Stranger Things - Netflix Possible spoilers.

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can find a plot synopsis online.
Essentially an 80's period scifi/fantasy real world series involving alternate reality, a cosmic entity, creatures, D&D, and the main cast are children.
However, there is this obsession with one of the characters who 99% of the fans have not only assumed he's gay but are pushing for it to the point of calling someone names and "homophobic" for not agreeing with them.
What is really disturbing is the character is a 15 year old boy. Pushing LGB or T+ on children is grooming. This may be a fictional character but this is pedophilia on some level.
Can you enjoy the series as is without going to main stream social media and other sites that discuss tv series? Yes. Thankfully anything on Netflix has options to skip of FF parts one may not like whatever they may be.

ElCamino

Dec 27, 2021
Culiacan
✟49,889.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Essentially an 80's period scifi/fantasy real world series involving alternate reality, a cosmic entity, creatures, D&D, and the main cast are children.
However, there is this obsession with one of the characters who 99% of the fans have not only assumed he's gay but are pushing for it to the point of calling someone names and "homophobic" for not agreeing with them.
What is really disturbing is the character is a 15 year old boy. Pushing LGB or T+ on children is grooming. This may be a fictional character but this is pedophilia on some level.
Can you enjoy the series as is without going to main stream social media and other sites that discuss tv series? Yes. Thankfully anything on Netflix has options to skip of FF parts one may not like whatever they may be.

I love the show and I wasn't aware that there's a character being pushed to be gay. With all due respect though, the idea that considering a character or a real person gay for X or Y reason is "grooming" or "pedophilia" is absolutely ridiculous.

We can discuss whether homosexuality or transgenderism is moral or not; but this whole dehumanization going on lately calling anyone in favor of LGBTQ+ rights "groomers" or "pedophiles" is really dangerous and it will get people killed.

Also, you are aware that underaged gay people have existed for a long time (not to say always)? At the very least, long before the current hysteria over "groomers"?

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I love the show and I wasn't aware that there's a character being pushed to be gay. With all due respect though, the idea that considering a character or a real person gay for X or Y reason is "grooming" or "pedophilia" is absolutely ridiculous.

We can discuss whether homosexuality or transgenderism is moral or not; but this whole dehumanization going on lately calling anyone in favor of LGBTQ+ rights "groomers" or "pedophiles" is really dangerous and it will get people killed.

Also, you are aware that underaged gay people have existed for a long time (not to say always)? At the very least, long before the current hysteria over "groomers"?
It's not ridiculous. I'm not going to elaborate further about grooming.
Homosexuality and transgenderism is abnormal, immoral, and unethical. The world's opinion that it's normal is wrong and irrelevant.
There is a difference between struggling with and the absurd label "LGB or T+ Christian". No person can live in unrepentant sin and call themselves a Christian.
I don't think you know what grooming is in this nor do you see the countless evidence. Seems getting them out of those lifestyles is not a priority for you. Many leave those sinful lifestyles every day.
Here is but one of many ways:
CHANGED Movement

Upvote 0

ElCamino

Dec 27, 2021
Culiacan
✟49,889.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not ridiculous. I'm not going to elaborate further about grooming.
Homosexuality and transgenderism is abnormal, immoral, and unethical. The world's opinion that it's normal is wrong and irrelevant.
There is a difference between struggling with and the absurd label "LGB or T+ Christian". No person can live in unrepentant sin and call themselves a Christian.
I don't think you know what grooming is in this nor do you see the countless evidence. Seems getting them out of those lifestyles is not a priority for you. Many leave those sinful lifestyles every day.
Here is but one of many ways:
CHANGED Movement

You're the one who believes that people thinking a character might be gay is "grooming". You're clearly the one who doesn't know what grooming is.

You're entitled to believe that homosexuality and transgenderism is all that and more; my issue is with the way people label others as "groomers" or "pedophiles" most of the time for no reason other than to get across whatever political point is en vogue.

"Seems getting them out of those lifestyles is not a priority for you."

Of course it's not. I don't obsess over other people's sex lives. My own is enough. God is the only who can judge them. Yours (and mine) are only opinions.

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Just b/c you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • The number of people pushing for it is staggering. The character is 15 years old and by definition their actions over a child's sexuality is grooming.
  • God has stated what is normal and their sinful choices are not. God's answer on sins and morals and ethics simply is and someone's disagreement is pointless.
  • I care about children and the constant push of LGB and T+ in more and more entertainment. Disney has shown they are are guilty of this among other companies.
  • We are to judge others by God and the Bible. If we are to do as you say, then we can't correct anyone and then the church becomes a country club.
    There is judgment backed by God and the Bible vs the "Plank in your eye." hypocritical judgment.
  • There is a big problem in this you don't see.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

I haven't really noticed that since the horror aspect of the story and Max's story arc going into the "Dear Billy" episode knocked the series out of the park. I feel bad that this character, if anything has been neglected in the series and his birthday was (accidentally) forgotten.

However, what about that lady that's an actress in the series that is a clear and open Lesbian? This was like that since Series 3. But then what standard can you hold a secular program that has a twisted allegorical portrayal of the demonic spiritual world (ie "The Upside Down" right?) and an occultic Dungeons and Dragon's game (which is like an 80s weird occult game that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole)? How is it that we would ignore the clear darkness and quasi-occult aspects of the show and focus on that issue? The whole show is off!

Aside from that it's a fun-watch. What can I say, it's real 80s nostalgia. Some people are spiritually mature (or really good at self-deception) to handle such a show, but if you are not there, then don't watch it.

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Robin? It's barely mentioned and since it's established through the series and was done well storywise then there's no problm.
I played some D&D but nowhere near the obsession they have. Not once did I associate it with evil. In fact, one of the creators is a Christian. Elements of Light vs Dark, Good vs Evil, holy symbols by both sides, and even Priests who were generally limited to blunt only weapons b/c bloodshed is contradiction. However, they have healing and other type spells as well as IRL even the Almight God knows you don't fight evil with "tolerance, understanding, and feelings".
The targeted character, Will is 15 years old. Teenager but still an underage child and the fact they are obsessing over this is grooming at minimum.
The problem is that more tickbox characters are being pushed in more media. Does Hollywood make Christian films at large? No.

Upvote 0