Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The media is sure godless, but any animosity they have against Kanye West doesn't mean his new album is Christian. "Jesus" doesn't necessarily mean the Jesus of the Bible; and Mr. West is still not serving and honoring the Jesus of the Bible as King by making music influenced by the sensual styles of the world. He could be referring to another jesus then. "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." (2 Corinthians 11:3-4)

I pray for Kanye, but this man has made so many blasphemous statements in his music (easily found by a google search), uttered so many curse words, and so greatly served the god of mammon that until he renounces these things specifically (especially his blasphemous statements and the profits from the albums containing them), renounces the other evils that he is publicly known to have done, and gets out of the spotlight and stops making music for the world (which this album is for despite the title), I can't be so naïve to believe that he is actually a repentant man serving the Jesus of the Bible. Mammon is his king and his jesus is an imaginary invention attempting to reconcile his quest for mammon with God- it won't work for him on judgment day and we shouldn't buy it now- or we're ripe for the same deception.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟126,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The cringe when someone shares NY Post, especially when it touches religious topics. :confounded:

Yeah, you've got a point. It was one of the only media outlets to endorse Donald Trump's presidency. My bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read a lot of media but I have never encountered a Godless media. Where can I locate it?

Just up the wide road and to the left in the Godless World....very easy to find. :)

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why everyone assumes that being a born-again makes you automatically perfect? I have being a Christian for 20 years yet I still have my weaknesses. If you want to criticize someone's style that is fine but don't try to assume the man is possible not saved.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi nick,

Really? You've got a youtube video of some guy sitting in his den doing a bit, and to you that person represents the American media. Really?

Ok.

While I can certainly see that the media, for the most part is neither godly nor godless, but strictly doing their best to report news, I think it even more of a shame when believers play the same generalization game by posting such tripe as your post.

Why can't the title of your thread just be that some nobody on youtube thinks Kanye West's 'Jesus is King' album is a bit hypocritical? Because that's actually what your post is proving.

Oh yea, and that's good that you wrote 'furious' in all caps. Maybe I should take your post and put it up on Youtube with the title 'SUPPOSED CHRISTIAN' thinks the media is all furious bout Kanye West's 'Jesus is King' album because he saw a guy on youtube say so. Now we know why christians are so ________, they think mainstream news sources are youtube posters.

God bless,
In Chris, ted

Upvote 0