Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How long will it be before same-sex marriage will be voted legal in our states? How long before we may be sent to jail for insisting that we, as parents & grandparents, have the right to choose what our children are taught in public schools instead of having it forced down our throats.

See the video here:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1815820715?bctid=1822459319

Thanks,
TT

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How long will it be before same-sex marriage will be voted legal in our states?

Prayerfully never.

How long before we may be sent to jail for insisting that we, as parents & grandparents, have the right to choose what our children are taught in public schools instead of having it forced down our throats.

This is why I am all for school vouchers. Folks should get to decide what schools get their tax dollars. And if schools are gonna insist that they have the right to teach kids this immoral behavior, then parents should have the right to take their kids out of these schools and send them to schools that promote their Christian values.

A diversity bookbag? :help:

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
How long will it be before same-sex marriage will be voted legal in our states?
Probably awhile, thanks to the prejudicial christian conservatives.

How long before we may be sent to jail for insisting that we, as parents & grandparents, have the right to choose what our children are taught in public schools instead of having it forced down our throats.
Melodramatic much? One doesn't get sent to jail for disagreeing with school teachings. Public schools, last I checked, don't make it a point to to force other peoples' sexual orientation down their throats. And the fact that it is a "public" school means it is sponsered by the government, and therefore you have no say in what is taught there. If you have a problem with that, go to private school.

Fundies are such hypocrites honestly. I'm quite certain you would have no problem with creationism being shoved down the peoples' throats, despite the fact that it is complete nonsense and doesn't belong in schools.

Reactions: Texas Lynn
Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Prayerfully never.
While we're at it, can we return to the days of slavery, segregation, and where women couldn't vote? The civil rights movement really did put such a damper on things didn't it?

This is why I am all for school vouchers. Folks should get to decide what schools get their tax dollars. And if schools are gonna insist that they have the right to teach kids this immoral behavior, then parents should have the right to take their kids out of these schools and send them to schools that promote their Christian values.

A diversity bookbag? :help:
You do have that right. It's called, go to a Christian private school.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
While we're at it, can we return to the days of slavery, segregation, and where women couldn't vote? The civil rights movement really did put such a damper on things didn't it?

Sure, why not if that's what liberals want? Let's just make sure that we let Black people and other minorities know up front that we're returning to the days of slavery and segregation because homosexuals feel as though their right to fornicate under the guise of marriage is the equivalent of the struggle of minorities and the Civil Rights movement.

You do have that right. It's called, go to a Christian private school.

Yep. We do. As long as we get to take our per student tax dollars with us.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I simply can't come to grips with such statements. What is immoral about same-sex marriage? Other than the fact that homosexual sex doesn't produce even more babies to continue to over-populate our world, what precisely is the difference between any two people of the same or opposite genders who are in love and desire intimacy with one another? Is the 'problem' one that exists inside your own head?

Other than "because the Bible says" (which it doesn't) you just can't answer this question effectively at all, can you?

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Probably awhile, thanks to the prejudicial christian conservatives.
Probably not long then. Interesting that the OP appeal was to the wishes of the parents but the response was against Christians.

All struggles for human rights are going on, that’s exactly what the struggle against same sex unions is, a man and a woman who conceive and produce and raise a child have a right not to have that child taught dysfunction.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably not long then. Interesting that the OP appeal was to the wishes of the parents but the response was against Christians.

All struggles for human rights are going on, that’s exactly what the struggle against same sex unions is, a man and a woman who conceive and produce and raise a child have a right not to have that child taught dysfunction.

So, are you implying that the many dysfunctional people we see today are the result of the teaching of same-sex unions? Your posts are getting more and more paranoid, bms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I simply can't come to grips with such statements. What is immoral about same-sex marriage?

I didn't say anything about it being immoral because God's Word doesn't say it's immoral. But His Word doesn't have to because in accordance with His Word, two people of the same sex don't meet His criteria to be married.

So if there can be no such thing as same-sex marriage because God's Word defines what marriage is, then there can be nothing immoral about that which cannot be.

