Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Thank you.

I have one issue but it's big one. The Lord’s Supper is observed only once a month due to people thinking the set up is too much work.

I don't mind setting up.

I do mind not having communion every Sunday.

I'm praying about this....

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟577,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you.

I have one issue but it's big one. The Lord’s Supper is observed only once a month due to people thinking the set up is too much work.

I don't mind setting up.

I do mind not having communion every Sunday.

I'm praying about this....
Wow. People come up with the least logical reasons not to have communion. I did a parish profile for an LCMS bloke in Texas once. He wanted to have weekly communion. Anyhow, the elder board or whatever told him it cost too much. He had figures from the secretary and told them a communion service cost about $8 and said he would pay for it out of his salary! They let him have weekly communion at the midweek service but the Sunday service stayed every other Sunday.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟757,729.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Wow. People come up with the least logical reasons not to have communion. I did a parish profile for an LCMS bloke in Texas once. He wanted to have weekly communion. Anyhow, the elder board or whatever told him it cost too much. He had figures from the secretary and told them a communion service cost about $8 and said he would pay for it out of his salary! They let him have weekly communion at the midweek service but the Sunday service stayed every other Sunday.
I wasn't willing to shake things up but after I asked it was discussed at the Elders meeting. I guess I'm not the only one who asked so it will be put to a congregational vote. I'm not sure how these things go but I'm willing to present a case for weekly communion.

• Love
Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0