Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While vocations to the priesthood and religious life have decreased overall, the Church shows signs of growth in some parts of the world — most notably Africa and Asia.

The number of Catholics worldwide increased by 14 million in 2022, according to the Vatican’s 2022 Statistical Yearbook of the Church released earlier this month and highlighted in a report by the Vatican newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.

The figures from 2021 to 2022 — the most recent years where numbers are available — marked a decrease in the number of priests and seminarians.

While vocations to the priesthood and religious life have decreased overall, the Church shows signs of growth in some parts of the world — most notably Africa and Asia.

More Catholics

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: DJWhalen

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟131,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The number of Catholics worldwide increased by 14 million in 2022, according to the Vatican’s 2022 Statistical Yearbook of the Church released earlier this month and highlighted in a report by the Vatican newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.

The figures from 2021 to 2022 — the most recent years where numbers are available — marked a decrease in the number of priests and seminarians.

More Catholics

Continued below.

A comment to that essay from "fidelis":

This sounds consistent, to me, to this prophesy:

Rev 11:1 Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,
Rev 11:2 but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.

The altar draws few; the courts, many. The courts demand little: "be friendly", "be nice", "God loves you just as you are and don't forget the Parish Picnic and have a nice day!" The altar, the Cross that it is, is a narrow gate, a hard path, close close close to The Sacred Heart of Jesus, drawing the Beloved Disciples as the glorious luminous Truth. It draws few.
It is painful to see the trampling over His Courts! But the Cross must be painful. Salvation is free, but it costs everything.

Upvote 0