Discussion Tell us what is the greatest blessing you have experienced at your church?

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟289,128.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The greatest blessing at my church. The willingness to reflect God's love. I started there because I knew that the worship was good. A married couple in the church did worship conferences and were very anointed. What I found is that we not only know how to worship, often with one person leading with a guitar and singing, but we love people who are not poster children for the perfect Christian life. We have people in our church who are amazing, but very much in wilderness periods of life and struggling hard, me among them, (only I don't see that I'm so amazing, but they keep telling me I am).

The heart of my church is fostering an environment to go deeper in God. We apply that by intentionally making room for connection with one another, and times of music and prayer, and sessions of just praise and worship, and sometimes preaching and teaching. We don't really focus a lot on preaching and teaching, because that happens naturally in the 2 or 3, or 5 or 6 gathered times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟289,128.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of the other benefits of less pulpit time is that it pushes us all into the bible more as we share our own observations with each other. What happens a lot is that our pastor, who doesn't really like to carry the title, shares what would be a sermon with us in the smaller gatherings. He doesn't get the chance to preach, and he likes to preach, but he still shares what he would have preached, and more.

We're not your normal church, and, me, I like that about us.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟289,128.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...and another thing I like. Because we're not normal, the other churches see us as either cultish or not a threat and we have a lot of intertwining of people who actually belong to other churches. One Sunday there was a plumbing problem with a church across the street and some of them came through our church to use the restroom. We got to pray with them and send them back, including the guest speaker they had that day. That is a blessing.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The biggest blessing to me is the amazing impact my church has had on me throughout my life. When I say church I don't mean one specific building, but my denomination as a whole, as I've attended many churches both inside and outside of my denomination.

Some of the things that stand out to me.
  • Scriptural teachings and understanding of prophecy.
  • A vast library of Biblical writings and teachings going back to the early 1800's.
  • Our health message (NEWSTART; Nutrition, Exercise, Water, Sunlight, Temperance, Air, Rest, Trust) and our focus on vegetarianism.
  • Fellowship and family.
It would take a book to write all of the various ways I've been blessed by my church, so I have to say the church itself is the biggest blessing (not to negate the obvious).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just last Sunday - we had a couple injured in a car accident and made it to church after a couple weeks out -

There was a spontaneous welcome and most went over and greeted them - it was wonderful

Upvote 0