Should the Royal Family pay extra for the Coronation Ceremony?

Should the Royal Family pay extra for the Coronation Ceremony?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • on the contrary - they should get payed extra for their extra work

• don't know

• other

• Total voters

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why? Lol. It's a once-in-a-life-time event. In short, no. That's the right of the monarch to be coronated at whatever tax-payer expense.

I'm not in England so I don't know what the economic concerns are regarding the cost of the coronation, but I don't think it would be appropriate for the monarch to have to take additional cost of the coronation--that's not to say some of the after party, but the coronation itself, no!

Now, I could see making the monarch pay for the birthday celebrations if that's not done already. Birthdays are egotistical and all the pagan kings kept their birthdays, so I could understand forgoing the Trooping of the Colour or making them pay for it if they want to throw a shin-dig for themselves.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. The coronation is a state event for the United Kingdom -- it's the grand inauguration of their new monarch's time in office. This isn't a private party that the king decided to have for his friends.

If the UK decides they don't want a monarchy any more, I won't argue with them. My country stopped having a monarchy a couple of centuries ago. But if the citizens of the UK want a monarchy as a national symbol of their unity and pride as a nation, then there's ceremony and pageantry that comes with that, and the citizens need to pay for it.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont know. Maybe / maybe not !

Some have said, the existence of the Royal family alone, places a huge burden financially on the economy. There have been debates, here and there on whether, the British monarchy should be abolished or not.

Upvote 0