Visit site
✟2,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ooo I have the first post. So how many out there are TTC? We have two beautiful children Dylan age 2 and Kaitlyn almost 4 and we misscarried our third child in May a week after mother's day. We didn't know the sex of that baby but my daughter has named her Emma. Since then we have being TTC again and it has become frustrating for me. It seems as though everyone I know is either pg or has just had a child. Each month is a disappointment and I am praying that this month is THE month. I am going to test on Wed.

So how many other are TTC and what is your story?

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
I am glad this is hear. It's nice to chat with Christian parents who want to have a baby. (I have been chatting with people who are TTC on another site, but I find it depressing)

My first born was our surprise blessing (in that he wasn't planned) so I didn't want to start trying until our son was 2 (last November) I am still here waiting which surprised me, I thought I would get pregnant straight away. I am struggling watching friends and family get pregnant because I desperately want another baby so my son can have another brother or sister. I am from a large family and always knew that if I wanted one child, I would want another one. IT's just important to me.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No children - don't yet know if we can.

We were planning on trying this year. When I was diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year, I was told that I would need a little drug help to time my ovulations every month. To start the drugs, my husband had to be tested because the drugs have side effects if taken too long. Two different tests months apart resulted in zero sperm count. He goes to see a urologist next month to figure out why.

This has been going on for quite a few months now, and I've had a whole range of feelings. After all the pressure from both sides of the family to have children, I was expecting them to blame our problems on waiting so long. Fortunately, they understood that we probably had these problems before we even got married. Or at least in front of us, they understand. My m-i-l keeps asking me to explain it, so I'm not sure with her.

My husband took this much harder than I thought he would. I understand how this can be a huge hit on the male psyche, but it is still not in his personality. He's a medical professional, and has always been able to take a clinical look at stuff - even if it pertained to him. When I was going through the symptoms, then the tests for PCOS, he was there for me and constantly assured me that I was no less a woman and no less desirable to him. No matter how I try to reassure him that he's no less a man or no less desireable to me, it doesn't seem to make him feel better.

Anyway, I've had a huge range of emotions. I swore to myself that I wouldn't let other people talking about their pregnancies or babies bother me, but sometimes, I find that it does. I know I shouldn't think any further than his November appointment, but I find myself doing so.

I've wanted to talk to my pastor or people from church, but my friends from church, and my pastor all pushed us to start trying right away and even suggested that we may be selfish for wanting to wait a few years. I'm afraid that they won't look past that and see that this is a medical condition and not a punishment from God.

Well, that's my story. I'm glad there is a forum like this to vent on and get support from others (and give support as well). Thank you for letting me vent.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Flipper I will be praying for you. No this is not a punishment from God, and what is wrong with waiting a few years? NOTHING! Praying for you, and I know exactly how you feel about being a little upset sometimes about people talking about their pregnancies. Babies don't bother me so much because I have a healthy son who is nearly 3. But I want to be pregnant again, so when I see someone with that little bump it is hard not to wonder when is it going to happen to me.

Upvote 0

Lioness816

Sep 16, 2004
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Flipper said:
No children - don't yet know if we can.

I've wanted to talk to my pastor or people from church, but my friends from church, and my pastor all pushed us to start trying right away and even suggested that we may be selfish for wanting to wait a few years. I'm afraid that they won't look past that and see that this is a medical condition and not a punishment from God.
That is so sad :(

Our situation is similar... I knew I had problems that would keep me from conceiving on my own, but the longer I waited, the worse I got and the less the chances were. I didn't want to get pregnant at the wrong time though, so I waited. Then, a new test I had done showed something contradictory to other test and we thought I would have to go through months or years of unnecessary treatments that would end us back at IVF.
When he had his sperm count tested, the results in ALL the categories were so bad. He had the same feelings of inadequacy and "not being a man." But, because of his test results, they decided IVF is the only way for us to conceive and put in for the IVF. We were just approved for it. Once my cardiologist says I am okay to carry (I have faith he will! :prayer: ) we can begin classes and injections (for me).
I am 31 and he is 41, so we don't have years to spend on things that won't work. I look at his test results as a gift from God. If they hadn't turned out as they did, we could have wasted years doing things that never would have worked.
I will keep you and your husband in my prayers!:prayer: :prayer:
~God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Lioness816 said:
That is so sad :(

Our situation is similar... I knew I had problems that would keep me from conceiving on my own, but the longer I waited, the worse I got and the less the chances were. I didn't want to get pregnant at the wrong time though, so I waited. Then, a new test I had done showed something contradictory to other test and we thought I would have to go through months or years of unnecessary treatments that would end us back at IVF.
When he had his sperm count tested, the results in ALL the categories were so bad. He had the same feelings of inadequacy and "not being a man." But, because of his test results, they decided IVF is the only way for us to conceive and put in for the IVF. We were just approved for it. Once my cardiologist says I am okay to carry (I have faith he will! :prayer: ) we can begin classes and injections (for me).
I am 31 and he is 41, so we don't have years to spend on things that won't work. I look at his test results as a gift from God. If they hadn't turned out as they did, we could have wasted years doing things that never would have worked.
I will keep you and your husband in my prayers!:prayer: :prayer:
~God Bless
Thank you for sharing something so personal. Would you be going with a sperm donor? You don't have to answer that here, but if you are and don't mind, could you PM me? I have questions. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Lioness816

