Farmington
✟32,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
She's typical of Trump supporters who attend his rallies.

I voted for Trump but now all I've seen since 2020 is Trump idolatry and it's sickening. Sadly, many professing Christians are guilty of this and I will stand apart from such madness, and proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and the only real solution for any nations ills.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,452.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I voted for Trump but now all I've seen since 2020 is Trump idolatry and it's sickening.
I have heard this many times in the press, and their next comment is often times 'but I would vote for him again'.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟32,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I have heard this many times in the press, and their next comment is often times 'but I would vote for him again'.

Nope. He might support some of the things I do, but there's just too much stuff that's off. Either no vote, or third party.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,452.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Church of Trump? I don't know....

It is kind of an insult to real churches. He does have a following, but it is more cult-like in nature without the religion. Some of Donald's followers have made comparisons to Jesus, but we all know they are ridiculous.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just making a factual statement. Trump sold the use of his name with the intent of selling bibles.

I don't know a lot about this case, but it seems the government were in talks with social media owners about the spread of mis-information about Covid which leads to unnecessary deaths. I have not seen any evidence explicitly implicating Joe Biden himself, or any evidence showing the government coerced or forced these social media owners in any way.

If you think there are Open Borders, then leave your id at home, driver over the southern border turn around and drive back into USA you should have no problems getting back in.
No, you have to come in somewhere along the border that is not an official port of entry. Just cross the river and come on in. No credentials needed.
Or you could take one of Biden’s flights

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, you have to come in somewhere along the border that is not an official port of entry. Just cross the river and come on in. No credentials needed.
Oh, so you are suggesting to sneak in illegally at a place outside of a port of entry. That doesn't sound like Open Borders. I'd expect with Open Borders you could just waltz in along the road without being stopped or checked or asked for any papers.
Couldn't people also do that under Trump's administration?
Or you could take one of Biden’s flights

Biden is an airline pilot now, not just a bus driver, he is such a talented guy, wow!
But he only takes violent criminals as passangers or does he take anyone with brown skin?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
This is wild to me. Jesus was arrested, convicted of high treason without trial, beaten, striped naked, had nails driven though his hands and feet and was then lifted on a cross to die an agonizing death by suffocation. Donald Trump was arrested, released on bail, still is waiting to stand a jury trial and at most faces incarceration for a few years. The two are nowhere near comparable.
Right. I'm sure you would love being accused of wrong doing when you haven't done anything wrong. And I am following these cases, so don't accuse me of just supporting Trump w/o reason. These cases are ridiculous. The one about him not accepting the election results is probably the most ridiculous... as if he doesn't have a right to question Big Government or Big Tech or whomever else the left thinks is beyond questioning. Also, the one about fraud is just so stupid. There is no victim, no damages. Everyone made money and the banks wanted to do even more business w/ Trump. He is a genius at business -- and also at being president.

I have studied law some and I always thought that you had NO case if there were no tangible DAMAGES. Maybe that is true...?

If you are not Trump?

Trump cares about Americans being the victim of fentanyl or however it's spelled and STRANGERS who rob, rape and kill Americans

• Haha
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, Daniel 4:17 "the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men."
Same for Biden.

Blasphemy! Who is this woman to even compare the two?
Well, I would never say it is worse than what happened to Jesus! That's over the top, but hey... the politicians on the left are over the top all the time -- and leftists yawn and shrug and move on to more Trump hating stories

So yeh...

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The one about him not accepting the election results is probably the most ridiculous... as if he doesn't have a right to question Big Government or Big Tech or whomever else the left thinks is beyond questioning.
WOW, I didn't realise that he was going to court for not accepting the election results.
That's a strange crime. Surely this can't be illegal. Gees, I hope he has good lawyers, seems like an easy case for the judge to decide, well, no crime here. It's amazing that this is even making it as far as a trial.

Also, the one about fraud is just so stupid. There is no victim, no damages. Everyone made money and the banks wanted to do even more business w/ Trump. He is a genius at business -- and also at being president.
It seems that you should be allowed to lie on your loan application and lie on your tax forms. No crime to be seen here.
Trump cares about Americans being the victim of fentanyl or however it's spelled and STRANGERS who rob, rape and kill Americans
Sounds like a swell guy.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,261.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Right. I'm sure you would love being accused of wrong doing when you haven't done anything wrong.
Even assuming that's true, there is no comparison to what happened to Jesus. Trump is being afforded due process rights that would have been unthinkable to the ancient Romans.
And I am following these cases, so don't accuse me of just supporting Trump w/o reason. These cases are ridiculous. The one about him not accepting the election results is probably the most ridiculous... as if he doesn't have a right to question Big Government or Big Tech or whomever else the left thinks is beyond questioning.
He has the right to question. What he doesn't have the right to do is resort to extralegal means to try and get the result he wants.
Also, the one about fraud is just so stupid. There is no victim, no damages.
The statute doesn't require either of those things. It only requires the fraudulent action. Who knows, maybe the Appellate Division and Court of Appeals will agree with you, but this is an unresolved question and the text of the act supports James' action.
Everyone made money and the banks wanted to do even more business w/ Trump. He is a genius at business -- and also at being president.
Ok. Doesn't change the fraudulent nature of his act.
I have studied law some and I always thought that you had NO case if there were no tangible DAMAGES.
I'm not familiar with New York Law, but assuming NYS follows something similar to the Lujan standard, that is not always true. The standards are different for government actors as opposed to private litigants.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so you are suggesting to sneak in illegally at a place outside of a port of entry. That doesn't sound like Open Borders. I'd expect with Open Borders you could just waltz in along the road without being stopped or checked or asked for any papers.

