of the word these last few years God has been so good to me that I could have not imagined 20 years ago where I am in the workplace.

Many other things that I have I thought would have to come through marriage but God found other ways. Back in 2006 I never thought I could afford a refrigerator but my dad found one for $50. So many times in college I wasn't sure I'd make it but i did. Enough to make my highschool math teacher stutter because he thought I'd never make it in the academic world. And even in Japan I remember a
Japanese teacher laughing under his breath because he thought it impossible for me to live in Japan longer without being fluent in Japanese. Or God coming through at the last minute on a job in Japan, I had a round trip ticket, an interview in Chicago and 2 days before my flight God came through. Someone quit and a position became open.

Or when my car died in college, a letter came in the mail for being a university tour gude for the summer paying for room and board. I got accepted and another gal on my dorm floor was bawling her eyes out that she didn't. she was going to take summer classes. I was 1 of 7 if 120 applications. That led to my love for Asia and getting accepted to the J.E.T. program 3 years later. Also my stepdad rebuilt the engine in my car 2 and a half years later. I biked everywhere during that time and shared rides with other national guard to get to my station an hour north of me. A small whisper told me I was getting my car back 3 months before I did.

I could go on about the supernatural provisions and protection from injury. God is Soo good.
Do you know if God worked her situation out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord has been with me, cutting my stomach pains and nausea mercifully short tonight, it seems. The doctor I saw at the emergency room just now doesn't know for sure if I am out of the woods completely just yet, but gave me some anti-nausea meds to get me through the next 24 hours he says I may still have to wade through before this bug is out of me completely.:amen:

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Lord has been with me, cutting my stomach pains and nausea mercifully short tonight, it seems. The doctor I saw at the emergency room just now doesn't know for sure if I am out of the woods completely just yet, but gave me some anti-nausea meds to get me through the next 24 hours he says I may still have to wade through before this bug is out of me completely.:amen:
Sounds awful!!! Will be praying for your recovery :crosseo:

Upvote 0

Mandolin Wood

Jan 2, 2024
Kansas City
✟4,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God has recently allowed me to experience somebody I connect with on a soul level and I've been able to talk with them for hours about Him. I'm so tremendously grateful for the ability to be edified by their views and who they are. We have different perspectives on a lot of things but to be honest I've never had a bad conversation with them and I always walk away genuinely a better person for it. I didn't know such a deep fellowship like this was possible and I'm so grateful I've been able to experience it at least once in my life.
I think that's great that such a connection is fulfilling on the soul level. It is truly hard to find that type of interaction that edifies and encourages one another. Something that is not rushed where silence can be the time to reflect and ponder about the meaning of things. It's a treasure to cherish.

Upvote 0

Mandolin Wood

Jan 2, 2024
Kansas City
✟4,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think that's great that such a connection is fulfilling on the soul level. It is truly hard to find that type of interaction that edifies and encourages one another. Something that is not rushed where silence can be the time to reflect and ponder about the meaning of things. It's a treasure to cherish.
Thanks tranquil

Upvote 0