So two same-sex people entering a "marriage" that is not marriage according to God's Word are just two people in their own little contract with a propensity to fornicate under the auspices of that contract.

Other than the fact that homosexual sex doesn't produce even more babies to continue to over-populate our world, what precisely is the difference between any two people of the same or opposite genders who are in love and desire intimacy with one another? Is the 'problem' one that exists inside your own head?

The problem is that God has defined marriage and anything outside of what He calls marriage ain't marriage. So if two people of the same sex want to pretend they are married, they should feel free to. But it ain't gonna meet God's criteria and any "intimacy" is gonna be fornicative just as it is with unmarried heterosexuals.

Other than "because the Bible says" (which it doesn't) you just can't answer this question effectively at all, can you?

I'm not in the habit of ignoring God's Word. If homosexuals want to and live by their own rules, God grants them the freedom to do so. But when you stand before His throne, He's gonna judge you by His Word, not by yours.:)

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
So, are you implying that the many dysfunctional people we see today are the result of the teaching of same-sex unions?
no. In fact I didn’t mention any people being dysfunctional, just the teaching. Which people are you saying are dysfunctional people?

If you can understand and agree with Zaac's above post, thats the answer.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

That's kind of like saying to shoot a coyote who kills the chickens is anti-mammal. As a matter of fact, it's exactly like it; it's a technically correct label but misleading and inaccurate. Not all Christians are bigots.

A dysfunctional family is a redundancy. A child is much better off being raised by LGBT parents than fundamentalist parents who teach them hatred.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...two people of the same sex don't meet His criteria to be married.

No human is capable of knowing such with any confidence.

So if there can be no such thing as same-sex marriage because God's Word defines what marriage is

The world has grown considerably since superstitious tribesmen wrote Leviticus for the purpose of exercising power and control over others.

So two same-sex people entering a "marriage" that is not marriage according to God's Word are just two people in their own little contract with a propensity to fornicate under the auspices of that contract.

That sounds like a concept of god not unlike a concept of a District Attorney. A god of that sort would be useless.

when you stand before His throne, He's gonna judge you by His Word, not by yours.:)

LGBTs have nothing to fear from a loving God. Those who sow seeds of hatred however will receive what is to them substantial punishment-having to share a heaven with those they hate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No human is capable of knowing such with any confidence.

Balderdash. You, a human, seem to feel confidently enough that no human is capable of knowing such a thing with any confidence.

So what makes you so confident about your surmise?:confused:

I, another human, can know such a thing with ABSOLUTE confidence because God's Word says so.

The world has grown considerably since superstitious tribesmen wrote Leviticus for the purpose of exercising power and control over others.

Texas Lynn, if you don't believe that God's Word as given in His Holy Bible is His Word, then don't look for me or anyone else to convince ya. That's the work of the Holy Spirit. Until a person believes that lil diddy about God's Word, ain't no reason to go back and forth about right and wrong.

That sounds like a concept of god not unlike a concept of a District Attorney. A god of that sort would be useless.

Hey yall the ones who have become your own gods and attempted to create these "new marriages." And you're right. Yall's concept of god IS useless.

LGBTs have nothing to fear from a loving God. Those who sow seeds of hatred however will receive what is to them substantial punishment-having to share a heaven with those they hate.

Yeah, you go right ahead and keep putting that stumbling block in front of folks as they non-fearingly split hell wide open.

And you can save this foolishness about hatred. Folks are just telling yall what God says because they love you . But some love their sin more than they love God and don't listen.

But a Holy God will not be in the presence of that which is against Him.

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil,
19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian

Each parent and grandparent does not have the right to choose what your children are taught in public schools. Why would you even think that? If every parent wanted to force the school to change the math curriculum to suit their preferences, would you expect that to work?

WRT the curriculum these parents were complaining about, I think it was perfectly appropriate. Appropriate social studies curriculum for kindergarten children is to teach them to be nice to other children, even if their parents don't like each other. That's what the diversity bookbag was all about.

