Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It depends on what you define as magic. Some of the characters have natural abilities that you might call magic. The Draco can shape shift from human form to dragon form. But this RPG does not have 'Magick'--spells and incantations and stuff. If it does, that would be practiced by the evil characters.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,238,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I might as well put my character in the character database...Go ahead an put yours there too and put a link to it here in this OOC. Kett's bio

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I make a heavy distinction between magic (as fantasy magic) and magick (as witchcraft, demonic "magic"), having studied both of them to a certain extent. I won't delve into the details, but I will say there is a huge difference.

But, if there are to be no magicians, that's the point I needed to know. I'll join, but I need a little time to think up a character.

...Say... How do you feel about artifacts, weapons of a "magical" nature?

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,238,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
A magician is fine. Tolkienic kind of magic is OK. Artifacts and weapons, since they have natural properties, I won't have any problems with them. This is fantasy after all. I am not sure how artifacts will play into the storyline of this particular RPG. I won't ban them.

The focus of this RPG is supposed to be God's Truth and the power it has to change lives and culture. The evil ruling class wants to keep it out of the hands of the common folk. Once knowledge of God slips out, then the evil Draco king would lose his thumb hold on the populace.

The important thing to remember is that God's power ultimately trumps all other powers in this RPG. The evil rulers fear it and don't want people to know about God. That is why they want to destroy Kett's book.

Foxifera have heightened senses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,238,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Grimcleaver is a definite yay. Mercy needs a little touch up. The dances are too much like spells if you leave out God which is what I want to stay away from. You could modify them to include references to God. I want everything beneficial in this RPG to point to God. ;)

Upvote 0
Hmm... okay, I'll give it some thought. I don't know; I usually use Mercy to temper Grimcleaver's barbarian destructiveness, but I'll have to think about how to modify the dances, then. I might just make her a plain healer, in the same way that paladins can heal. Let me think about it.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm working on my characters...I wanted to let you know that I'm going to use a bit of your Foxifera religion and such, Kangaroo, because I'm making a Foxifera character as well.

I should have my character bios up sometime before I go to bed tonight!

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,238,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Waapala is a wonderful character. She is how I want the general populace to be. The Draco would have no problems with her. Most people on Keth are oblivious to the real Creator, those knowing him having been imprisoned or killed off by the Draco. The only population group that worship Him as a group are the Dendari--they are scribes and musicians. The Draco are not fully aware of their religious practices. Scattered around are converts from each population group.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kangaroo Hopscotch

~Exalted Strong-willed Warrior~
Apr 20, 2009
The State of Misery!
✟15,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm working on my characters...I wanted to let you know that I'm going to use a bit of your Foxifera religion and such, Kangaroo, because I'm making a Foxifera character as well.

I should have my character bios up sometime before I go to bed tonight!

And thus the pagan religion grows. :p

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know I haven't posted here in like two weeks now, but I promise I haven't forgotten about this thread! :(

I actually have been trying to work on my two characters. You know it's been awhile since you wrote or RPGed when it actually takes you like two weeks to write a character. *rolls eyes* Or maybe I've just been busier than I thought. Oiy...

I work quite a bit today and tomorrow, so I don't know how soon I'll have my characters up, but I'll do my best to get them up by Sunday at the latest. We'll see. I have one character done and the other is about halfway done.

*Goes off to try and write again*

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,238,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Checking in to see how this thread is doing. Did you know that your character profile is editable? So if you leave something off you can edit it in.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okie dokie...I've finally finished my characters!!

:clap:

I'm so very happy, but a little disappointed with how long they took me to make. I really need to get back into the practice of creating characters.

Tadashi Kaede

and

Anwen Skyblade

!!!!!

They are both posted in the RPG Characters Forum if the two links don't work for whatever reason. Tomorrow is my day off, so I will do my best to get onto the thread and make my opening posts. For now, though, I'm off to bed!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and let me know if my characters are alright to use in this RPG. I like the idea of redemption in this story, and it's been awhile since I've written a character who wasn't already christian in some way.

Another question though...I realized after all my writing that the character Kett had gone into a monastery where it looked like she was going to meet up with at least some of the other characters. Would you prefer to have our characters come into the monastery, or at least be in this particular town at the beginning of the RPG? I could change at one (maybe both) of my characters to be in the monastery if it would be preferable.

Thanks for your patience everyone!! ^_^ I'm excited to get started on this!!

Upvote 0