Should believers learn to communicate with the indwelling Christ ?

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
consider this

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16 KJV)

Jesus is their Comforter, in person., and when He went away He sent Down the Holy Spirit = who would dwell in the Believers.

The Reason i showed you that its the BELIEVERS and not the Apostles, who will be "given the Comforter"... is because later in John 20:22, Jesus gave the 11 Apostles the Holy Spirit (Comforter).
They already had it , and didnt need to receive it again, once Jesus "sent Him later" from Heaven.

So, as "Christ is THAT Spirit"... (Holy Spirit)... = "Christ IN YOU.. the hope of Glory'" (Glory is Heaven)... so, when Jesus sent down the Holy Spirit (Comforter), He says..."that (HE) the Holy Spirit, may abide with you forever".

Why does Jesus say...>"may Abide"...vs...>"always will"..

Its because "my SPIRIT, will not always strive with man"

What "Spirit"?

"God is A Spirit" and ""Jesus is THAT Spirit". = The Holy Spirit = Comforter.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is their Comforter, in person., and when He went away He sent Down the Holy Spirit = who would dwell in the Believers.

The Reason i showed you that its the BELIEVERS and not the Apostles, who will be "given the Comforter"... is because later in John 20:22, Jesus gave the 11 Apostles the Holy Spirit (Comforter).
They already had it , and didnt need to receive it again, once Jesus "sent Him later" from Heaven.

So, as "Christ is THAT Spirit"... (Holy Spirit)... = "Christ IN YOU.. the hope of Glory'" (Glory is Heaven)... so, when Jesus sent down the Holy Spirit (Comforter), He says..."that (HE) the Holy Spirit, may abide with you forever".

Why does Jesus say...>"may Abide"...vs...>"always will"..

Its because "my SPIRIT, will not always strive with man"

What "Spirit"?

Do you believe in the Trinity or Oneness?

also when we read of the word Christ, Christ is Jesus Christ not the father or the Holy Ghost. Abraham had Christ the seed in him. The seed is the word of God ie Christ in men.

So when Jesus said he would give them another comforter the ANOTHER is the Holy Ghost distinct from him. He was already in them and with them.

Yes, Jesus was comforting them in person. But he was also in them. They were born again before the cross ( yet not without the cross in time). So, to be born again they need the Spirit of God to give them life and they are born of the spirit. They are alive in Christ. This was all before the Holy Ghost was given. they had the water to drink, but after the Holy Ghost was given the water would bubble up within them and flow from within. Jesus baptizes with the Holy Ghost. Believers must first be in Christ and have him in them then they can have the Holy Ghost baptism. The Spirit baptizes us into the body of Christ or into Christ.

We read that Christ died for our sins. That is not referring to the Father or the Holy Ghost but to the Son, the Word made flesh, Jesus Christ, jesus is the Christ as we see in scripture.

There are many scriptures I can bring for this if you want them.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, as "Christ is THAT Spirit"... (Holy Spirit)... = "Christ IN YOU.
"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"(2 Cor 13:2-5 KJV)

Here we see that Paul specifically identifies Christ in men with Jesus Christ n them. He did not say the father here or the Holy Ghost.

"Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you...." (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV)
There is a Trinity in scripture the father, the Son and the Holy Ghost and God is a Spirit. These three are one. Each one is distinct and we read of three persons yet one God.

Jesus Christ was in the water and we read of the Father and the Holy Ghost,

Luke 3:22

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."

and the warning...

1 John 4:2

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

1 John 4:3
"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

the Father did not come in the flesh and die on the cross nor did the Holy Ghost we read that the Son of God, Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

those who taught that the Father came in the flesh and suffered and died on the cross taught an ancient heresy called "Patripassianism".

and if some believe the Holy Ghost is Christ then show me verses that contradict that Jesus is the Christ and that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh, the seed sown in the hearts , the spirit of the Son that is n our hearts.

Remember the Father is Spirit the on is Spirit before he came in the flesh, the Holy Ghost is Spirit

So every time we read of the Spirit we have to identify who we are talking about. We read of the Spirit of the father, the Spirit of the Son and the Holy Ghost

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, as "Christ is THAT Spirit"... (Holy Spirit)...
'The Spirit of Jesus Christ", "Jesus Christ is in you", "the Spirit of Christ", "Christ in you", are all referring to the same person, Jesus Christ the Son of God. The key word in all those phrases is "Christ".

"Jesus is the Christ",
as scripture says.

and we read,

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son"

We know that Jesus Christ came in the flesh, not the Father or the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe in the Trinity

Colossians 2:9

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

New Living Translation
For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.

English Standard Version
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Berean Standard Bible
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.

Berean Literal Bible
For in Him all the fullness of the Deity dwells bodily.

