Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Jill McCorriston, an archaeologist and associate professor in Ohio State’s Department of Anthropology: "Mesopotamians lived in households and had the first nuclear families". Jill is an expert on the beginning of Agriculture as mankind was evolving from a food gather to a food producer.

"In 2006, she began writing “Pilgrimage and Household in the Ancient Near East,” a comparison between the early cultures of Southern Arabia, Yemen and Oman, and Mesopotamia, the area now known as Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran. Southern Arabians focused more on gathering as a larger group. Mesopotamians lived in households and had the first nuclear families, she said."

In the Bible we read: "Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man H376 leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Man has been around for 200,000 years. Yet only in the last 6,000 years do we hear about the nuclear family where we have a husband and a wife.

http://thelantern.com/2010/04/anthr...s-life-career-has-taken-her-around-the-world/

Dubai United Arab Emirates is a very safe place for Americans. Archaeologist can go there to do their studies without having to worry about getting caught in the middle of a war as they would in Iraq, Syria or Iran. All the information from what is now a war zone is old, antiquated and outdated in comparison.

Jill McCorriston began her work with the Roots of Agriculture in Southern Arabia in 1996, a project that would last 12 years. The project was one of the first times western archaeologists had worked in Yemen. This makes her an expert on the beginning of Agriculture as mankind was evolving from a food gather to a food producer. Of course Jill is one of many people that are working on the study of the beginning of Agriculture and all that goes along with that.

Now I know that people are going to say: The Bible does not say what it says. That is fine. I am only looking for when marriage and the nuclear family began. According to Jill the nuclear family began in Ancient Mesopotamia in the Tigris Euphrates River Valley around 6 to 8 thousand years ago. Anyone want to dispute that as scientific fact?

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Now I know that people are going to say: The Bible does not say what it says. That is fine. I am only looking for when marriage and the nuclear family began. According to Jill the nuclear family began in Ancient Mesopotamia in the Tigris Euphrates River Valley around 6 to 8 thousand years ago. Anyone want to dispute that as scientific fact?
Why would they? What has that to do with the Bible saying what it says?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would they? What has that to do with the Bible saying what it says?
We are not talking about the Bible, we are talking about what Science says are the Roots of Agriculture. We are talking about the evolution of domesticated plants and animals.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We are not talking about the Bible, we are talking about what Science says are the Roots of Agriculture. We are talking about the evolution of domesticated plants and animals.
You are the one who said, "Now I know that people are going to say: The Bible does not say what it says. That is fine." What was the point of saying that?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the point of saying that?
There are atheists and christians that will deny the fact if it conflicts with their preconceived ideas. We have to go where the evidence takes us even if that causes us to question what we believe.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think this fact supports or undermines the creation/evolution debate. At best it just confirms what we already knew about early civilizations, and at most someone will point that the nuclear family existed in other cultures, too.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eve was formed from Adams rib...NOT evolution.
You can believe whatever you want to believe, it is fine with me. Only men do not have any Y chromosomes. So there is a lot that we still do not understand about this story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are the one who said, "Now I know that people are going to say: The Bible does not say what it says. That is fine." What was the point of saying that?
I have shown many, many times that Science confirms that the Bible is 100% accurate and true. Still people just can not see it or understand what I am showing them. There really is nothing I can do about that. The Bible teaches that they need their eyes and ears opened.

Mark 81:8 Do you still not see or understand? Do you have such hard hearts? ‘Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear?’ And do you not remember? Jeremiah 5:21 Now hear this, O foolish and senseless people, Who have eyes but do not see; Who have ears but do not hear.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can believe whatever you want to believe, it is fine with me. Only men do not have any Y chromosomes. So there is a lot that we still do not understand about this story.

There's a lot we do know about the account....we do know the account doesn't even come close to God using evolutionism.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have shown many, many times that Science confirms that the Bible is 100% accurate and true. Still people just can not see it or understand what I am showing them. There really is nothing I can do about that. The Bible teaches that they need their eyes and ears opened.

Mark 81:8 Do you still not see or understand? Do you have such hard hearts? ‘Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear?’ And do you not remember? Jeremiah 5:21 Now hear this, O foolish and senseless people, Who have eyes but do not see; Who have ears but do not hear.

Nope.

I understand you need to keep telling youself that though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you know that the nuclear family existed in other cultures?
It's a generally understood fact. What I don't understand is how the existence of the nuclear family validates the Bible.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a generally understood fact. What I don't understand is how the existence of the nuclear family validates the Bible.
Adam and Eve was the first "nuclear family". This was a part of the evolution process that took place when man went from a food gather to a food producer. As a food gather man depended on the tribe to survive. If you could not keep up with the tribe then you could not survive. Adam and Eve as a food producer could sustain themselves apart from the tribe. Perhaps you should read the artical so you can see what we are talking about.
http://thelantern.com/2010/04/anthr...s-life-career-has-taken-her-around-the-world/

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would I want to? What is he going to tell us?
Right now they are working on the genetic predisposition to disease. So he can tell you what your chances are of getting a genetic sickness and what steps you can take to avoid getting sick.

My statement refers to Collins as a well respected Theistic Evolutionist. Just what are you basing your lack of belief in if you have not studied Evolution to know what it is you do not believe in?

Upvote 0