St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm fairly new to CF and would love to have this folder become more active!

I have 3 children. My oldest, Grace, is 12 1/2. Grace is a typical first child....driven, type A personality, completely outgoing. She's a straight A student and trumpet player. Middle child is Mary and she's 9. Mary is a shy, sensitive introverted girl...the opposite of her older sister. She's a straight A student and a violin player. At home, she's a complete character. She has a sharp wit about her and comedic timing but no one outside our immediate family can believe she ever talks,lol. Caboose is Peter and he's going to be 7 in November. Peter is my special needs kiddo. Peter has a cognitive disability/intellectual disability(depends on which IEP you read,lol they changed the terminology last year). Which is all a nicer way of saying Peter is mentally retarded. (the R Word! ) He has had an IEP since he was 4. He attended a contained preschool class full time through our district. This year he's in 1st grade but he's pulled out after lunch and sent to a kdg. class. We were all worried that he would become frustrated with the work in 1st so we hope this works out well for him. He also receives language therapy and occupational therapy and of course a resource teacher for his math and reading. He LOVES school! Peter participates in the Special Olympics. He's not old enough to compete but they have a program that includes the younger kids. Last year he did bowling for his winter sport and participated in a track and field event in the spring.

Wanna share? I look forward to hearing about other amazing kids on CF!