the crazy priest's kid from down the lane
Nov 28, 2006
my mind
✟21,858.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
do all u pks do your crosses and prayers before u eat? even in resturants? sometimes i'm shy do to so.... and somtimes i feel proud.... have u ever felt that way??

2 days ago my school went on a field trip (i go to a Christian school). we were at the cafateria about to eat lunch, so we had to say our prayers. one of my friends said "oh no we have to do our prayers". mostly everyone was looking at us.... it was weird....

Jan 29, 2008
Visit site
✟15,144.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I'm Southern Baptist so i don't do "crosses" but I do pray, frankly I don't ever feel embarassed, I don't try to feel proud though cause the Bible says "Pride cometh before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" not that taking pride in praying is what he was referring to, but I don't try to make myself seem better than people who don't pray before meals. And yeah, I pray before I eat in restraunts, sometimes people stare, but not that much, and not everyone is like me i guess, but I don't really give a flyin' rat what people think about me to that extent.

Upvote 0

ghs1994

Jul 1, 2005
Ohio
✟16,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's because it's not in the Bible. ;)

its ok if someone does "crosses", it doesn't add or take away from anything written.

i don't always pray before a meal, simply because i pray earlier in the day about it and God knows I'm grateful for food.

*...rubs tummy....* ^_^

Upvote 0

Nessie

The Prodigal Daughter
Apr 12, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟1,712.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not Catholic either, but I do pray before I eat. I won't make a big deal out of it, and most people don't usually notice.

When we get together in large groups of young people though we have this thing where when the first plate of food gets to the table you hold your finger up really fast, and the last one up prays. MOre people are likely to notice then, but it's no big deal because the whole restaurant probably already noticed tons of young people pouring in, and we're holiness too (meaning most of the girls wear dresses, no makeup, etc), so we stand out, lol

Upvote 0