West Midlands
✟1,408,991.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jacqueline I have been reading your posts and wondered what do you men by the phase 'I believe in the spirit world?'

The fruit of the Spirit are not emotions we feel but the fruit of the Holy Spirit is the evidence of the Holy Spirit's presence in the life of the believer.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Peace and joy are states of mind rather than emotions. You have to chose to be at peace or to be joyful, despite the circumstances that make you feel differently.
I believe that if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior you are saved or born again. That is my understanding. Being saved does not mean life becomes perfect or that we never have bad emotions or even doubts.
Sometimes it can seem like God is not present in our lives because we don't see any changes in our lives, we don't feel like we hear God, or we don't feel like we are growing spiritually. But His word says He will never leave us or forsake us. He is there, in your heart where you asked Him to be as well as all around you. Even when you don't see or feel Him working, He is.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace and joy are states of mind rather than emotions. You have to chose to be at peace or to be joyful, despite the circumstances that make you feel differently.
I believe that if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior you are saved or born again. That is my understanding. Being saved does not mean life becomes perfect or that we never have bad emotions or even doubts.
Sometimes it can seem like God is not present in our lives because we don't see any changes in our lives, we don't feel like we hear God, or we don't feel like we are growing spiritually. But His word says He will never leave us or forsake us. He is there, in your heart where you asked Him to be as well as all around you. Even when you don't see or feel Him working, He is.
I love the way both 1 Thess. 5 and Philippians 4 link joy with prayer and thanksgiving. :)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Olivia C

Mar 6, 2017
Belfast
✟17,201.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, RC1970. You mentioned that we should display the fruits of the Spirit in our lives. I believe in the spirit world, but I don't seem to have any of the fruits. All I feel is emotional nothingness. Love and Joy are emotions, right? Then how come I don't feel them? How come sometimes I have no peace in my life? All these years I thought I was saved. Does this mean I am not saved?

I do pray to GOD to help me eradicate sin out of my life, but He still isn't helping me be a better person. He knows that I cannot do it on my own. Why doesn't He help me?

You must change your prayer. Instead of asking for a spiritual gift ask god to help lead you to find your purpose in life. If you can find your purpose with god you can become satisfied and you will be filled with the Holy Spirit and your spiritual gifts will manifest themselves in you through Christ.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Before you are concerned with the Gifts, be sure you are fully engaged in the Fruits. As a Christian you should manifest each of the Fruits of the Spirit.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” ~ Galatians 5:22

With this blanket reply it would be my understanding that you have no identifiable gifts of the spirit, is that correct?

Fruits of the spirit and gifts of the spirit are two absolutely different things. Fruits of the spirit are Christians living their neighbors as themselves, as we are required to do as Christians. Gifts of the spirit are abilities that God gives us to help us love our neighbors as ourselves in different ways.

If you actually have miraculous gifts of the spirit that you use please let me know. If you do not have miraculous gifts of the spirit is this a case of those who don't, teach?

I know many, many people with gifts of the spirit. I do not know anyone with gifts of the spirit who talk about having to be concerned with other things first. But perhaps I am wrong and you have gifts of the spirit.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
With this blanket reply it would be my understanding that you have no identifiable gifts of the spirit, is that correct?

Fruits of the spirit and gifts of the spirit are two absolutely different things. Fruits of the spirit are Christians living their neighbors as themselves, as we are required to do as Christians. Gifts of the spirit are abilities that God gives us to help us love our neighbors as ourselves in different ways.

If you actually have miraculous gifts of the spirit that you use please let me know. If you do not have miraculous gifts of the spirit is this a case of those who don't, teach?

I know many, many people with gifts of the spirit. I do not know anyone with gifts of the spirit who talk about having to be concerned with other things first. But perhaps I am wrong and you have gifts of the spirit.
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit." ~ Matthew 12:33

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." ~ Luke 10:19-20

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit." ~ Matthew 12:33

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." ~ Luke 10:19-20

So I accept that as confirmation that you have no direct experience with spiritual gifts. Thank you.

Upvote 0