Wisconsin, United States of America
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’m not in the video. I forgot to italicize the comment. But I fixed it. :)

Ok.
Since you said, "I have compiled this ultimate substitution list", I thought maybe it was your own site you linked to.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brutal 97+ degrees outside this afternoon. UV is in the danger mode.
Plants don't like to pollinate at this temp.

Wanna trade places? It's only in the mid 50s here this weekend, chances of frost during the nights, and an expectations of hopefully getting into the 60s the first few days of next week. That's the weather now in Wisconsin.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

That's just about enough time to harvest a sorghum crop:

The Meredith Mississippi Experiment Station has such varieties as M81E, Dale (100-day maturity), and Thesis. Milsap (named after Milsap, Texas) is a 90-day syrup sorghum.

Syrup Sorghums for Texas - Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service

I've had a rough year. A freeze killed off an acre of my baby broccoli. If it had just been a little more mature; I should have had a wonderful yield. I then timed the planting of an acre of tomato seeds. I timed it perfectly. I got in the ground the day before a rain. However, the rain was light, and there wasn't enough rain to follow, to germinate.

I've seen sorghum growing in my area; and it seems to do well under adverse conditions.

When the woman being interviewed in this video mentioned that there was always bread and syrup on the table, as she grew up during the Great Depression, it motivated me to take a long hard look at sorghum.

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have often said that it seems these "perfect storm" sort of occurrences could not be happening by accident or chance. Somebody or something is behind it pulling the strings.
I believe that nature will rise up, in some instances, to drive people out of the land because of blasphemes and abominations.
I believe we are there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
6 States Getting Gas Tax Hikes

California
Connecticut
Illinois
Indiana
Maryland
Nebraska

And they're blaming the oil industry of being greedy! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have acres of wild mesquite trees; and the beans are coming in. They're high in protein. I'm going to grind as much as I can into flour this year.

I made some rice pudding with the mesquite flour. I was awesome. It had what could be compared to a raisin cinnamon flavor, and I didn't need to add any sweetener. I used about 1/2 cup of mesquite flour to 2 cups of dried rice, and steamed them together with about 4-1/2 cups of water. I wung it, but it turned out very well for the first try. Next time, I think I'll add a little more water, and double the mesquite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many of you know about sodium silicate. It's a very interesting chemical compound which when mixed with water, form a solution which is naturally attracted to metals, as as it dries it forms an air tight barrier. I am an old fashioned picture framer, who makes old fashion bronzing powder gilded picture frames. I used sodium silicate mixed in water to stop the brozing powders for oxidising and discolouring.

Well, there are other things made of metal which not everyone realises that they are made from metal and this includes egg shells. In bygone days, eggs used to be preserved by dipping them in sodium silicate and letting the solution of them dry to form an air tight barrier. If you care to check this out, you will find that not only are egg shells made of calcium, but calcium as an element is actually a metal. When the sodium silicate dries on the shell of a fresh egg, oxigen can not enter the egg through the shell.

This stops the egg for going rotten for extended periods of time at normal room temperatures for as much as nine months. I know that this sounds to good to be true, but check it out on the internet and you will see that this is true. The old fashioned name for sodium silicate when used for preserving eggs is waterglass. Check it out, it is true!

https://www.lehmans.com › product › water-glass-liquid-sodium-silicate

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Supply Chain Problems Will Continue for Years

This is from the Epic Economist youtube channel. He has a whole set of videos like that and he keeps uploading new ones every day. Daily dose of gloom & doom that's backed by facts so I don't have to worry about being single.

Upvote 0