King James Bible
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

New King James Version
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We read that Christ died for our sins. That is not referring to the Father

"And the Word, was God".

"Jesus is the WORD made Flesh". (Virgin Born).

"God created the World".

John 1:10... "Jesus created the World"

Jesus said.>"If you've seen ME... You've SEEN the FATHER"

Jesus said. "I and my Father are ONE".

Jesus said.. "You believe in God, Believe also in Me".

Thomas the Apostle, upon seeing Jesus for the first time, risen from the dead.. kneeled and said.... "My LORD... and my GOD".

And Jesus didnt correct Thomas, as why would God correct the Truth.

Also...

Only GOD can give the Holy Spirit, and He Gave it To Adam in Gen 2:7.. .And Jesus (The God/Man) gave the Holy Spirit to the Apostles in John 20:22., and later the God/Man sent down the Comforter (Holy Spirit)... Only God can do that.

And,

Jesus said.."before Abraham was BORN, ... I AM"...

"I AM", as Jesus just defined HIMSELF.......is the answer God game to Moses., when Moses said..>"what is your Name".. and God said, "i am that I AM". = Jesus said the same about Himself.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟7,814.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
consider this

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16 KJV)

Jesus said he would give them ANOTHER comforter. He already was in them and the father as we see in scripture. And we see all three of the Trinity in this verse, Jesus said "I" and then he spoke of the "Father" and the "comforter".

we also see this in other places that Jesus was already in them and the father also was in them and spoke to them and they must have heard the father to come unto him. The Trinity or Tri Unity is all over the scripture.

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.”" ( John 15:4 KJV)

“For it is not ye that speak, but the
Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

spoken before the cross to His sheep sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." (John 6:44-47 KJV)

“While I was with them in the world,
I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.” (John 17:12 KJV)

Some difference has to be made. Blaspheme Christ, and you will be forgiven. Blaspheme the Spirit, and you will not be forgiven?

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"And the Word, was God".

"God created the World".

John 1:10... "Jesus created the World"

Jesus said. "I and my Father are ONE".

Jesus said.. "You believe in God, Believe also in Me".

Thomas the Apostle, upon seeing Jesus for the first time, risen from the dead.. kneeled and said.... "My LORD... and my GOD".

And Jesus didnt correct Thomas, as why would God correct the Truth.

Also...

Only GOD can give the Holy Spirit, and He Gave it To Adam in Gen 2:7.. .And Jesus (The God/Man) gave the Holy Spirit to the Apostles in John 20:22., and later the God/Man sent down the Comforter (Holy Spirit)... Only God can do that.

And,

Jesus said.."before Abraham was BORN, ... I AM"...

"I AM", as Jesus just defined HIMSELF.......is the answer God game to Moses., when Moses said..>"what is your Name".. and God said, "i am that I AM". = Jesus said the same about Himself.
Yes Jesus is the Son of God but distinct from the Father yet one God these “three are one”

We often see the Lord God speaking to God

For example

Isaiah 48: 15. I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. 16. Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17. Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.”

This is a very strong trinity verse
Some difference has to be made. Blaspheme Christ, and you will be forgiven. Blaspheme the Spirit, and you will not be forgiven?
what does that mean in this context? Are you accusing me? I said only truth from scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I showed this verse that speaks of “another”

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16 KJV)

The word “another” means ,allow in Greek meaning

a primary word; "else," i.e. different (in many applications):--more, one (another), (an-, some an-)other(-s, -wise).

Jesus was in them already in John 15 and other parts. “Another” speaks of just that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"And the Word, was God".
Yes, Jesus is the Son of God. God manifest in the flesh and he died for our sins on the cross. It was the Son sent down from the Father in heaven that died not the Father. The Father did not die in the cross as we read in scripture.
Yes. He is God manifest in the flesh . And he is distinct from the Father

1 John 5: 7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”

And

Hebrews 1: 8. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”
We only see Jesus by the eyes of faith and except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom.

When Jesus asked Peter who he thought he was Peter said Jesus is the Christ the Son of God. Jesus blessed him and said flesh and blood had not revealed this unto him. Notice that Peter did not say he is the Father there.

But if he saw Jesus (spiritually in faith) then he would see the Father also for Jesus always did the works of the Father. These things are spiritually discerned.

Notice that Jesus speaks of himself AND the Father two yet one God . But two distinct persons mebtioned .

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟169,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys - the dialogue is somewhat off topic.

You are welcome to open another thread on the trinity.

This thread is about communicating with the indwelling Spirit.
Ok sorry brother, just wrapping up a few thoughts here it is somehow connected to the Spirits working though and when the Holy Ghost was given and how men were led by God inwardly through Christ the seed in them and the Father speaking in them before Pentecost.

Many seem to be unaware of this.

God bless

Upvote 0