Tell Me A Little Bit About The Charismatic Catholics

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The CCR asks for the Holy Spirit repeatedly in maturity, the fire of God, the gifts of the Spirit, the oil of the Spirit, Jesus blood, and their effects of freedom, knowledge, reverence, fruit of the Spirit, holiness and healings.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes, the CCR is endorsed from the Vatican, PJP2 was in it, Pope Francis is also. It started in the sixties, and is the biggest group in the RCC. Many covenant groups rely on approval from the Vatican to exist. Many priests and nuns head the CCR. From the start the Vatican endorsed the CCR in documents you can find in this forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have been to a Charismatic Catholic Conference at the Franciscan University of Steubenville Ohio

I do not think I am an expert on this, but I have seen a bit in real life and in reading

they are faithful Catholics who have a Charismatic style in worship and theological focus

so more of a focus on the Holy Spirit
focus on the gifts of the Spirit
a more energetic and contemporary style of music and architecture

but they are still Catholics, many of them practice Eucharistic Adoration
I am not sure if you are familiar with this practice?
it is silent prayer in front of the Blessed Host (the Eucharist)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have been to a Charismatic Catholic Conference at the Franciscan University of Steubenville Ohio

I do not think I am an expert on this, but I have seen a bit in real life and in reading

they are faithful Catholics who have a Charismatic style in worship and theological focus

so more of a focus on the Holy Spirit
focus on the gifts of the Spirit
a more energetic and contemporary style of music and architecture

but they are still Catholics, many of them practice Eucharistic Adoration
I am not sure if you are familiar with this practice?
it is silent prayer in front of the Blessed Host (the Eucharist)
I remember years ago, back in 2001 when I went with some of my Jamaican family and friends to Jamaica, that we went to the church that one of my peers grew up in. It was a Catholic Church - and yet I was so amazed at how vibrant the worship was, even down to the taking of Communion. From the clapping of hands to people saying "Amen!" during the services and clapping during the liturgy to certain songs, It was radically different from what happened in the U.S when it came to Catholic churches I had visited - even though I attended a Catholic elementary school in the hood that was very easy to relate to.

It made me consider how Caribbean Catholicism is very much influenced by the Charismatic side of things - and thus, a lot more exciting. Of course, I've witnessed the same thing with regards to African-Christianity in general since it has also happened in the world of Orthodoxy (more shared here) - but with Catholicism, Caribbean Catholics always seem so joyful. For reference:

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlSmmMXjDjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDMZzAS2ihI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvVmuZFX-sQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j1tphmn03w

Upvote 0

iansek

Mar 18, 2015
✟7,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is definately catholic. All the catholic practises are maintained i.e adoration of Mary, prayer to the saints etc. I would say that Charismatic Catholics are more in sync in pentecostals and other evangelicals in their experience of Christ and encounter with the Holy Spirit and borrow allot from them while maintaining a distinct catholic identity.

Upvote 0