USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So...the entire sin debt for mankind has been paid for, but people who reject Christ still have to pay the price of their sin through Hell, which means that the same sin gets paid for twice.
Nope. Not at all. There is only one reason people will be thrown into the lake of fire. And it isn't sin. Which has been paid for in full by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Those who reject the free gift of eternal life, through faith in Christ, aren't qualified to live with God eternally.

Colossians 1:12
giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

God the Father has qualified us (believers) by giving us eternal life.

John 6:40
“For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Everyone in hell is there for refusing the free gift of eternal life. That is the ONLY reason they are in hell.

I hope they at least get a lagniappe for that.
I have no idea what that may be, but I'm sure no one will get one.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That would make you and Spurgy wrong. :p
Cute little drive-by, but what evidence can be presented to back up the claim?

Statements are quite cheap; anyone can make one. Backing them up is quite a different thing.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟757,654.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Cute little drive-by, but what evidence can be presented to back up the claim?

Statements are quite cheap; anyone can make one. Backing them up is quite a different thing.

The razz was just for fun.

The Bible is pretty clear on this issue...love is demonstrated with action. If God loves everyone He would save them.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The razz was just for fun.

The Bible is pretty clear on this issue...love is demonstrated with action. If God loves everyone He would save them.
God very clearly provided the free gift of eternal life for EVERYONE. Christ purchased that free gift by bearing the sin of everyone on the cross.

While Calvinists resist the idea that man is free to accept or reject this free gift, that is reality.

By providing the free gift for everyone, He has shown His love for everyone. That is the gist of Jn 3:16.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟757,654.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
God very clearly provided the free gift of eternal life for EVERYONE.

Then we come to a close in the conversation. God will demonstrate His love by saving everyone. That is universalism.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Not at all. There is only one reason people will be thrown into the lake of fire. And it isn't sin. Which has been paid for in full by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Sinless people go to Hell? Sounds like a communist regime, where innocent people go to prison, or an extortionist racket, where debts not owed are collected, anyway.

Those who reject the free gift of eternal life, through faith in Christ, aren't qualified to live with God eternally.

No, but apparently they are qualified to be punished for things they aren't guilty of. Is this God of yours incapable of granting eternal sleep, or did his lifetime prescription of Ambien expire?

Upvote 0