• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Swelling of the legs and feet.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Having this problem right now. I just had my legs checked by a hospital for blood clots and they found none which I'm glad. But still have the problem. Could it be from my Diabetes? I'm taking this medicine call Spironolactone.

Thanks.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It might be but they should have known if so. Did they check for CHF?
Congestive heart failure. Which is a symptom of what you describe.
Wouldn't seem to be a blood clot if it is in both legs.
God bless and heal you.
Google the med name for side affects

• Winner
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Having this problem right now. I just had my legs checked by a hospital for blood clots and they found none which I'm glad. But still have the problem. Could it be from my Diabetes? I'm taking this medicine call Spironolactone.

Thanks.
These symptoms I get from eating wrong foods. Sugar salt, etc. Water build up. Is that med for water retention?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There can be many causes. The best thing is to get the serious ones ruled out like you did regarding blood clots. Next would be checking for congestive heart failure. I have some degree of swelling at times, but an echocardiogram I had recently showed my heart is in good shape.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Thanks.
My lady friend suffers from lymphedema which affects one of her legs. She is 70 and it's fairly common in older people. There is information available on the internet that may help.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would say diabetes is a likely common culprit, sometimes a liver issue can cause as well (body holds onto too much salt and water). Fatty liver and the like. A blood test ordered by your doctor can probably rule out issues like that. Fatty liver is reversable by diet/lifestyle change often.

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would say diabetes is a likely common culprit, sometimes a liver issue can cause as well (body holds onto too much salt and water). Fatty liver and the like. A blood test ordered by your doctor can probably rule out issues like that. Fatty liver is reversable by diet/lifestyle change often.
My Diabetic doctor says this is caused by Diabetes. She gave me only one kind of water pill for it and it's called spironolactone 25mgs once a day. My age is 61 and have long history of Diabetes type 2 and in last 10 years blood pressure problems like 200/130.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums