Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am 46 years old. The good job I have had for 16 years is going to go away in the next month or so.

I am struggling on what to do. I do have a four year degree in Criminal Justice, but most agencies aren't interested in incoming 46 year olds. I am not really interested in Law Enforcement anyways. I have maintained a Secret and Top Secret clearance for the past 16 years. I am open minded on trying something new as I am a very quick learner with a very strong work ethic. I also love helping people.

I am not sure if going back to school is the right thing at this age. I know people in their 40s have been back to school, but I am not sure what path I should choose.

What I do have, is the understanding that God's timing is the ultimate timing, and that I must continue to have faith in Him as well as endurance and strength to be patient.

It would be great if I could get some prayer requests sent my way.

Thanks
David

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am 46 years old. The good job I have had for 16 years is going to go away in the next month or so.

I am struggling on what to do. I do have a four year degree in Criminal Justice, but most agencies aren't interested in incoming 46 year olds. I am not really interested in Law Enforcement anyways. I have maintained a Secret and Top Secret clearance for the past 16 years. I am open minded on trying something new as I am a very quick learner with a very strong work ethic. I also love helping people.

I am not sure if going back to school is the right thing at this age. I know people in their 40s have been back to school, but I am not sure what path I should choose.

What I do have, is the understanding that God's timing is the ultimate timing, and that I must continue to have faith in Him as well as endurance and strength to be patient.

It would be great if I could get some prayer requests sent my way.

Thanks
David

Speaking as someone who time and again has been through the same thing, I say don't be afraid. The first few times I went through that, albeit years ago, I was afraid also. But what I found was that I always, always, ended up with a better job than I had before.

Put your resume on monster. com and see what comes up.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Cannock Chase, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟785,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Most of us have been in a situation like yours at some point. Continue to have courage and trust in God and He will help you.

“'For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you,' declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.” ~ Isaiah 41:13-14

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when my husband lost his job, we paid a company who helps people in their job search

job skills do transfer and he ended up in a different field
pay went down at first but he did move up in the new co.
better in the end because his old company went out of business few years later

this could end up being better in long run for you, also
blessings

Upvote 0

Lightsped

Jul 13, 2010
Georgia
✟18,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I am totally ok with making less money. Money doesn't make me happy. A rewarding job where I can help people and have ability to grow within a company are priorities to me. Close to home is a big plus for me too. I am currently in Cobb County Georgia. My linkedin is below:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-carriker-695ab4170/

Upvote 0