Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Archdiocese of San Antonio says Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller “deeply regrets” that some recent social media posts on the war in Gaza, several of which were deleted Thursday, have “caused confusion and misunderstanding.”

In a series of posts on X on Tuesday, García-Sillar expressed solidarity with Palestinians while also appearing to conflate the Jewish people with the state of Israel.

“Jewish brothers and sisters stop killing Palestinians. STOP!” the archbishop wrote in one now-deleted post.

In another post, now deleted, García-Sillar wrote: “Antisemitism is condemned. To save the Palestinians is our hope.”

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Archdiocese of San Antonio says Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller “deeply regrets” that some recent social media posts on the war in Gaza, several of which were deleted Thursday, have “caused confusion and misunderstanding.”

In a series of posts on X on Tuesday, García-Sillar expressed solidarity with Palestinians while also appearing to conflate the Jewish people with the state of Israel.

“Jewish brothers and sisters stop killing Palestinians. STOP!” the archbishop wrote in one now-deleted post.

In another post, now deleted, García-Sillar wrote: “Antisemitism is condemned. To save the Palestinians is our hope.”

Continued below.
Well for myself, I do not like either side. Both countries need to solve their own issues (Gaza needs to jail Hamas), and Israel needs to use ethical tactics to defeat Hamas.

Yeah, Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller kinda went antisemitic, so it is good that he retracted his posts, cos it is not 1940s Germany, the year is 2024. On the bright side, I looked the guy up, and his cross necklace is super cool. It appears to be carved wood (or maybe metal), with the crucifix of the Son of Man, Jesus on it.

From Wikipedia: File:Official Archbishop Gustavo.jpg - Wikipedia
1715310553696.png

Upvote 0