Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by rookie
Thanks Souljah. That makes sense! My head's not hurting too bad!

And on a side note, I really enjoy reading your posts!

rookie

Thanks for the encouragement! :D Sometimes I wonder if anyone gets what I am saying, and I'm glad someone does!

Take care.

Upvote 0
Rookie-

It's important to realize that Revelation is not written chronologically. The chapters, in fact, are usually completely separated from each other in theme, though not always. I am hardly one to interpret such a powerful book of Scripture as a whole for you. The only doctrine I'm aware of which attempts to do this is called dispensationalism, and it is based greatly on unfoundable premises and assumptions (ie. the true "church" and true "Israel" are separate...making quoting Jerimiah 29:11 to help you in times of need a fallicy :cry: ). The doctrine also only first appeared 180 years ago, and complete goes against the general belief of Christians regarding Revelation back to the 1st century.

Revelation is a book about hope and God's power. It was written to a very select group of people (the seven churches), at a very special time, to aid them in a coming struggle (which did occur). Now, we have it as a prophecy of the coming Kingdom of God (not to be confused with last days prophecy, and the rapture, for there is no mention of these things in the book.)

Revelation is an outline of the constant struggle of the faithful against evil, and it culminates in the victory and strength of God. Yet, Scripture is not a jigsaw puzzle. It is our daily bread, and a lamp unto our feet. So, when you read Revelation, it may help if you are not so concerned with "figuring it out," and rather enjoy the visual strength and omnipotence of God, relax in His magnificient hands which are holding you right now, and thank Him for the glory He has displayed in history, and will continue to do so throughout eternity.

Peace to all who seek it, :holy:
<><

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

papakapp

a waterdrop going over niagra falls
Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
✟9,116.00
Faith
Christian
that link to that other thread seems kind of misleading... Maybe I misread it.

Anyway, here are some other verses that may help

Talking about him being cast out of heaven:
Luke 10:18

Masquerades as an angel of light:
2Corinthians 11:14

The reason for the fall:
Genesis 3:1
Genesis 3:6
Genesis 3:14
Genesis 3:24

Still the same bad guy that was described in Genesis:
Revelation 12:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums