Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
January 3, 2024 (Steven O’Reilly) – The erroneous belief that Benedict XVI remained pope until his death, or Benepapism, continues to be a relevant topic. This is especially the case, now, that the Francis pontificate appears to be winding down. Of course, only God knows when it might end.

However, various arch-Benepapists have taken a position they will not accept a future conclave which does not meet their conditions (e.g., no Francis appointed cardinals can participate). Needless to say, for the arch-Benepapists, and those poor souls who have been misled by them and their specious arguments, it is very likely they will transition from being “Benepapists” to being something like ‘neo-sedevacantists.’

Thus, one of the missions of this wee, humble blog, Roma Locuta Est, has been to head off this catastrophe by publishing articles (see The Case against those who claim “Benedict is (still) pope”), a book (Valid? The Resignation of Pope Benedict XVI), and producing a, now, 14 part video series (see HERE) against the erroneous arguments of the Benepapists.

This brings us to the latest endeavor of Roma Locuta Estin this regard. Last year I published a rebuttal of Dr. Edmund Mazza’s book in an article titled A Rebuttal of Dr. Mazza’s book on Pope Benedict’s Resignation. Over the last few months, I’ve considered that there might be some other odds and ends in Dr. Mazza’s arguments, here and there, which I might want to address at some point.

Continued below.