If the parents want to tell the kid at home that they think the other kid's parents are icky & we don't want you associating with their kid, the parents are free to do that. No one has taken away parental freedom. I grew up with parents who said about all kinds of things I learned in school, "We don't believe/do that because we're Christians." I'm grateful they did that because I learned a lot from that process. I learned about both critical thinking and moral courage. Parents do have every right to teach their kids what they want. But when kids go to public school, they are going to encounter the larger culture, and parents need to help kids learn to get along in the larger culture, even when its values are different from their own.

By censoring this curriculum, these parents are missing out on an opportunity to teach their children the larger issue, which is how to treat children whose parents are different from them.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Each parent and grandparent does not have the right to choose what your children are taught in public schools. Why would you even think that? If every parent wanted to force the school to change the math curriculum to suit their preferences, would you expect that to work?

We got some of the dumbest publically educated kids in the world. It's already not working.

WRT the curriculum these parents were complaining about, I think it was perfectly appropriate. Appropriate social studies curriculum for kindergarten children is to teach them to be nice to other children, even if their parents don't like each other. That's what the diversity bookbag was all about.

Crazy Liz, right? Then you use your per student tax dollars to send your kids to said schools and indoctrinated to believe that the world's way is a legitimate alternative to God's Way. Parents who don't want their kids taught this mess should have the right to take their per student tax dollars elsewhere.

If the parents want to tell the kid at home that they think the other kid's parents are icky & we don't want you associating with their kid, the parents are free to do that. No one has taken away parental freedom. I grew up with parents who said about all kinds of things I learned in school, "We don't believe/do that because we're Christians." I'm grateful they did that because I learned a lot from that process. I learned about both critical thinking and moral courage. Parents do have every right to teach their kids what they want. But when kids go to public school, they are going to encounter the larger culture, and parents need to help kids learn to get along in the larger culture, even when its values are different from their own.

Teaching kids that homosexuality/homosexual marriage is an acceptable alternative to God's Way is not acceptable unless you gonna bring in somebody to teach what God says about such behavior. Otherwise, the school system needs to keep its liberal teachings to itself.

By censoring this curriculum, these parents are missing out on an opportunity to teach their children the larger issue, which is how to treat children whose parents are different from them.

Tell that to the parents who don't want their kids taught Creationism in school. If the school system is gonna teach the wrong way, then they need to teach the right way too or else relinquish our per student tax dollars to send our kids to what ever educational institution we choose.

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Let's have a serious discussion about this, OK?

Here's what I want to hear from the parents objecting to their kids being taught how other kids in their society live: What do you think the school should do when a kid comes to school who has 2 moms & other kids start treating them badly?

What should the parents say to their kids when they come home & say "Sally has 2 dads," or "Timmy lives in 2 houses," or "Julie's mom is getting married," or "I don't like Terry because he's black," or "Jenny eats raw fish for lunch. She's icky?"

I really want to know how you think parents and schools should deal with kids being mean to each other because of their parents' prejudices.

If I saw the "Yes on 8" crowd actually talking about how to talk to your kids about being nice to Johnny even though Johnny's parents are bad, I might listen. Instead I hear them saying they want to hide their heads in the sand and not have their kids exposed to the fact that other kids in the school might have different kinds of families than they have.

If you want to pay the money to send your kids to a Christian school where all the families are vetted to make sure nobody's kids will be exposed to differences in the wider society, you can maybe see that their heads stay in the sand a few years longer. You can also see that they are not exposed to the way poor kids live, or all kinds of other things. But I don't want my tax dollars spent to support segregated schools.

When a new girl moved into the district in my daughter's 7th grade class & came to our house for dinner, I was moved by hearing her story of how nice it was to have a friend's family accept her into their home, and how mean the kids & their parents had been to her at her old school because she had 2 moms. Teaching respect for people different from you is part of good citizenship, which has been part of school curriculums forever.

Upvote 0