Sep 16, 2004
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Flipper said:
Thank you for sharing something so personal. Would you be going with a sperm donor? You don't have to answer that here, but if you are and don't mind, could you PM me? I have questions. Thank you.
We are not going with a sperm donor right now. We will try his and see if it will work. If not, than we may go that route...

It is odd because most my life I was embarrassed and ashamed that I may never be able to have a child in my belly of my own. How would my husband feel if I couldn't? Would he leave me? Now, the shoe could be on the other foot. What if he doesn't want a sperm donor? What if he wants to adopt and I never feel a baby growing in me?

God will guide me/us. I honestly think it was meant for us to be together.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We went to the urologist this morning. He's getting tested for a rare disorder - some things point to it, but it is so rare (doctor has only treated it once in his career), the test is more to just rule it out. If he has it, it is treatable and would be the best case scenerio. Otherwise, he has to get biopsied, and regardless of how that goes, the only way we can get pregnant is through IVF with his sperm (if the biopsy shows he has any), insemination with donor sperm, or we can adopt. The doctor told us today that 1 (one) IVF treatment costs $10,000. Our state doesn't require insurance to cover it, but the next state over requires insurance to cover 1 treatment. There is something seriously wrong with this.

He's already starting to suggest that maybe we weren't meant to have children. I promised myself I wouldn't get upset or push him into something he doesn't want to do, but I am getting upset, and I'm starting to really want a baby. :cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
:hug: I am so sorry to hear about that. Do you think you will go through with IVF treatment.

Be encouraged, I know of a ladiy here in Aus, who looked at IVF, and didn't go through with it, but a couple of years later, went on to conceive naturally (they were almost in their 40s too) God can do the miraculous.
I can't think of anything to say to encourage you further, because this is something I've not dealt with.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It's more common to see miracles like that if it is the woman who is having troubles. Most of us all have eggs, so the problem most of the time has to do with getting the egg released, and having the right place for a fertilized egg to inplant. I'm fine in that area. However, if he doesn't have any sperm, I don't know how we can conceive. I know God can do miracles - but this would certainly be a big one if He does it.

Frankly, I don't know what we are going to do. Right now, we are getting through the test to rule out the rare disorder. After that, he's getting biopsied, which should confirm once and for all if he has sperm. Insurance will cover the test and the biopsy. Because insurance will cover the biopsy, the doctor is arranging for the infertility clinic to do it instead of his office, so it is there in case we decide to go with IVF (assuming a miracle happens and insurance would cover it), or if something else becomes available. We are praying and contemplating until then.

Upvote 0

faith renewal

Nov 19, 2004
Spokane, WA
✟15,428.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, I just thought I'd step in and introduce myself. I have one son, who will be two next month. DH and I have been not-nots (not trying, not preventing) for nearly a year now. I'm starting to get a little concerned. DH was on medication as a child that could have damaged his ability to father children. I'm beginning to wonder if our son was just a lucky shot, a special blessing and that's all we'll get. If so, then I will be greatful for what we have been given, but I would really love lots of kids!

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
faith renewal said:
Hello all, I just thought I'd step in and introduce myself. I have one son, who will be two next month. DH and I have been not-nots (not trying, not preventing) for nearly a year now. I'm starting to get a little concerned. DH was on medication as a child that could have damaged his ability to father children. I'm beginning to wonder if our son was just a lucky shot, a special blessing and that's all we'll get. If so, then I will be greatful for what we have been given, but I would really love lots of kids!
Your story is similar to mine. Let me explain. I am mummy to Daniel who is 28/11/01. Anyway, on his second birthday we agreed we would go off the pill and see what God would do. It took me 11 mths to fall pregnant. I am 6 weeks and I was starting to worry a little bit about if we would be having more. Now I know that my husband hasn't had medication at all, but put it this way, if you do have a child already, chances are you should be alright. It sometimes just takes time. I would wait a few months and if you are still worried you can always go and get it all checked out.

Upvote 0

Rosy

Nov 26, 2004
Ontario
✟243.00
Faith
Christian
Hi everyone! I am new here and just thought I would pop in to say I am getting ready to start TTC #2 next cycle. We have a 21-month-old daughter and are very excited about giving her a brother or sister! It took us 16 months to conceive the first time. I finally got pregnant when I stopped obsessing so much about it and gave it up to God. I am hoping it will not take so long this time. Best wishes to all of you who are trying!

Upvote 0