Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
This topic is your personal invitation to join all those who have gone before us, and were there at the cross to watch Jesus die.

People of all kinds stood there that day. Let us strive here to see through their eyes, this greatest event in human history; and how what they saw, may affect us today.

When you read all of the Bible's accounting of who was there when Jesus died; it is nothing short of amazing how many different kinds of people, how many varying personalities stood at the foot of the cross.

What is so amazing to me is how there were enemies of Jesus, friends of Jesus, family of Jesus...there were scripture-quoting Bible believers, devout church leaders, the curious, the passers by, people just doing their jobs, , almost believers, had been believers, and those who truly did believe in Jesus. Atleast, when His crucifixion was over, they believed.

I wonder; if one were today, to stand at the cross, which point of view would one choose? There is certainly one thing very much in common with everyone who ever did stand at the cross; despite them being such an odd mixture of personal witnesses. Their lives were changed. It wasn't some fancy behavior modification change or some well-intentioned, but disjointed do good/feel good program; it was a true change...some left the scene of the cross that day with a new hope, a new and strengthened belief in God; and sadly, there were others who left the scene with no hope at all.

Where would you stand today?

Notes will be gleaned for this topic by a book written by Pastor Lonnie Melashenko, and the book is called "STAND AT THE CROSS AND BE CHANGED."

As Pastor Melashenko says: "The most crucial questions center around the Person of Jesus. What do you think of Jesus personally? What will you do with Him and His Words? Where will you stand?

I know for myself, I have searched long and hard for hope and courage, never really finding it, until I stood at the cross, and personally experienced the closing words and actions of Jesus that day.

"If you have never known or understood God's love, if you have lost confidence in His compassion for you, stand with us here; and join those who have already experienced and saw it demonstrated that day. Dont let the rush of life sweep you by these most critical moments in history. Take the time now to stand at the cross, and consider the great sacrifice the Jesus made for each one of us. For all of us.

Jesus promised:
John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Stand at the cross and be changed.

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Let us join those who watched Jesus die. See through their eyes, as they witness this greatest event in human history.

When you read the Bible accounts of what happened that day at the cross where Jesus died, you will see all kinds of people who stood there that day.

Enemies and friends of Jesus, scripture-quoting Bible believers, devout Church leaders, the curious, the passerby, people just doing their jobs, almost believers, had been believers, and those who truly did believe in Jesus - but some of them not until after Jesus died.

Every believer, no matter what church you belong to or don't, has to stand at the cross. That's the starting point for everyone. Which point of view was your's when you stood there? Or have you not stood at the cross yet? Which of the types of people do you think you would be, if you were to GO NOW and stand at the cross?

This is a topic for uplifting, personal testimony. (1 John 1:1-3).

We will do a mix of examining the different types of people at the cross when Jesus died; and how it all fits into our personal experience today.

May God add His blessing to the reading of His Word; and don't forget, "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb; and the Word of His testimony..." (Rev 12:11)

attachment.php

Attachments

• come to cross.jpg
    come to cross.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
"If you have never known or understood God's love, if you have lost confidence in His compassion for you, stand with us here; and join those who have already experienced and saw it demonstrated that day. Dont let the rush of life sweep you by these most critical moments in history. Take the time now to stand at the cross, and consider the great sacrifice the Jesus made for each one of us. For all of us.

Jesus promised:

Stand at the cross and be changed.
The Fundamental Belief, regarding the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus reads as follows:

9. The Life, Death, and Resurrection of Christ

In Christ's life of perfect obedience to God's will, His suffering, death, and resurrection, God provided the only means of atonement for human sin, so that those who by faith accept this atonement may have eternal life, and the whole creation may better understand the infinite and holy love of the Creator.

