California
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kk... dead forum it seems but maybe someone could help. I saw Wicked a few years ago and loved it. Production was great IMO. The story was a little sloppy at the end IMO but it was visually great.

Then yesterday I saw Phantom of the Opera which, I thought was amazing! I never cared for the movie but this was so much better. The movie was tweaked a little but it was enough where the plot didn't really satisfy me and I LOVED the look in the theatre. The whole style was done much better on the stage. Enjoyed the music better than most of the Wicked songs but that's probably cause I've heard my sister play the soundtrack a gagillion times and it finally grew on me.

Anyway, I love seeing lavish productions on stage I think. Me and my sister wanna try out Beauty and the Beast next just cause visually, I know it should be stunning, we enjoyed the cartoon and the songs are pretty good. That's coming to the LA next year... but anything else I should keep my eyes opened for? It visually has to be great... good production values. No comedies and stuff. I'm not gonna go see something like Avenue Q... and ones like The Grinch and Shrek musicals look terrible from the bits I've seen.

Suggestions? How are productions like West Side Story and Rock of Ages (I love rock music and the 80s) and both are coming next year to my area. Thanks :D

rockinxrob

Jul 11, 2004
richland, WA
Visit site
✟65,472.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I'd say, find a show that matches your personality, of course, i'd also say find one that gits your budget, check out what you're local community theater is doing, currently, my local community theater is working on titanic, the musical, i don't know if i'm gonna go see it or not, though i have a lot of friends in the cast, from what i hear, it's nothing like the mivie, except, you know, sorry for the spoiler, but the ship sinks

Upvote 0