London
✟9,470.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The past year Ive become interested in curious in Christianity after realising I had always identified as agnostic without really considering the option of believing in God.

Ive read the bible and prayed a skeptics prayer, though Ive always struggle to feel it as anything other than just words.

Then two nights ago I had a dream, I don't remember all of the details but I do remember it being really emotionally intense and overwhelming.

In my dreams I felt a rush of emotion, warmth, love. Not sure the right words to describe it but it was overwhelming and I fell to my knees and prayed to god. I prayed that I believed in him and want to welcome him into my life and give my life to him. That I know I’m a sinner and only his love can save me. I promised to him that he can take control of my life.

Im conflicted over wether I should take this as some kind of sign, or is it just normal to dream about something Ive been thinking about a lot.

Part of me feels like it means that in my heart I believe a lot more than my head thinks I do. And though the praying felt so natural and right in the dream, ever praying that for real feels completely overwhelming and not something I could do.

I would like to ask for prayers and advice on how to deal with all this :)

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,165,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The past year Ive become interested in curious in Christianity after realising I had always identified as agnostic without really considering the option of believing in God.

Ive read the bible and prayed a skeptics prayer, though Ive always struggle to feel it as anything other than just words.

Then two nights ago I had a dream, I don't remember all of the details but I do remember it being really emotionally intense and overwhelming.

In my dreams I felt a rush of emotion, warmth, love. Not sure the right words to describe it but it was overwhelming and I fell to my knees and prayed to god. I prayed that I believed in him and want to welcome him into my life and give my life to him. That I know I’m a sinner and only his love can save me. I promised to him that he can take control of my life.

Im conflicted over wether I should take this as some kind of sign, or is it just normal to dream about something Ive been thinking about a lot.

Part of me feels like it means that in my heart I believe a lot more than my head thinks I do. And though the praying felt so natural and right in the dream, ever praying that for real feels completely overwhelming and not something I could do.

Good things are happening! :)

We can indeed pray for help to be led in the right direction. When I was an agnostic, I had been drawn to read some of the things Christ said, again for the first time since childhood. Eventually one day I prayed "....God...make a way from me to you. Bring me to you." And for that moment I prayed with faith -- I really was, for moment, praying to Him. He did. :) I'm so happy to see what you've written. Once what happened then happened, I realized God was for real, and then I began to read what Christ said with more intensity, because I needed the guide -- the way -- I needed to be guided by the Teacher.

I will do as you asked. I think you are on the way, and the best thing is to hear more of what Christ said, since He is the way, the truth, and the life.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Many who come to Christ have testified to the same kind of experience. God sees the heart. He knows the deepest desire of our inner being even better than we do. God is drawing you. You'd be amazed at how little God requires from us. All I said to "out there" was, "There has to be more to life than this!". A few months later, my boss witnessed to me. He was matter of fact, no emotion and gave the simple gospel. That was 48 years ago. It's not always easy, but compared to life without Christ - no, that's unthinkable. It's vital to get a good start in anything, but especially the Christian life. I suggest that you read the following article. The Way - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,165,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just Be, here at Your feet...

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2022
Bradenton
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married

***My friend, you have been kissed by God. The same thing happened to me, very much the same way. A peace came over me while sleeping on a couch at home, and I felt supple like a baby, and high beyond a drug feeling when I got up. You may not have it again, but it's a thank you from God and a celebration from the angels who were praying too. It was at a time I was being witnessed to, a time I was surrounded by believers and their prayer's. Just feed the spirit now, with the small letters of the New Testament, John's gospel, and Psalms and Proverbs, and the Lord Jesus will guide you where you should go. Peace in Christ, as we say in our Church. You have been kissed by God, brother. DL

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beloved one, you can take this spiritual experience that you have as a sign. For this is what we have heard:

God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, you can consider this spiritual experience as God bore witness to you with sign.

This is also that we heard:

“For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it.

In a dream, in a vision of the night,
When deep sleep falls upon men,
While slumbering on their beds,

Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction.

So In order to turn man from his deed,
And conceal pride from man,

He keeps back his soul from the Pit,
And his life from perishing by the sword.

“Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, And with strong pain in many of his bones,

So that his life abhors bread,
And his soul succulent food.

His flesh wastes away from sight,
And his bones stick out which once were not seen.

Yes, his soul draws near the Pit,
And his life to the executioners.

“If there is a messenger for him,
A mediator, one among a thousand,
To show man His uprightness,

Then He is gracious to him, and says, ‘Deliver him from going down to the Pit; I have found a ransom’;

His flesh shall be young like a child’s, He shall return to the days of his youth.

He shall pray to God, and
He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.

Then he looks at men and says, ‘I have sinned, and perverted what was right, And it did not profit me.’

He will redeem his soul from going down to the Pit, And his life shall see the light.

“Behold, God works all these things, Twice, in fact, three times with a man,

To bring back his soul from the Pit,
That he may be enlightened with the light of life.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭33:14-30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, meditate these verses, and you shall perceive and understand God’s goodwill.

Beloved one, God bore witness to you, that you may hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, that you may know the grace of God in truth.

Beloved one, God bore witness to you, that you may follow Jesus Christ, that you may not walk in darkness but have the light of life.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0