United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual Remnant of God Series
Part 4 – Compromising Sin
Tuesday, June 04, 2013

All too many religious congregations believe that they can compromise God’s Standards for how things are to be done; thinking God will look the other way because after all, they are trying to use their compromised methods to reach people for Jesus. This is something that appalls the CURRENT Spiritual Remnant of God because they know God is Holy and does not sanction such compromise.

I will use an event that took place with the Ark of the Covenant as an example to explain this point.

The touching of the Ark of the Covenant was really the secondary sin that resulted in Uzzah’s death [2 Samuel 6]. Had God’s original commands been followed, the Ark would have never tilted and Uzzah would have never reached out to touch the Ark. The greater sin was in the breaking of the original instruction, which was that the Ark was to be hand carried on the shoulders with poles;[Exodus 25:10-16 and Numbers 4:5, 4:15] it was not to be transported via a cart with animals pulling it. The Ark was to be transported by man carrying its weight.

This is what is referred to as the greater and lesser degrees of sin. Many times, we are both effected and affected by what might be referred to as a secondary sin in our lives, when really the greater sin is that we did not follow God’s first command. ...

If you would like to continue reading this article, you can find my blog information on my profile page under "contact info".