Biden is an airline pilot now, not just a bus driver, he is such a talented guy, wow!
But he only takes violent criminals as passangers or does he take anyone with brown skin?
You can come to a port of entry and just say you are seeking asylum. Or when you get caught sneaking in just say you are seeking asylum

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Since you don’t seem to know about these flights

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You can come to a port of entry and just say you are seeking asylum. Or when you get caught sneaking in just say you are seeking asylum
I'm aware of the process. Its not "just" there is much more to it. But the system is overwhelmed and the Republicans under Trump's order voted against more resources and voted against Biden having the power to limit and shut down the asylum seekers coming in.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Since you don’t seem to know about these flights
OK. I've read this article that you provided. It doesn't at all say what you are implying. Biden isn't flying any planes. He isn't a pilot. His administration aren't flying planes in either. In fact there is nothing special about planes.

Here is a quote from that article
"The program does not itself facilitate flights, and migrants are responsible for their own travel."

Another relevant quote
"The policy was first announced for Venezuelans in October 2022, which allowed a limited number to fly or travel directly into the U.S. as long as they had not entered illegally, had a sponsor in the U.S. already, and passed certain biometric and biographical vetting."

So basically it is just saying that asylum seekers from these countries coming in legally at ports of entry and with certain prerequisites will qualify for the parole provision which is already in place. This is very different from what you were implying. Neither Biden nor his administration are flying anyone in. These people are not illegals, and are only qualified for parole if they have followed the legal process.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟463,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just making a factual statement. Trump sold the use of his name with the intent of selling bibles.

I don't know a lot about this case, but it seems the government were in talks with social media owners about the spread of mis-information about Covid which leads to unnecessary deaths. I have not seen any evidence explicitly implicating Joe Biden himself, or any evidence showing the government coerced or forced these social media owners in any way.

If you think there are Open Borders, then leave your id at home, driver over the southern border turn around and drive back into USA you should have no problems getting back in.
Promoting, not selling. There is a difference. John Legend "promoted" the jab during the pandemic. Same thing. That's what well known people are asked to do. He didn't sell it either.

The Bible is a better investment any day, full stop, but that said, no one seems to be able to determine if Trump or Greenwood are benefiting from their promotion. And clearly no one has to buy one; one could use the internet if you don't have a copy, and most people have several and would be happy to give one. So it's just an offer. The large print statement below is what I want to know. No one is saying. What is the answer?

Donald Trump on Tuesday started promoting a line of pricey Bibles in a partnership with country music star Lee Greenwood

“All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many,” Trump said in a video on Truth Social announcing the business deal.

“It’s my favorite book. It’s a lot of people’s favorite book,” he added.

“Religion and Christianity are the biggest things missing from this country, and I truly believe that we need to bring them back,” he said. “It’s one of the biggest problems we have, that’s why our country’s going haywire, we’ve lost religion in our country.”

The ubiquitous Christian holy text is the world’s best-selling book, and churches are often more than happy to hand them out for free. The Bible is also free to read on a wide range of websites and apps, not to mention hotel rooms and other places.

It was not immediately clear how much money Trump and Greenwood stood to make off the promotion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,009,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is wild to me. Jesus was arrested, convicted of high treason without trial, beaten, striped naked, had nails driven though his hands and feet and was then lifted on a cross to die an agonizing death by suffocation. Donald Trump was arrested, released on bail, still is waiting to stand a jury trial and at most faces incarceration for a few years. The two are nowhere near comparable.

Apart from the fact that, unlike the Person we Christians believe to be the Son of God and our ultimate Savior, I would venture that Donald Trump's character and actions have earned himself just a bit of the prosecution backlash upon himself.

Jesus, however, not only did nothing wrong, but suffered a far more painful fate than just the prospect of some jail time.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,009,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
have a high school friend on my social media. She's under 40 but is a trumpster. She posted a meme comparing trump to Jesus being crucified, for Easter. This way of thinking is just wild to me and seems blasphemous.

That's because it is blasphemous. I just don't understand this hold that Trump seems to have over some people.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The New York Times and ABC News both reported Trump was receiving royalties from purchases of the Bibles. The Times cited as its source "a person familiar with the details of the business arrangement."
I guess we shouldn't be surprised. His huge and delicate ego is well-known, and his cognitive confusion might have made it seem right to him.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess we shouldn't be surprised. His huge and delicate ego is well-known, and his cognitive confusion might have made it seem right to him.
I very much doubt D Trump cares about what is the "right" thing to do.
For him it is about trying to make a profit for himself.
Why on Earth would he let people use his brand in order to sell something, if he wasn't making profit from it?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a high school friend on my social media. She's under 40 but is a trumpster. She posted a meme comparing trump to Jesus being crucified, for Easter. This way of thinking is just wild to me and seems blasphemous. Not just that it's trump being compared to Christ and that she and others seem to wholeheartedly believe this (and defend it); but that any human is being compared to Christ or held up as a Christ figure. It reminds me of Shift and Puzzle in the Narnia series.

Trump is the new Golden Calf.

However, nobody should be particularly surprised US Evangelicals fell for an odious grifter preaching divisiveness and racism. As Kristin du Mez points out in her book Jesus and John Wayne, there is a long history of American Evangelicals celebrating this kind of toxic masculine persona.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.