This perfect atonement vindicates the righteousness of God's law and the graciousness of His character; for it both condemns our sin and provides for our forgiveness. The death of Christ is substitutionary and expiatory, reconciling and transforming. The resurrection of Christ proclaims God's triumph over the forces of evil, and for those who accept the atonement assures their final victory over sin and death. It declares the Lordship of Jesus Christ, before whom every knee in heaven and on earth will bow.

(John 3:16; Isa. 53; 1 Peter 2:21, 22; 1 Cor. 15:3, 4, 20-22; 2 Cor. 5:14, 15, 19-21; Rom. 1:4; 3:25; 4:25; 8:3, 4; 1 John 2:2; 4:10; Col. 2:15; Phil. 2:6-11.)

The Life, Death and Resurrection of Christ

AN OPEN DOOR LEADS INTO THE CENTER of the universe, heaven. A voice calls "Come in and see what goes on here!" In the Spirit, the apostle John looks into the throne room of God.

A dazzling emerald rainbow encircles the central throne, and lightning, thunder, and voices issue from it. Dignitaries-arrayed in white garments and wearing golden crowns-are seated on lesser thrones. As a doxology fills the air, the elders prostrate themselves in adoration, casting their golden crowns before the throne.

An angel, bearing a scroll sealed with seven seals, cries: "'Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?'" (Rev 5:2). With dismay John sees that no one in heaven or earth is worthy to open the scroll. His dismay turns to weeping until one of the elders consoles: "'Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals'" (Rev 5:5).

Looking again to the majestic throne, John sees a Lamb that had been slain but now is alive and empowered with the Spirit. As this lowly Lamb takes the scroll the living creatures and elders strike up a new anthem: "'You are worthy to take the scroll and to break open its seals. For you were killed, and by your sacrificial death you bought for God people from every tribe, language, nation, and race. You have made them a kingdom of priests to serve our God, and they shall rule on the earth'" (Rev 5:9-10, TEV). Every created being in heaven and on earth joins their song: "'Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!'" (Rev 5:13).

What is so important about this scroll? It records the rescue of the human race from its enslavement to Satan and portrays the ultimate victory of God over sin. It reveals a salvation so perfect that those captive to sin can be released from their prison house of doom simply through their choice. Long before His birth in Bethlehem the Lamb cried out: "'Behold, I come; in the scroll of the Book it is written of me. I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart'" (Psa 40:7-8; cf. Heb 10:7). It was the coming of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world that effected the redemption of humanity (Rev 13:8).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Every believer, no matter what church you belong to or don't, has to stand at the cross. That's the starting point for everyone. Which point of view was your's when you stood there? Or have you not stood at the cross yet? Which of the types of people do you think you would be, if you were to GO NOW and stand at the cross?

This is a topic for uplifting, personal testimony. (1 John 1:1-3). The goal is to do a mix of examining the different types of people at the cross when Jesus died; and how it all fits into our personal experience today.

May God add His blessing to the reading of His Word; and don't forget, "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb; and the Word of His testimony..." (Rev 12:11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGZ9j3OD88

Stand At The Cross And be Changed
by Castaway57

He didnt promise the cross would not get so heavy
Oh Jesus, when I asked where you were, I was down
You took the weight of the cross, and died for me
And I knew you were real because of your crown.

When I could not see for the heat of the fire
I thought of the furnace where Daniel went
And I knew the only reason that you were there
Is because you are Jesus who was gladly sent

Calvary tells the true story of my wild life
Just as Jesus cried; I weaken, and stress
Jesus knows my heart and he feels my strife
Knows my inner ways yet wont think of me less

As I struggle alone; I feel less blessing
and the terror gives me it's false love
The evil never fails to keep me guessing
Then comes your grace from somewhere above

Seems there's always room at your table for me
You always want to help me with my great sorrow
And when you come to my house with eternity
My delight and joy will give me a tomorrow

I must thank you for your kindness and mercy
The salvation that I cant help but praise
All my hope is in that day at Calvary
while You lift me up by Ancient of Days

(permission to share for non profit only)

Upvote 0