Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
its says it rained for 40 days (i.e. rain fell)

and

150 days water covered the lands

the two are different, both are in genesis chapter 7 and the chapter explains it ok.

all in all noah was on the ark about a year (inferred from his age and the month/week he entered/exited the ark)

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
the ark was massive. I do not mean it was just a big boat, it was like MASSIVE, think cruise liner, oil transport ship type size, a hundred meters long or so.

There would have been masses of room in this thing. (but yeah the stench may have been a little bad)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

ContentInHim

Ha Ha good point! Seriously though there must have been a lot of animals on the boat, maybe a few hundred thousand species? Or more :eek:
I'm not sure about that anymore. Genesis speaks of "kinds" of animals and it may be that "kind" is higher than species - like maybe genus instead. So, for instance, a dog would suffice for wolf, fox, poodle, etc.

What about the insects? (I love thinking about these things :D ) They don't take up any room but how would you keep them corralled? Why did God have to include ticks and mosquitos? :mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.